Page 1 of 18 123456 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 357
Like Tree82Likes
  1.    #1  
    Because of the influx of threads being posted about every issue with the TouchPad (from advertising and store sales, to device complaints) and how (for some) those issues have completely ruined their lives, caused their worlds to collapse around them, induced global warming, ruined marriages, and have basically sucked all Hope for world peace from their lives.... we have decided to put them all here for convenience.

    The main TouchPad forum is for discussing and getting assistance with your device. For those who wish to vent, this thread is for you!
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/25/2011 at 06:18 PM.
  2. #2  
    Not very good reading,or figures The Lonesome Death Of WebOS | TechCrunch

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/18/2011 at 03:34 PM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
  3. #3  
    I figure the woot deal was undercut by Staples. It would have been interesting to see the figures if those sales weren't at the same time.
  4. #4  
    ok I'll bite.

    the woot deal was greatly undercut by the staples deal, also the author himself admitted to the paltry sample size of his 'statistics'.

    anway, clink the link and I guarantee you will feel trolled by the end of the article
    cobrakon and GodShapedHole like this.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 sisters View Post
    Not very good reading,or figures The Lonesome Death Of WebOS | TechCrunch

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Hmmm....wonder if he's seen the "highest rated" category over at Amazon.com?? (Obviously not )

    Amazon.com Top Rated: The best in Computer Tablets based on Amazon customer reviews

    (Yes, that IS the numero uno spot on the list... )
  6. #6  
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  7. #7  
    Hmm doubt precentral fans had little to do with those reviews , we also won all the polls if I recall

    Odd
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/s/re...bosnation0e-20

    I hope he's wrong but can see his point. I think this version touchpad is nearing EOL already

    Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    fmarcanojr likes this.
  8. #8  
    We're

    One

    Month

    In.

    {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 sisters View Post
    Not very good reading,or figures The Lonesome Death Of WebOS | TechCrunch

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I disagree - this is fantastic reading and great news!

    They had to dig up an obscure site called "Woot" in order to find bad news about webOS because they couldn't find bad numbers at actually well-known stores like Amazon (#2 in Tablets, 4.5 star rating - best in Tablets) or Staples (seemingly all sold out everywhere in the US thanks to their discount).

    The best thing is that they're writing that webOS is dying because that one solitary deals website hasn't sold that many TouchPads - while the so-called "deal" they had for the TouchPad was worse than the discount offered by Staples as I just found out.
    In other words, people would have been IDIOTS to buy from the "deal" website.

    So TechCrunch is trying to say "this platform is going to fail because this obscure deals website here isn't able to sell this product more expensively than competing stores, where the product is flying off the shelves and getting rave reviews".

    And it's even quite obvious that TechCrunch had to search, hard, for SOME place where the TouchPad didn't sell well.
    Quite telling that it's not an actual retailer but a "deals" site I never heard of in my life before today and had to google first.
    They couldn't point to, say, rank #72 in Tablets at Amazon with a 1.5 star rating, so they had to come up with SOMETHING. Which immediately begs the question WHY they wanted to come up with something so hard. But that's quite beside the point.

    Just a while ago, it was really easy to find actual statistics regarding how badly webOS was doing. But now, only a month after the TouchPad's launch, the haters have to go really deep and reach for obscure deal websites in order to find something negative.

    In half a year, TechCrunch is going to show proof that webOS usership is down because there are only so-and-so many "looking to buy" threads for the TouchPad on a craigslist alternative while there are many more people "looking to buy" an iPad.

    In a year, they may write that webOS is now officially dead because they have ABSOLUTELY NO MINDSHARE WHATSOEVER among the young and hip, as proven by the blogger asking his elderly grandmother if she knows what it is.

    The harder people are reaching to put down webOS, the better webOS is doing. The fact that they're already reaching so hard, only one month after the TouchPad's release, is fantastic for webOS
    Last edited by GodShapedHole; 08/09/2011 at 06:57 PM.
  10. #10  
    The defining problem with the post by the Techcrunch author is shown below in red.

    While this pricing reduction is obviously part of HP’s traditional M.O. – you don’t sell millions of desktops and laptops by selling at full price all the time – I think this M.O. coupled with the general lack of consumer interest is what will sink the TouchPad and the Pre, leaving them to flounder and fail like so many devices before them.

    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    ...snip Hmm doubt precentral fans had little to do with those reviews , we also won all the polls if I recall
    The poll that matters is the sale
    Last edited by sinsin07; 08/09/2011 at 08:10 PM.
  11. #11  
    woot isn't an obscure site...
    rnolan1087 likes this.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    woot isn't an obscure site...
    Never heard of it until I heard about the sale. The fact that it sold over 600 TP's when they were selling for much cheaper at Staples, and the fact that a lot of people ended up having to go to Office Depot or Office Max to get them because they sold out, tends to say that a lot were sold. But hey, what do the Amazon numbers say...yeah, it sold a lot. And it's the highest rated tablet. And PC Mag states it's the best non-Apple tablet. Etc...etc...etc..

    Let's wait for HP to give some guidance on sales...oh...wait...already heard from one of their big peeps that it was selling better than they hoped.
    DD007 and timjhenry like this.
  13. #13  
    "Maybe not this year, maybe not this CES, but by 2013 we’ll be writing WebOS’ obituary."

    people have been writing webOS' obituary since 2009
  14. #14  
    In the forum posts for the Woot sale potential buyers were directed to the Staples sales.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 sisters View Post
    Not very good reading,or figures The Lonesome Death Of WebOS | TechCrunch

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Techcrunch...typical tech journal reading the fortune cookies and rubbing their magical crystal ball. Actually, if you hope over there now...the author is getting slammed left and right, so I don't think he needs much help debunking his speculation. Sorli...
  16. #16  
    Woot does well by offering extremely low deals. This time, their deals was the same deal you got by walking into any retailer selling the TouchPad (except Staples, who sold for $100 less)..

    The author didn't mention that, because folks might suddenly realize it's the second obit he's written for webOS.

    Yeah, the bells may be tolling, but I don't think they're ringing out the dirge that iPhone are pretending to hear. Sounds more like a celebration.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    That category title is pretty telling.
  18.    #18  
    Woot! is far from an obscure site. (TechCrunch is more obscure than Woot is) And the high sales numbers that they showed for the TouchPad only proved one thing... that the price point they sold it at is the "sweet spot" for that device and the price point that HP should be shooting for their pricing. If HP hits that price point (or near it) they'll sell tons more.
    rnolan1087 likes this.
  19. mike5's Avatar
    Posts
    762 Posts
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    woot isn't an obscure site...
    Really? I never heard of it until the sell of the TouchPad & I never would of heard of it even then if it weren't for these forums.

    Maybe I am the one who is obscure...
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    Maybe I am the one who is obscure...
    Sometimes I feel the same way
    mcbr likes this.
Page 1 of 18 123456 11 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions