Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ak1229 View Post
    Settle down guys. No need for rage here. Everyone has their opinions!

An un biased review of the Touchpad and Webos can be culminated with positives and negatives.

Positives:
    1. Elegant
    2. Easy to operate
    3. Beautiful
    4. Passionate homebrew community
    5. Price, especially for Firesale buyers

Negatives:
    1. Lack of apps and half baked work in progress apps. ( I can go on about this especially with some apps that I have tried to like but cant notice how unfinished they are )
    2. Effed up Hardware with cracked speakers, blown speakers and defected units
    3. Webos slows down. They are indefinite bugs that need to be addressed
    4. lack of any foresight by HP
    Exceuse me, but, Im not sure anyone needs to "settle down".. the posts above are polite and respectful, unless some have been removed that I havent read.

FWIW, I have bought 4 TP's and NONE of them have the speaker cracks, blown speakers, or defects, much less perfromance issues. Seriously.

As for the #of apps, well, there seems to be quite a few there.. always tons to look through, and many specifically for the TP - certainly not the variety or power of the iOS or Android app stores, but, still, lots of good stuff there.

The OP posted, people responded respectfully, and some even agreed, while others didnt have the same experience as he did... Im not sure that any of the responses are inappropriate or out of line...

Just my $0.02...
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    I love the touchpad and webOS but the software is just not polished enough for me. I am constantly making mistakes with the keyboard, web pages freeze some times loading because of the wifi issues. Even with the overclocking and preware tweaks, it can still be frustrating to uses. The swipe gestures I will dearly miss. I just wish it was as smooth as an ipad :-( btw I am not a mac person. Own a Windows Phone and a PC. So I may ebay it by tomorrow. :-(
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    I dunno, grass always seems greener on the other side I finally bit the bullet and installed cm7... I was not very impressed. Sure, it has tons more apps but the os itself does not seem as fluid or intuitive. I kept going back to webos for most of my needs. I've no experience with ipads, but maybe that os is nicer than cm7.
    Quote Originally Posted by snackerdoodle View Post
    You'll def get more on eBay for it.
    yes, but it's like rescuing a puppy from a shelter. If someone here buys it, it's gonna get a lotta love. Money doesn't have to always be a priority.
    You plug your phone in?
    GuyFromNam likes this.
    You'll def get more on eBay for it.
    You'll def get more developing for Android.
    For me, when it comes to selling electronics, I'm not selling something because I want to get less than I possibly can for it. The world just doesn't work like that, I'm 'fraid.

It's also just...I don't even have the words...to compare saving the life of a animal otherwise destined to death by euthanization to selling electronics for less than they're worth on the open market.

...really?
    Couldn't agree with you more.
    Quote Originally Posted by tboy2000 View Post
    I love the touchpad and webOS but the software is just not polished enough for me. I am constantly making mistakes with the keyboard, web pages freeze some times loading because of the wifi issues. Even with the overclocking and preware tweaks, it can still be frustrating to uses. The swipe gestures I will dearly miss. I just wish it was as smooth as an ipad :-( btw I am not a mac person. Own a Windows Phone and a PC. So I may ebay it by tomorrow. :-(
    I had a TP for about a month, sold it and got an ipad and have not looked back. I also installed preware and overclocked it but was never really satisfied with it. By the way the ipad with ios 5 has some swipe gestures such as using 5 fingers to get to the home page and 4 to switch between running apps, and speaking of apps there is just so many more out there. The only app better on the TP is the Facebook one.So if you can afford the extra money I would highly recommend the ipad, used TP's on amazon are selling pretty well. I sold mine for $240 within minutes of my listing (16 GB).
  8.    #309  
    <threads merged>
    I just sold mine. I liked it and really wanted it to work out for me but between the bugs, general issues with webos(lag,some sites not loading), lack of apps and updates to apps (Angry Birds Seasons/Rio), and already being a Mac/iPhone user it just made more sense to me to sell it and get an iPad 2 since I have zero interest in Android. Hopefully the new owner gets good use out of it. It's a good device that given the right support could have been a great one.

I sure will miss the card view though!
    even with the latest update, I have never used a web browser that stalls when loading websites. Probably 65% of the time, regardless of the wireless network I am connected to. This thing has really turned into a ereader and that's about it.

I would say $99 is about right for this thing. What a joke webOS has turned out to be.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Hey now, Worst Web Browser ever might be a little harsh. Have you seen how the internet runs on some of those $80 Walgreens tablets?
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    cool story bro
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    While I agree that there are better browsers out there, for $99 you can't beat it. Besides, some other $500 tablets (you know who I'm talking about), don't even run Flash.

There may be something wrong with your TP, for me webpages load well. 65% is a bit of a stretch, mine works 99% of the time and quite nicely.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    cool story bro
    thanks bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvanKr View Post
    While I agree that there are better browsers out there, for $99 you can't beat it. Besides, some other $500 tablets (you know who I'm talking about), don't even run Flash.

There may be something wrong with your TP, for me webpages load well. 65% is a bit of a stretch, mine works 99% of the time and quite nicely.
    agree - I'll take it for $99.

take this site - had to reload 3 times in last 5 min. <staff edit> ... If that's the case, my own fire sale may soon take place.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 01/14/2012 at 10:25 PM. Reason: language - last chance
    I can deal with the constant reloads (still annoying), but the slowness of the browser is what really irks me.
    I'm sure someone will take it off your hands for $99, then you can go buy android or iPad, and leave the rest of us to enjoy the products.
    Siobhán

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by caesarsz View Post
    I can deal with the constant reloads (still annoying), but the slowness of the browser is what really irks me.
    I haven't had to deal with any reloads. It sounds like a software problem to me. Also, I have found that he browser is more responsive in 3.0.5.
    **Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!**

• As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the Tochpad at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by siobhanellis View Post
    I'm sure someone will take it off your hands for $99, then you can go buy android or iPad, and leave the rest of us to enjoy the products.
    or I can post my comments out here and see if others experience it or have suggestions. Then again, I could just put my head in the sand like many out here and think all is perfect in the world of webOS and it's flawless.
    Last edited by Midway99; 01/15/2012 at 01:21 AM.