1.    #1  
    Hi,

I have a Treo 270 for about 5 months now and I notice the battery duration is getting shorter during my daily use. Has anyone experienced this? This is very annoying as my Treo is still considered pretty new.

Does anyone know any third party battery supplier that can install a higher capacity battery in this?

Thanks.

Best regards
    Originally posted by ericchow
    Hi,

I have a Treo 270 for about 5 months now and I notice the battery duration is getting shorter during my daily use.
    I also noticed it.
    I thought it was me... I wonder if it related to the always-on GPRS.
    I think that there is also a bug that if there is an SMS in the pending tray the 270 will keep switching itself on for a couple of seconds every 10 mins or so.

That would surely eat power
    Originally posted by Raphael
    I think that there is also a bug that if there is an SMS in the pending tray the 270 will keep switching itself on for a couple of seconds every 10 mins or so.
    My Treo doesn't do that!
    I know of an App that does it...

But I don't have the feeling that it is what eats the batteries.
    I noticed that since I installed GPRS 1.1 (not in the very first days after the install though) the battery life is shorter.

Even without browsing the Web or playing games.
    But for the same amount of talk-time, I noticed a shorter battery life.
  5.    #5  
    Hi. Thanks for the reply.

Actually I felt the same way. After installing the GPRS update 1.1, the battery life does get shorter and it is no good.

I also noticed that keeping GPRS always on does consume more battery power. Just do the trick. Go to the main application screen in "All" category. touch the upper middle screen while holding down the "UP" button. It will tell you the battery information.

Battery Load
    Without GPRS on: 215mw
    With GPRS on: 1175mW

It clearly tells that keep GPRS always on does consume more. However, I usually just disconnect it. But the talk time does get shorter nowadays.

Heard about the add on battery module. Is it true?

Thanks.
    I've also noted that my battery life was getting shorter. In fact it got so bad that my Treo would only stay on for about 5 minutes or so.

To fix it, I did a cold reset. That really seems to have fixed the charging problem.

BTW, I have not done the GPRS upgrade and have had my Treo for about 5 months.
    -Brett
  7.    #7  
    Do you think a hard reset will solve some problems?

Anyone who has not upgraded to GPRS version 1.1? Can you confirm what is the normal battery load on your Treo?

And BTW, leaving the wire mode ON during charging will definitely give you a longer duration of battery. I can confirm that myself.

Thanks.

RGDS
    I have not done the GPRS upgrade and havee 215mw with the phone turned on and 125mw with the phone turned off. If the phone is on a data call (networking connected); the consumption is 1115 mw (1.115 Watts). Seems about the same as GPRS except I'm not always connected. I am surprised that the radio doesn't go into a standby mode that would consume less power when inactive (like a cell phone).
    Bob