Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 357
Like Tree82Likes
  1. #201  
    Quote Originally Posted by opticalserenity View Post
    I laugh at people who say the iPhone and then the iPad weren't game changers...

    Have you guys looked at Android, WebOS, and all the tablets and phones out there!? Wait, for some reason, they don't look like the old Treos...
    Yeah, they look like the Palm TX - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    They were the first phone to use the look of a PDA. Good for Apple.
  2.    #202  
    <threads merged>
  3. #203  
    Wow this tread sound like something you get on macrumors or an android forum. Getting down to basics if you don't like something get rid of it. Yes the tp and webOS have shortcomings, so does the iPad and any android tablet (because there are hundreds of the damn things)
    The tp and webOS should have been better, a hell of a lot better, but working for HP I'm surprised it is as good as it is.*Yes it lacks word processing, and the fantastic ifart app (apple just loves to employ the best people) and a lot more, but what it does it does well, not forgetting that the iPad had hardly anything when it was release (and apple have a habit of telling you how fantastic a simple feature you had on a Nokia 5 years ago is so revolutionary on their device), and android was not much better. Yes we are X years down the line, and to compete HP should have made a better job, but they did not. That blame goes to the management, and the board who seem not to be able to organise a **** up in a brewery.
    But in the end if you don't like it just get rid of it, or wait for cm to finish their port.


    Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
  4. #204  
    Quote Originally Posted by opticalserenity View Post
    I've asked...multiple times, not to mention searched the heck out of the forums. The whole reason I believe I'm in this mess is because the darn thing was slow so I followed the advice here, installed Preware, Uberkernel, Govnah, and raised the speed. That and a hundred patches later, it was a bit better of a device. If I could have uninstalled Flash, we'd be doing even better. All that being said, a simple reset and now my touchscreen doesn't work. Unfortunately, no one here has any advice other than "rah rah I love WebOS it kicks the crap out of devices half a decade old."

    Honestly, I'd be very appreciative if someone here could help me with it. If someone wants to really buy it for $250 in it's current state, I'll throw in the HP Folio case and sell it to them

    Hence why I said it was a rant, in other words "don't take this too seriously, I'm just irritated...need help."
    So now you blame precentral for your faulty hardware, and then turn around demanding help?

    Yeah. Okay. I'll get right on that.
  5. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    #205  
    Why is a touchpad complaint thread hidden in this general forum????
    TPwebOS820 likes this.
  6. #206  
    I hate this TouchPad! I haven't used any other computers since I got it, it's heavily addictive, it lasts more than a day on a single charge even though I barely put it down, it just works and barring little bugs that I barely notice, there's nothing to distract me from enjoying it! Why would HP even make such a product? I'll sell it on ebay and buy a twice-as-expensive iPad that has ten different options for every app i'm happy with on the TouchPad, and it'll keep me from using any two or more of them at the same time!

    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Why is a touchpad complaint thread hidden in this general forum????
    It should be on the frontpage! Of CNN!
    Or on the frontispiece of the bible. More people need to know about the same few bugs blown out of proportion, regurgitated ad infinitum. Sometime's there's a split-second lag when opening the browser NEVER FORGET!
  7. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    #207  
    Are you ok? You seem a bit upset.
    sanjuro likes this.
  8. #208  
    I don't have mine yet, but from everything I've been reading on here, it's not just overclocking you need to look at. There are separate patches that need to be added. First and foremost, even on the latest version of the OS, HP deliberatly throttles the bandwidth, so you have to stop it from doing that. Second, you have to turn all logging down to minimal, it pretty much logs everything and where does it send those logs? Back to HP, taking up your bandwidth.

    Once you've fully maximized your touchpads performance (without pushing it past 1.5), you should have no problems, 1.3 megapixels should be more than enough for acceptable, non-choppy, video, even if your connection speed is only 256k up and 1.5mb down.
  9. #209  
    I've been waiting for a replacement for a while now (since 9/24). Corporate said last Thursday it was to ship that day. Today they said it should ship today but that they aren't certain and it may be even later as the account is being updated every couple of days with a later shipping date.

    The agent's excuse for the constant delays was, they are getting slammed with TouchPad repairs--short of staff, and delayed parts. The problems with delays, according to him, were supposed to be corrected last week however, it's clear they are still way behind.

    In other words, within three months many TouchPads have had to go back for repair. For those that think the cracks and other problems are a very minor things this shows that they clearly are not.

    A well built product should not have that many returns for repair within the first 90 days of its life regardless of the number that were sold. The TouchPad is clearly having a lot of returns for repair and replacement. Part of my suspicion as to why the TouchPad's fire sale price was so low--they knew how many hardware problems it had and didn't want to do a recall, figuring people would put up with the problems if it was cheap enough. . . and we clearly are putting up with it.

    The sad reality is, this was to be a $500+ device.

    New TouchPads
    I was also told that they have NOT had any new TouchPads in recently. The higher price was a glitch and there were no new TouchPads for sale. The "new batch" has not come in yet, according to this agent.

    Just the latest news for those thinking of getting their TouchPad fixed.
  10. #210  
    They laid off the hardware staff so hard to tell whether it is the number of repairs or lack of staff available or a combination of the two. My TouchPads are doing great and so are the ones bought by my friends.
    fxspec06 likes this.
  11. prim8's Avatar
    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    #211  
    Quote Originally Posted by Strodtbeck View Post
    I've been waiting for a replacement for a while now (since 9/24). Corporate said last Thursday it was to ship that day. Today they said it should ship today but that they aren't certain and it may be even later as the account is being updated every couple of days with a later shipping date.

    The agent's excuse for the constant delays was, they are getting slammed with TouchPad repairs--short of staff, and delayed parts. The problems with delays, according to him, were supposed to be corrected last week however, it's clear they are still way behind.

    In other words, within three months many TouchPads have had to go back for repair. For those that think the cracks and other problems are a very minor things this shows that they clearly are not.

    A well built product should not have that many returns for repair within the first 90 days of its life regardless of the number that were sold. The TouchPad is clearly having a lot of returns for repair and replacement. Part of my suspicion as to why the TouchPad's fire sale price was so low--they knew how many hardware problems it had and didn't want to do a recall, figuring people would put up with the problems if it was cheap enough. . . and we clearly are putting up with it.

    The sad reality is, this was to be a $500+ device.

    New TouchPads
    I was also told that they have NOT had any new TouchPads in recently. The higher price was a glitch and there were no new TouchPads for sale. The "new batch" has not come in yet, according to this agent.

    Just the latest news for those thinking of getting their TouchPad fixed.
    Just because they are backed up doesn't necessarily mean there are a lot of returns.
    They probably weren't staffed accordingly for selling a million units at once or whatever it was.
    For all we know they had the staffing and parts in the beginning but since they weren't selling they cut back on their staffing and didn't order as many replacement parts.
    Now that the item is discontinued it's unlikely they will be adding any more staff and there is a delay in getting the parts.
  12. #212  
    Quote Originally Posted by Strodtbeck View Post
    New TouchPads
    I was also told that they have NOT had any new TouchPads in recently. The higher price was a glitch and there were no new TouchPads for sale. The "new batch" has not come in yet, according to this agent.

    Just the latest news for those thinking of getting their TouchPad fixed.
    A few things to clarify

    1. HP does not stock NEW devices for repaired units. If a device is sent in for repair you will receive one of two things.
    a. your own device back repaired
    b. a factory conditioned unit.

    We have had new units for sale and have pushed those through their channels, however the repair facility is not one of those channels that receives new units.

    We are currently working through all repair orders as quickly as we can and are addressing each issue that comes up. Hopefully your device ships today from the repair facility and this becomes a non issue for you.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    fwinst, bevcraw and fxspec06 like this.
  13. #213  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    They laid off the hardware staff so hard to tell whether it is the number of repairs or lack of staff available or a combination of the two. My TouchPads are doing great and so are the ones bought by my friends.
    That has nothing to do with the repair facility.
  14. #214  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    A few things to clarify

    1. HP does not stock NEW devices for repaired units. If a device is sent in for repair you will receive one of two things.
    a. your own device back repaired
    b. a factory conditioned unit.

    We have had new units for sale and have pushed those through their channels, however the repair facility is not one of those channels that receives new units.

    We are currently working through all repair orders as quickly as we can and are addressing each issue that comes up. Hopefully your device ships today from the repair facility and this becomes a non issue for you.
    Just stating what I was told.

    So, are you saying that HP did in fact sell new TouchPad's recently through their web site? Or only sent them through channels?
  15. #215  
    Quote Originally Posted by Strodtbeck View Post
    Just stating what I was told.

    So, are you saying that HP did in fact sell new TouchPad's recently through their web site? Or only sent them through channels?
    Look on the front page of P|C they were selling them through HP at $250.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  16. #216  
    I figured this would be the case recently. Its one of the reasons why I have decided to hold of on sending my TP in for repair as it has a crack between the top left speaker and screen something that is driving me bonkers atm. However I'd rather have the use of my TP instead of going without it for weeks months on end. Also I suspect that chances that the repair will develop the same crack or worse are very high since its not likely HP was able to figure out whats causing it or bothered to fix the issue yet.
  17. #217  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Look on the front page of P|C they were selling them through HP at $250.
    Was anyone actually able to purchase? Or was it, as the agent stated, a technical glitch and non were actually sold?
  18. #218  
    Quote Originally Posted by Strodtbeck View Post
    Was anyone actually able to purchase? Or was it, as the agent stated, a technical glitch and non were actually sold?
    I thought I saw on twitter that some folks were able to order, but that could have been incorrect.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  19. z06mike's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,790 Global Posts
    #219  
    I sent mine in on 9/12 and barely received my device back yesterday!! The only reason I did was because I was so fed up and called and chatted like 100 times! I was ****ED so they "EXPEDITED" my order after it had been there for 3 weeks.

    HP customer service is ****!!

    I agree, I cannot believe this was a $500 device. What a joke!
  20. #220  
    Mine cracked, they sent me a replacement which oddly enough works great. I have no WiFi problems with it, no cracks and the browser's cache is working properly. My brother's TouchPad is also cracked. I cannot believe this thing was $500.
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions