Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718 LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 357
Like Tree82Likes
  1. #321  
    ith the syupid keyboard. Icant string more than 5 word together without som kind o kiyake its really ptheyic ipad is not like this. Unless I use my gingers likeluttle hammers its crap. Dven then its syill ctp.

    ****ed off

    andnyes I've owned ghis for t least 6 months so I'm used to it. Useless for forums if you aks me
  2. #322  
    You should try turning on spell correction.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    sledge007 likes this.
  3. dgcorn's Avatar
    Posts
    156 Posts
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    #323  
    Quote Originally Posted by t-bag1 View Post
    ith the syupid keyboard. Icant string more than 5 word together without som kind o kiyake its really ptheyic ipad is not like this. Unless I use my gingers likeluttle hammers its crap. Dven then its syill ctp.

    ****ed off

    andnyes I've owned ghis for t least 6 months so I'm used to it. Useless for forums if you aks me
    Looks like you are getting better - both of the highlighted word strings are more than 5 words long. Maybe your fingers are too fat or they have a learning disability.
    old_geekster likes this.
  4. #324  
    Iknowe whaytyou meana. There used to be an app for that! It wasn't the fat finger patch, and I don't think it was remove ripple. I think it's "Increase touch sensitivity and smothness". It is frustrating with long text. I took a fat fingers reading course once, and it really helped a lot.
    You plug your phone in?
  5. #325  
    I think he may have been over-exaggerating a bit, but I don't have fat fingers and I have some problems, also. I simply plck my battles more carefully. My fingers make mistakes even on a wireless keyboard. ;-)
    **Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!**

    As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the Tochpad at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.
  6. AMR-1's Avatar
    Posts
    258 Posts
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    #326  
    Turning on the keyboard with arrow keys and being able to turn AutoCorrect on and off right from the keyboard got rid of my frustration with OSKs...

    now if we could make it so my shortcuts work in every field instead of just some of them....That would be great.
  7.    #327  
    <merged>
  8. #328  
    Why is there the ability to pinch and zoom an incoming email but not when replying or composing a new email?

    Talk about a head scratcher.
  9. #329  
    Quote Originally Posted by rnld View Post
    Why is there the ability to pinch and zoom an incoming email but not when replying or composing a new email?

    Talk about a head scratcher.
    I never noticed that.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

    Windows Central Senior Ambassador

    Mobile Nations Devotee
  10. #330  
    Quote Originally Posted by rnld View Post
    Why is there the ability to pinch and zoom an incoming email but not when replying or composing a new email?

    Talk about a head scratcher.
    Sounds like a good idea. You should go here https://www.pivotaltracker.com/projects/486337/stories & add it to the list.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    ShiftyAxel likes this.
  11. mdram's Avatar
    Posts
    218 Posts
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    #331  
    It might have something to do with the incoming email being in html format and your reply being in text until you send.
  12. #332  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdram View Post
    It might have something to do with the incoming email being in html format and your reply being in text until you send.
    That doesn't explain a new outgoing email.
  13. #333  
    I do believe it's because composing is done in a textfield, and reading is done through a HTML web view. HTML is easily zoomable, since it's being rendered by the browser engine, whereas a textfield is just a textfield with a set font size.
    But as sledge said...

    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Sounds like a good idea. You should go here https://www.pivotaltracker.com/projects/486337/stories & add it to the list.
    Thanks for spreading the word, sledge!
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
  14. #334  
    Another wonderful WebOS feature is "Sorry, too many cards" Please toss away any you're not using to make room for more.

    The problem is I have ZERO cards open.

    WebOS was so not ready for primetime.

    I bought a Pre when they first came out, deemed it too buggy for me, took it back and returned to my Treo 755P. About a year ago when the screen was failing I decide to give the Pixi a chance as an interim phone but I have found it to be pretty much an exercise in frustration.

    I know that many on the forum will disagree but WebOS 1.4 maybe one of the worst mobile OS to actually use as intended. Yeah, there are multiple apps, swipe to delete or close, buggy notifications, but that's like a car with a great paint job that rattles, leaks and overheats.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 07/06/2012 at 11:22 PM. Reason: removed the unnecessary comment towards mods
  15. #335  
    Email noticications. You have several email messages, you can swipe them away one by one or delete with a patch.

    But if you want to open one then all are gone from the notification area. I guess they saying once you go to the app you would have looked at all the incoming mail so no need to keep them in the notification area anymore
  16. #336  
    Quote Originally Posted by rnld View Post
    Another wonderful WebOS feature is "Sorry, too many cards" Please toss away any you're not using to make room for more.

    The problem is I have ZERO cards open.

    WebOS was so not ready for primetime.

    I bought a Pre when they first came out, deemed it too buggy for me, took it back and returned to my Treo 755P. About a year ago when the screen was failing I decide to give the Pixi a chance as an interim phone but I have found it to be pretty much an exercise in frustration.

    I know that many on the forum will disagree but WebOS 1.4 maybe one of the worst mobile OS to actually use as intended. Yeah, there are multiple apps, swipe to delete or close, buggy notifications, but that's like a car with a great paint job that rattles, leaks and overheats.

    There's my user review. I hope it's not deleted.
    You have a pre minus running at 600 MHZ that took 10 seconds to launch apps and too many card errors sometimes?

    I thought we are talking about current webos flaws
  17. #337  
    I have never had the need to zoom in mail compose view. So I would bet the Webos developers never thought of it. Sorta like landscape in my in a music player, I cant turn that off soon enough
  18. #338  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Email noticications. You have several email messages, you can swipe them away one by one or delete with a patch.

    But if you want to open one then all are gone from the notification area. I guess they saying once you go to the app you would have looked at all the incoming mail so no need to keep them in the notification area anymore
    I understand how notifications work.
  19. #339  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    You have a pre minus running at 600 MHZ that took 10 seconds to launch apps and too many card errors sometimes?

    I thought we are talking about current webos flaws
    Where did I say I had an issue waiting 10 seconds?

    I have had ZERO cards open every time I have had the too many cards error. The phone makes a sound like a text is coming in only to find no text, just a message that there are too many cards open.

    I'll tell you this - I could care less if I have a minus - it's the version Palm and HP by far sold the most. This is how most people think of WebOS. My wife has a 2007 1st generation iPod Touch that blows the doors off of the minus. I am not talking about wifi, etc, i am comparing the OS.

    The current version of WebOS that only runs on the Touchpad? Is that what you are talking about?
  20. #340  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    I have never had the need to zoom in mail compose view. So I would bet the Webos developers never thought of it. Sorta like landscape in my in a music player, I cant turn that off soon enough
    If they didn't think that a person that would have a need or desire to zoom an incoming email but not an outgoing email, they deserve to have been shut down - IMHO. That's sloppy and makes emailing on the go too much of a crapshoot to be useful.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions