Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Like Tree82Likes
    you've lost your mind... Do the simple math...
    I bought accessories to protect my tablet as I won't be able to get another for the same price should ill fate befall it. Had I paid $500 for it, I would have spent the same out of fear of damaging my $500 investment. More, actually, since the accessories wouldn't have been clearance priced.
    I have better apps and a better overall experience. To me, it's worth the cost of an iPad. The TP is still useful, but the quality and quantity of apps hurt the user experience.
    HP Touchpad 16GB
    how much did you pay for your ipad? If you're into the TP for $149 and that's more than you paid for the ipad, then I need to be shopping where you're shopping.
    Global Posts
    2,672 Global Posts
    Really dude? You get the thing for 99 bucks, then complain about accessories? Did the car you bought come with all the features for free, or did you pay extra? Do you have basic cable or pay extra for a few more channels? Do all your pants come with belts or did you have to buy one? I think you get the point.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Better than me. I've ordered case for TP I don't even have yet and not sure I'll ever get.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    Do all your pants come with belts or did you have to buy one?
    All of mine come with a pull cord to tighten them up
    I really did get what I paid for. $99 got me an buggy, 80% functional webOS with a decent internet browser. It's not even enterprise friendly and it's really geared towards your average consumers. Again, I'm not bashing the Touchpad at $99, but just stating the fact that I'm going to have to pay more than $99 just to get this on par with an out-of-a-box Vizio Android Tablet.
    HP Touchpad 16GB
    Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    Do all your pants come with belts or did you have to buy one?
    Damn bro. This is 2011, everyones wearing skinny jeans. No belts needed.
    HP Touchpad 16GB
    Quote Originally Posted by iboost79 View Post
    just stating the fact that I'm going to have to pay more than $99 just to get this on par with an out-of-a-box Vizio Android Tablet.
    Where is this magical $99 16 gig Vizio tablet? A quick google for Vizio tablet only reveals a $300ish, 4 gig internal memory (yes I know it has an SD card slot, but that is added cost) Vizio tablet.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by joen05 View Post
    Wouldn't the overall cost of all the apps and accessories you've purchased for your touchpad be significantly less than what you've already spent on your iPad?

I mean, my brother has an iPad, and with the smart cover and backing he's at close to $900 before any apps. My touchpad cost me $150, I am supposedly getting a 50 dollar rebate, and have the $50 app credit. With accessories (2 touchstones and a case), I'm at around maybe $250 spent.

To each their own, but I think that the Touchpad's value is unmatched. Not to mention webOS is the best :-D
    I lucked out and was able to get two 16gb TPs (one from BB and one from a local shop). In addition, I bought two HP Folio cases, two TS, the BT KB, and an extra wall charger (for travel). Even with the two TPs and all the accessories, I am still below a 16gb iPad. I consider that a great deal, especially given that I really couldnt justify the need for a tablet, but had to have them at the firesale price
    I have been noticing a LOT of new threads about build quality and issues (not related to the OS) I at first just associated this with the firesale and now there are a lot of them out there. But it starting to look like there are tons of quality issues with them... Anyone else think this is strange (and a bit scary)
    No. Look at the short amount of time the TouchPad has been on the market. Look at any other first-generation product out there and you will see similar griping; go to MacRumors.com if you don't believe me and look at the large number of complaints from Mac/iPad/iPhone/iPod users on more mature product lines. Also keep in mind that there has recently been a large influx of new users and with that a higher potential for issues to be found and reported. I don't think the TouchPad is unusual in this regard.
    Think about how many TouchPads were sold at once. Your average product will never sell that fast. Normally complaints slowly trickle in and don't cause a big roar because they largely go unoticed by those that don't have any. What you have now is a ton of people all getting them at the same time and all complaining about issues at the same time. I for one am not worried about it.
    I'm usually one of the luckiest people when it comes to technology. Even when the iPhone 4 came out and everyone was having antenna issues, my phone was fine. So I consider myself lucky.

But my Touchpad bricked after 2 days. Literally bricked. Customer service even deemed it bricked. So it really does make me wonder if these things were put on a firesale for more then one reason...
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman3459 View Post
    I'm usually one of the luckiest people when it comes to technology. Even when the iPhone 4 came out and everyone was having antenna issues, my phone was fine. So I consider myself lucky.

But my Touchpad bricked after 2 days. Literally bricked. Customer service even deemed it bricked. So it really does make me wonder if these things were put on a firesale for more then one reason...

Honestly your luck has to run out sooner or later when it comes to electronics. I too have been luck so far but realize its only a matter of time before I get a bad device.

Do they give you any indication why?

Your iPhone was not unaffected. It was a design issue; you just never encountered it. Also, one dead TouchPad != a bad product. Considering the number that have been sold and the small number of threads complaining about bricked TouchPads (and most due to webOSDoctor) I see no cause for alarm.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmpierson View Post
    Do they give you any indication why?
    No, they didn't. The guy sounded like he was mentally disabled and you could tell he was reading the same "problem solving guide" you can find online. Finally after wasting a good 20 minutes of my time, he said it was bricked.

Here's the summary of the situation

-Turned off my Touchpad at night, fully charged.
    -Won't turn on the next morning, even with hard reset
    -Touchpad will not charge, or have any indication of charging
    -WebOS Doctor could not recognize my device
    -My computer couldn't even recognize it
    -Stuck with a black screen and a nice paperweight.
    A whole lot of tablets were sold in a very short period and people don't find forums to say "Everything's holding together just fine". Forum postings aren't a representative sample because people with a complaint/issue are far more likely to seek an outlet (to either complain or find a resolution) than satisfied customers.

I'm not saying that there is or isn't build issues; just that the amount of posts on this forum isn't a good gauge of the 300,000+ tablets sold.