Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree82Likes
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    the only thing i really notice that is slow is the slow boot time. i swear it must take over a minute to boot to WebOs

second slowest to me is probably slow loading web pages, but i think there are work-arounds for that
    yea wait a few more years until they have better hardware in them

Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    the only thing i really notice that is slow is the slow boot time. i swear it must take over a minute to boot to WebOs

second slowest to me is probably slow loading web pages, but i think there are work-arounds for that
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    you guys expect perfection right away. Technology is just starting to evolve. I wonder what a tablet will really look like 10 years from now. I have installed all on my touchpad but I can tell you that disabling FLASH makes a difference. If you want to watch flash content on a page, just turn it back on, simple as that.
    I understand what you're saying but part of the reason the touchpad should be good IS Flash. I mean I agree that flash is rubbish and we'd all be better off without it, but all you really want is a seamless browsing experience, and not have to fiddle it.

Here's an example. I'm just leaving the house. What's the weather like? BBC weather: flash. Is the tube running ok today? Transport for london uses flash. Traffic updates? Flash. Ticket booking on certain sites? Flash

Given we have an IPad 2 and I find it so consistently useless in the 'I just need to do this on the web' application, I really hoped that the TP would remedy that. But if I'm honest, I tend to just boot up my computer or use my Pre, I just find it much less hassle.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    yea wait a few more years until they have better hardware in them
    not so sure hardware is the culprit. flash based device should boot much faster. i've read it was due to lack of optimization of the webos itself. hopefully an update will fix it one day.
    if the hardware wasn't involved then y are we all OVERCLOCKING!!!!!! Our devices?? It is that and still tablets are not as good as a PC. Just wait and mark my words. Few years frm now the tablets will be flying without any tweaks.

Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    not so sure hardware is the culprit. flash based device should boot much faster. i've read it was due to lack of optimization of the webos itself. hopefully an update will fix it one day.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    it was my understanding that overclocking was to speed up apps. not necessarily the boot time. perhaps i was mistaken?
    overclock to 1.7G and turn off JavaScript and flash player, your browser will be much faster. Patches don't do much for web browsing.
    Hope that developers would find a fix to optimize it and add features, I look so lagy to anyone viewing my cam using the TP, it is unviewable pretty much.

Being able to use the cam in other apps / using the browser would be great !
    Most of that is dependent on your wifi connection FYI.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    24 mbps ?!

yes the wifi experience on this device isn't the best either, flash videos stop loading etc..

Using my laptop it is blazing fast
    Everyone I've talked to on Skype says my video is just as good on my TouchPad as my laptop, and are impressed. Occasionally it will freeze up, but the same thing happens on my laptop--because, as mentioned above, the WiFi connection is the problem.

Are you sure that you have 24 Mbps UPLOAD?

Oh, and my laptop is top of the line Sandy Bridge.
    I wish the camera had other native features other than 3rd party Skype. HP might as well have labeled the whole top bezel "NOT FOR UNAUTHORIZED SKYPE USE."
    Quote Originally Posted by tasogare View Post
    Everyone I've talked to on Skype says my video is just as good on my TouchPad as my laptop, and are impressed. Occasionally it will freeze up, but the same thing happens on my laptop--because, as mentioned above, the WiFi connection is the problem.

Are you sure that you have 24 Mbps UPLOAD?

Oh, and my laptop is top of the line Sandy Bridge.
    yes I'm sure, or else I'm getting scammed by TW
    yup it does sucks, if you are still and dont move the picture is good, however even walking will give you a big blur on the picture. Which is sad as I try to use it to show my son to my mum but if he moves its hard for her to see.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    I'm not having trouble with the camera but the sound seems to keep feeding back for the person on the other side. Anyone know a solution to that?
    My Skype on TP is horrendous too! Totally choppy and unviewable according to my friends. Same wifi connection and works great on MacBook.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    I'm not having trouble with the camera but the sound seems to keep feeding back for the person on the other side. Anyone know a solution to that?

Headphones.
    The Touchpad has landed. Ordered 8-21 Delivered 10-10. 32gb at 1.5ghz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmanspiff View Post
    Headphones.
    smart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmanspiff View Post
    Headphones.
    That's great. Anyone found a useful solution that uses the speakers and mic ON the TouchPad?
    Last edited by Orion Antares; 09/12/2011 at 02:08 AM.
    Without muffling or coming close to muting the speakers, i would bet the feedback will be an issue. I have trouble sometimes using skype on my netbook for the same reasons.
    The Touchpad has landed. Ordered 8-21 Delivered 10-10. 32gb at 1.5ghz.
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast