Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree82Likes
    Well, I am WAAAY outside of any return window so I figure the only thing left is for Windows 8 to be crammed into the TouchPad by the homebrew community.

After two companies, webOS is dead. I refuse to go to either Android or iOS so I guess that leaves Windows.
    We have too much group hysteria already. Inciting talk of law suits right now would have the same effect as yelling "fire" in a movie house. Sorry.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
  3.    #63  
    There have been 4 of these threads already... putting it with them.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    So tonight, I returned my 32 gb Touchpad, Touchstone Dock and Case to Bestbuy. To say I am pis*ed about today's announcement is an understatement. I did not even get to use my $50.00 App credit, but at this point what's the use. The big apps we were hoping for will now never come, I would be shocked to see any developer support, ever. If you paid $300.00 or less then the decision to keep the tablet may be easier, but for $600.00 I just couldn't do it. At this point the most you have to look for is Homebrew support and I give that 6 months tops. I loved webOS. RIP
    Palm is still supporting webOS software just the same. HP just isn't making any new hardware lol.

Also, if I bought a badass Dell XPS 15(which I did), and Dell announced they weren't going to make any more laptops, I wouldn't return it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by dawizel1 View Post
    At this point the most you have to look for is Homebrew support and I give that 6 months tops. I loved webOS. RIP
    I have much more to look forward to than homebrew support....and I don't even use homebrew...
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    sorli and TravisAntonio like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Also, if I bought a badass Dell XPS 15(which I did), and Dell announced they weren't going to make any more laptops, I wouldn't return it.
    That's totally different. If you buy a Windows laptop and one OEM stops making hardware, there are 100's others that are still building Windows laptops. No one is going to stop making apps for Windows. Can you honestly say that's going to be true for the Touchpad? No one else is selling a webOS device. It's possible, if not likely, that no one else will sell a webOS device.
    Quote Originally Posted by brad2021hk View Post
    That's totally different. If you buy a Windows laptop and one OEM stops making hardware, there are 100's others that are still building Windows laptops. No one is going to stop making apps for Windows. Can you honestly say that's going to be true for the Touchpad? No one else is selling a webOS device. It's possible, if not likely, that no one else will sell a webOS device.
    I'm talking specifically about MY Dell laptop and how it works perfectly the same, before and after announcement.

Samsung has shown interest in webOS HP confirms Samsung

I can't say people are going to keep creating apps for webOS. If another OEM gets ahold of webOS, they're going to be pushing for it.

Palm is still supporting webOS software, it's just not them making the hardware anymore. That's it. Someone else is going to now.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Samsung? Imaginate the Samsung Galaxy S3 with WebOS.

1.5GB Ram.
    2.0 dual core
    Running WebOS 2.3
    -Travis Antonio
    Trakyng Games

Devices:
    -Motorola Atrix 4G (1.5 Ghz) (CM7 Neutrino) (Tegra Hack H^LLA POWERFUL)
    -Palm Pre Plus *DEAD*
    -Palm Pre Plus (Mom).

Never forget to say Thanks, God bless you all.
    fortunately this is the last day I can return my touchpad and will definately do so, unfortunately I cannot return these POS shares of HPQ! That's what I get for really putting my money where my mouth is on how great I thought webos was. RIP webos, hp you suck.
    I am already sick of this thing as typing is a big *****. Also, its just an oversized cellphone. I know I cant be the only one. I am happy but its not what I thought..
    rhoads5150 likes this.
    at least you only spent 100 or so for that realization vs spending 800 on a 3G iPad or something
    I have no idea what you were expecting... Its no different then any other tablet device.
    Quote Originally Posted by iwantpadto View Post
    I am already sick of this thing as typing is a big *****. Also, its just an oversized cellphone. I know I cant be the only one. I am happy but its not what I thought..
    dm and lets talk about you selling it to me.
    I was a proud supporter of Palm, HP
    WebOS running on the Palm Pre, Pixi, and now the TouchPad.

Amazon =
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    There are thousands of us who would be happy to take it off your hands. I think you have discovered why there isn't really much of a market for tablets, just a market for iPads. Tablets don't do that much. Just portable web browsers/movie players/ebooks. The only reason so many iPads sell is the "cool" factor of owning apple's latest product
    I`m actually really liking mine and think the multi tasking/cards program is wonderful and much better than on the ipad.Just a shame not many apps will be developed for it in the future but hey i paid 115 uk for the 32gb and think its a bargain for web browsing,angry birds and watching movies on it
    sledge007 likes this.
    It has so much potential but so little there in terms of apps.

I could live with Webos if there were a couple of thousand apps to choose from.

Webos is innovative. After using the TP and going back to my Asus Transformer, I keep swiping the screen to move apps. Hmmmmm. My fingers must like the movement.

If I could get Aldiko or Moon Plus Pro, Dolphin HD, Random Mahjong, Netflix, Slingplayer, a good MS Office doc editing program, and Tapatalk I would keep it on WebOs.

BTW, I would pay for each of those on the new platform.
    Quote Originally Posted by chaloney View Post
    There are thousands of us who would be happy to take it off your hands. I think you have discovered why there isn't really much of a market for tablets, just a market for iPads. Tablets don't do that much. Just portable web browsers/movie players/ebooks. The only reason so many iPads sell is the "cool" factor of owning apple's latest product
    I don't think just being "cool" is why they sell so well although I do admit that is one reason.

You could do the same things with a smartphone, but with the limitation of the smaller screen. You could do more with a notebook, but not that much more if you consider what most people do with their "casual" computing ie email, browsing, facebook, reading, and im. You don't need a 5 lb 15" i7 processor to do those things and I don't think people want to lug something like that around all day.

A tablet is a good compromise between the two, and the iPad is a very good one. That is the other reason it sells so well. The third reason is that Apple is very good at marketing now, unlike the before SJ's second tenure at Apple where Apple couldn't market itself out of a paper bag.

You have to admit that you might hate Apple's marketing prowess and knowing what people want or making them want a product, but don't you wish HP was able to do the same thing with webOS?

If you can't get the word out on your product, why would you expect them to buy it over something else?
    Quote Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post
    It has so much potential but so little there in terms of apps.

I could live with Webos if there were a couple of thousand apps to choose from.

Webos is innovative. After using the TP and going back to my Asus Transformer, I keep swiping the screen to move apps. Hmmmmm. My fingers must like the movement.

If I could get Aldiko or Moon Plus Pro, Dolphin HD, Random Mahjong, Netflix, Slingplayer, a good MS Office doc editing program, and Tapatalk I would keep it on WebOs.

BTW, I would pay for each of those on the new platform.
    a Tapatalk app is coming, Communities

There is at least one TP Mahjong app in the catalog I could have sworn...

Last comment was that we would be getting Doc editing this week... no officer word from the developer only from the webOS side...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    As much as I like my touch pad its almost totally unusable out of the box.

Imagine passing up a polished Ipad for a touchpad so buggy that doing anything is painful plus there are no apps. That was the launch for the HP touch pad

If I did not know what I know I would of freaked over all the bugs

if you do not
    update
    patch

you are left with a horrible experience

updated and patched its a lot better but not good enough

if you need any more proof the CEO needs to be fired I would be shocked
    I'm wondering if the Touchpad division ever even tried using their own product or did they all have Ipads?
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast