Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree82Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 sisters View Post
    Not very good reading,or figures The Lonesome Death Of WebOS | TechCrunch

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Seriously, TechCrunch will soon join the list of their own deadpool very soon as their parent company is bleeding hard.
    Bugger,thought I heard bells.bad times,very bad times.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    I was able to return my TouchPad at Best Buy today which is 47 days past when I purchased the product. I am a Premier Silver Reward Zone member and I had to push hard (never yelling or raising my voice) with the stores general manager but he did give me a store credit for the full price of the Touch Pad and allowed me to return my Touch Stone for cash as it was purchased within the 45 day return window. If you purchased it from Best Buy, I'd get there today and try to get a credit or your money back.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    my sister works in geek squad and informed her store gm about the news as soon as it broke on precentral. He sent in a help ticket to best buy corporate. There will probably be a company wide policy in place by tomorrow if not already for people attempting late returns. Your best bet is to go now if you are going to try and return it.
    Global Posts
    1,059 Global Posts
    has anyone out there tried to return their TP yet? I bought mine over 30 days ago from BB and I am wondering if they might make an exception under these circumstances.

By the way, the most appalling part of all this is the lack of communication from HP to their loyal customers. They can't even send out an email saying sorry and thanks?
    yeah wondering same - will costco (90 day return) take it back even with teh UPC cut out? Is it worth returning it or are we panicking?

i think i will wait 2 weeks as apparently they are supposed to outline a strategy re: future of webos.
    panicking

hp didn't spend 1.2 billion to develop hardware. they spent it on software and IP.
    I Just returned my touchpad today because the lack of apps is really going to bother me.

It REALLY hurt. It was like giving up your kid. LOLS (I know a bit weird) but I grown to LOVE the touchpad and I was ****ED when I found out that HP would bit adue to webOS.

A operating system that had SO MUCH DAM PROMISE! UGH!!! HP and Palm messed it up and now I am left looking for another tablet.....

HP you have LOST my business and respect..Never gave the touchpad a dam chance..
    they didn't bid adue to webos.. they have bid adue to making hardware
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I share your frustration. After going through two iPads and being completely disappointed with something that felt like a toy, I had a device that finally felt like a business class tablet. Flash worked, the OS was elegant... it had all the potential to replace my laptop, and maybe even the desktop as well.

And now it's headed back to HP in the morning. What a complete bummer.

What needs to happen now if that HP should put the source code for WebOS out into the open source community. I live exclusively on Linux... imagine what future could await WebOS if they could get their hands on it!

RIP, WebOS. You were the best of the bunch. And I'm STILL keeping my Veer, cause I got it for a penny. At least I have that to make me smile every day... (sniff) ...
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    Yet.

Let's face it. No one is going to pick up webOS. It has just been a mess with Palm and HP. The traction was never there for the Veer, or the Palm, or the Touchpad.

I will pick one up IF the touchpad hits $200 which it will.
  13.    #54  
    Just because they don't want to make the hardware themselves doesn't mean webOS is done. If you've been with Palm for long... ups and downs is the curse to loving the stuff. I'm crossing my fingers (like others) for a company like Samsung to license webOS and kill it (in a good way) with incredible hardware. One can only hope at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Just because they don't want to make the hardware themselves doesn't mean webOS is done. If you've been with Palm for long... ups and downs is the curse to loving the stuff. I'm crossing my fingers (like others) for a company like Samsung to license webOS and kill it (in a good way) with incredible hardware. One can only hope at this point.
    I really want to believe but no one is going to pick up the webOS. It's done.
  15.    #56  
    We shall see... I don't hear the death knell yet.....
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    adieu
    http://www.gamesprays.com/files/reso...35_preview.png

Yes, we can only hope... but if HP wants to license it out, launching into an adage about how they didn't want to invest into producing webOS hardware may not have been the smartest thing.

Who knows. Maybe you're right. Maybe Samsung picks up webOS and will launch the Galaxy W as a direct competitor to the Motorola Nexus X.
    But in my mind, something like that would've been easier to imagine if HP hadn't essentially said that they don't have faith in webOS. Simply because that statement in and of itself (as opposed to HP believing it) drives down webOS' viability as a platform for OEMs.
    Last edited by GodShapedHole; 08/18/2011 at 07:53 PM.
    Mods, feel free to merge.. I've seen mentions of this but wanted to devote a thread to it.

I'm not a lawyer, and I don't play one on TV. It seems in the current fog that HP upper management may have planned for this eventuality for some time. In which case, HP was selling devices and a service they knew would be unsupported sometime soon.

Do we have any lawyers in the community? Is there standing? Or has HP covered their @sses effectively?

Usually the market response to a company that does ill by their customers is to simply stop buying their products. HP has taken care of this eventuality by stopping selling any products we could buy.

Once again, we're little people, devoted to the brand and stomped on in the interest of making the shareholders happy.
    I just returned my Touchpad today...

I got my touchpad YESTERDAY from HP's online store(I wanted it soo much I ordered Next Day Delivery)..was loving the multitasking and FINALLY having a touchpad of my own. I was really hoping we would end up seeing document editing and Netflix and I didn't care as long as it would come out. Unfortunately, my Touchpad had dead/stuck pixels that really became a nuisance...so I chatted with HP customer service and they said they would exchange it for me. Today however I woke up to see HP was giving up on making webOS hardware...and I decided to change my exchange to a return and get my credit back.

I LOVE WEBOS!!...but I cannot put such a premium on a device that has such an unstable future after what HP announced today...I will be back if HP does in fact license webOS or webOS is bought out by someone. I just need to see a future in webOS...
    We shall see... I don't hear the death knell yet.....
    Sorry but... well it has to be linked:

http://www.dreamstime.com/too-loud-thumb574879.jpg

-Suntan
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678 13 ... LastLast