Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 357
Like Tree82Likes
  1. #21  
    Woot.com Site Info
    186th most popular U.S. website

    Techcrunch.com Site Info
    99th most popular U.S. website

    Both are anything but obscure; they have HUGE followings.

    And for context:
    • Google #1
    • Facebook #2
    • CNN #16
    • Apple #26
    • Precentral #4,123
  2. #22  
    All i want is webOS to flourish and prosper,but i feel the only way they will over here is with all the looting going on,the last webOS ad over here was the creepy lady,not what i'd call an advertising blitz!

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Woot.com Site Info
    186th most popular U.S. website

    Techcrunch.com Site Info
    99th most popular U.S. website

    Both are anything but obscure; they have HUGE followings.

    And for context:
    Google #1
    Facebook #2
    CNN #16
    Apple #26
    Precentral #4,123
    Honest question...where did you find those statistics?
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    [url= Site Info[/url]
    186th most popular U.S. website

    [url= Site Info[/url]
    99th most popular U.S. website

    Both are anything but obscure; they have HUGE followings.

    And for context:
    Google #1
    Facebook #2
    CNN #16
    Apple #26
    Precentral #4,123
    That's cool - but I still never heard of it before the TechCrunch article. And I HAD heard of TechCrunch before. I definitely heard of Precentral before :P
    This may or may not be due to the fact that I'm not from the US and therefore couldn't use Woot anyway... but I see that a bunch of other people also never heard of them.
    It matters not.

    Anyway, the fact that the 186th most popular website in America was unable to sell more units at $400 (which isn't a deal but the standard price in the US now, right?) while Staples was selling the same product for $300 doesn't mean much. If anything, the fact that they were able to sell ANY is a great sign because it indicates that people who couldn't get a TouchPad at Staples, where it's sold out, went elsewhere to fill their demand instead of getting something else. So they got it at the well-known deals site Woot, believing they'd get it for cheaper than anywhere else, even if that was wrong.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Hmm doubt precentral fans had little to do with those reviews , we also won all the polls if I recall

    Odd
    Amazon.com: touchpad - Electronics Trade-In

    I hope he's wrong but can see his point. I think this version touchpad is nearing EOL already
    Yes, but we also are ranked 3 & 4 in Hot New Releases. I don't think that is based on how we rated it. It shows that it's best on best selling tablets on Amazon.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 sisters View Post
    Not very good reading,or figures The Lonesome Death Of WebOS | TechCrunch

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    It is a 'content free' article and isn't based on fact. Another web writer who should be ashamed.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    I disagree - this is fantastic reading and great news!

    They had to dig up an obscure site called "Woot" in order to find bad news about webOS because they couldn't find bad numbers at actually well-known stores like Amazon (#2 in Tablets, 4.5 star rating - best in Tablets) or Staples (seemingly all sold out everywhere in the US thanks to their discount).
    where do all you guys get your information from?
    lot of talk about beeing nr 1 at amazon here, the website shows sth else at 10 august 2011 : Amazon.com Bestsellers: The most popular items in Computer Tablets

    make sure you are not pursuading yourself
  8. redmist's Avatar
    Posts
    674 Posts
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by khe05 View Post
    where do all you guys get your information from?
    lot of talk about beeing nr 1 at amazon here, the website shows sth else at 10 august 2011 : Amazon.com Bestsellers: The most popular items in Computer Tablets

    make sure you are not pursuading yourself
    32gb touchpad selling better than 32gb iPad? 16gb touchpad sitting nicely between 16gb and 32g ipads?

    Far from terrible.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by khe05 View Post
    where do all you guys get your information from?
    lot of talk about beeing nr 1 at amazon here, the website shows sth else at 10 august 2011 : Amazon.com Bestsellers: The most popular items in Computer Tablets

    make sure you are not pursuading yourself
    We're getting it from the same site as you, just clicking on different tabs. Your clicking on Best sellers, my post had Hottest New Tablets, the other person's was on best rating.

    Our Tablet has only been out for 6 weeks. We wouldn't expect it to be Amazon's best selling, but we'd be okay with that. I simply looked to see what was the hottest new tablet after the other guy mentioned best rating.

    I was doing that to be fair, because the thread was talking about sales, but the ratings was based on user preference or rating after purchasing Tablet.

    Make sure you're noting what our posts say. We aren't persuading ourselves and we've given links to our information.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    I disagree - this is fantastic reading and great news!

    They had to dig up an obscure site called "Woot" in order to find bad news about webOS because they couldn't find bad numbers at actually well-known stores like Amazon (#2 in Tablets, 4.5 star rating - best in Tablets) or Staples (seemingly all sold out everywhere in the US thanks to their discount).

    The best thing is that they're writing that webOS is dying because that one solitary deals website hasn't sold that many TouchPads - while the so-called "deal" they had for the TouchPad was worse than the discount offered by Staples as I just found out.
    In other words, people would have been IDIOTS to buy from the "deal" website.

    So TechCrunch is trying to say "this platform is going to fail because this obscure deals website here isn't able to sell this product more expensively than competing stores, where the product is flying off the shelves and getting rave reviews".

    And it's even quite obvious that TechCrunch had to search, hard, for SOME place where the TouchPad didn't sell well.
    Quite telling that it's not an actual retailer but a "deals" site I never heard of in my life before today and had to google first.
    They couldn't point to, say, rank #72 in Tablets at Amazon with a 1.5 star rating, so they had to come up with SOMETHING. Which immediately begs the question WHY they wanted to come up with something so hard. But that's quite beside the point.

    Just a while ago, it was really easy to find actual statistics regarding how badly webOS was doing. But now, only a month after the TouchPad's launch, the haters have to go really deep and reach for obscure deal websites in order to find something negative.

    In half a year, TechCrunch is going to show proof that webOS usership is down because there are only so-and-so many "looking to buy" threads for the TouchPad on a craigslist alternative while there are many more people "looking to buy" an iPad.

    In a year, they may write that webOS is now officially dead because they have ABSOLUTELY NO MINDSHARE WHATSOEVER among the young and hip, as proven by the blogger asking his elderly grandmother if she knows what it is.

    The harder people are reaching to put down webOS, the better webOS is doing. The fact that they're already reaching so hard, only one month after the TouchPad's release, is fantastic for webOS
    webOS will not fail,
    is not doomed,
    shall prevail,
    is in it for the long haul,
    will not waver...nuff said.
    Go HP webOS!
  11. #31  
    amazon still has it at #4 in best selling tablets today, nice staying power, I predict a boost also from the upcoming linux convention where Bradley is speaking.
  12. #32  
    Man, I'm gonna go write a review on Amazon today lol.
  13. rkguy's Avatar
    Posts
    803 Posts
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    #33  
    If only we could rock a linux distro (gui) in one of the cards. wOOOOOOOT
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
  14. msechea's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    #34  
    A lot of people have been making these silly predictions about the end of something in two years. More power to them.

    I'm more concerned as a consumer about how I feel about my product that I purchased now. Is this worth the money I paid for it for the services and features I get? I still dont know. It's not even about the number of apps, but it seems for me its about the experience of it all. If HP is toting Flash as a replacement for a separate, touch-optimized app for many popular websites and companies, then it has to work as well if not better. Well, it doesn't. Yes, Flash works, okay? It does. But it's just not that great. To tell you honestly I don't want to use the Youtube site on a Touchpad instead of a fleshed out Youtube app. It doesnt work well, and people watch a ton of videos. I can go to the abc site but the advertisements and the amount of junk that I don't really need to see are slowing down the process. I am finding myself waiting a lot for things to happen. Apps serve the purpose of condensing everything you need on a mobile device and presenting it to you in a nice little package. The delivery of websites comes much quicker on a desktop or laptop, so you can afford all those extra things loading in. But on a tablet, it's a little bit slower, so the compromise is waiting...and waiting some more. Then you have to grapple with overcoming the less than perfect flash controls that weren't even meant to be touched by a finger. They were meant to be interacted with a mouse, with hover abilities.

    For me it's a matter of just waiting to see what happens. All the best.
    barkerja likes this.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by fred1955 View Post
    webOS will not fail,
    is not doomed,
    shall prevail,
    is in it for the long haul,
    will not waver...nuff said.
    Go HP webOS!
    Three lines into your post, I was actually thinking I was reading a poem
    fmarcanojr likes this.
  16. #36  
    I think the tech crunch article was off to base the article on sales at Woot. Many people that shop on woot also hang out on sites such as slickdeals and fatwallet so they would have known staples had a better deal.

    I think it depends on how much HP is willing to put into WebOS to compete with the other competitors such as Apple. If they are truly in it for the long haul I believe WebOS will be a strong contender and I think can survive in a 3 way market with Apple and Android.

    More apps will help as they come.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Honest question...where did you find those statistics?
    I'm guessing you didn't click the two links?
  18. #38  
    Anddddddddddddddddddddddd counter point! From ZDNET of all places?!?!

    webOS has enough gas left in the tank to catch the pack | ZDNet
    1 ghz Sprint Pre-
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    I disagree - this is fantastic reading and great news!

    They had to dig up an obscure site called "Woot" in order to find bad news about webOS because they couldn't find bad numbers at actually well-known stores like Amazon (#2 in Tablets, 4.5 star rating - best in Tablets) or Staples (seemingly all sold out everywhere in the US thanks to their discount).

    The best thing is that they're writing that webOS is dying because that one solitary deals website hasn't sold that many TouchPads - while the so-called "deal" they had for the TouchPad was worse than the discount offered by Staples as I just found out.
    In other words, people would have been IDIOTS to buy from the "deal" website.

    So TechCrunch is trying to say "this platform is going to fail because this obscure deals website here isn't able to sell this product more expensively than competing stores, where the product is flying off the shelves and getting rave reviews".

    And it's even quite obvious that TechCrunch had to search, hard, for SOME place where the TouchPad didn't sell well.
    Quite telling that it's not an actual retailer but a "deals" site I never heard of in my life before today and had to google first.
    They couldn't point to, say, rank #72 in Tablets at Amazon with a 1.5 star rating, so they had to come up with SOMETHING. Which immediately begs the question WHY they wanted to come up with something so hard. But that's quite beside the point.

    Just a while ago, it was really easy to find actual statistics regarding how badly webOS was doing. But now, only a month after the TouchPad's launch, the haters have to go really deep and reach for obscure deal websites in order to find something negative.

    In half a year, TechCrunch is going to show proof that webOS usership is down because there are only so-and-so many "looking to buy" threads for the TouchPad on a craigslist alternative while there are many more people "looking to buy" an iPad.

    In a year, they may write that webOS is now officially dead because they have ABSOLUTELY NO MINDSHARE WHATSOEVER among the young and hip, as proven by the blogger asking his elderly grandmother if she knows what it is.

    The harder people are reaching to put down webOS, the better webOS is doing. The fact that they're already reaching so hard, only one month after the TouchPad's release, is fantastic for webOS
    What is Techcrunch??
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    I'm guessing you didn't click the two links?
    I see now, interesting. I actually thought they were just the actual websites, misread the link. I just tried Googling some sort of webpage ranking and couldn't find anything. Cool.
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions