Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Lol is there a recording of this any where on the web by chance? Id love to hear this interview!
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
    Mordbane, what TWiT podcast have you been listening to? He completely ignores webOS. When someone else brings it up, it sounds as if even the shortest comment he can manage, is painful for him. All those Twits are biased towards Android and Apple. Paul Thurrott gets ****ed at him all the time during the Windows Weekly podcast. I barely listen anymore either because I constantly want to choke the living *self edit* out of the entire crew (excluding Amber MacArthur of course).
    Last edited by Meltedwire; 08/05/2011 at 02:55 PM.
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Incorrect. 1.4.5 was more than a year after launch... and then there was that recent tiny 1.4.5.1 on VZW. Then there was also O2 Germany that actually approved the 2.x Dr for their Plus devices. HP didn't stop supporting all devices 6 months after launch, thanks for playing though.

webOS updates, a look back | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net

Please can we kill a lil of the massive amount on factless rhetoric around here. There is a large faction of users on this site that are fine with pulling things from their (well you know where) and posting it as truth/fact.
    1.4.5 did not come a year after launch and that recent update did nothing to write home about. The phone launched in June 2009 and the update came January or February of 2010 then that was it. I wouldn't even call 1.4.5.1 an update and i am referring to the sprint pre that never got those bugs fixed.
    How is June 30th 2010 not a year after June 6 2009? Do we have to be anal and say 1 year, 24 days?
    - Jeff
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Meltedwire View Post
    How is June 30th 2010 not a year after June 6 2009? Do we have to be anal and say 1 year, 24 days?
    1.4.5 came to sprint January 2010 and that was the last update. The phone launched June 2009.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamex View Post
    1.4.5 did not come a year after launch and that recent update did nothing to write home about. The phone launched in June 2009 and the update came January or February of 2010 then that was it. I wouldn't even call 1.4.5.1 an update and i am referring to the sprint pre that never got those bugs fixed.
    Did you read the link I posted???

The update you are thinking of is NOT 1.4.5. But you are probably right, P|C is wrong, and there weren't multiple updates after January 2010, even though PDK gaming didn't come until February of 2010. O2 didn't release a 2.x doctor. You are the all knowing jebus of webOS updates and I made up all this real life information and website and release schedules.... just so I could have this waste of time discussion because people like you keep pushing BS "information" and the facts get burried...

I see your join date is Jun 2010, are you sure you aren't mixing up your purchase date or join date with what the rest of us know to be reality???

More facts, but we don't want those now do we? The link below, a June 2010 article about 1.4.5 COMING

http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/6...e-approaching/
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I listen to his weekend show sometimes and yeah, he's really into Android and iOS, and that's about it. I rarely hear him mention webOS or WP7 or anything else, much less in a favorable light.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Sprint Pre 1.4.5 came in Augest 2010: Sprint webOS 1.4.5 Official Change Log, 1.4.5 save bug confirmed | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net

Verizon & AT&T Pre+ 1.4.5 came in September 2010: webOS 1.4.5 available for Verizon Pre Plus, AT&T Pre Plus | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net

[edit] I honestly can't stand listening to a Leo L interview. The guy interrupts the person he's interviewing more than I can stand. It's the same reason I can't watch most Jay Leno interviews. They ask questions, but want people to pay attention to them instead of the guy answering the question.
    Last edited by Honis; 08/05/2011 at 03:22 PM.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cgardner View Post
    Lol is there a recording of this any where on the web by chance? Id love to hear this interview!
    He does a 5-10 minute segment every Friday on KFI AM 640. (The Bill Handel Show)

It was in this morning's 7am hour

KFI AM 640 Podcasts - KFI AM 640 More Stimulating Talk Radio

Probably at the tail end of the 7am segment "Fullerton Update"
    wait I missed something earlier... people are still listening to terrestrial radio???
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    OldSkool, I was so thinking that about him confusing the join date. I just hope he doesn't write textbooks, which schools are actually purchasing! And @jamex I recall when the phone launched, I was first in line at my Sprint store on 6/6/2009...
    - Jeff
    wait I missed something earlier... people are still listening to terrestrial radio???
    LOL, that is too funny. I don't even own a vehicle with a terrestrial antenna. Sirius all the way!
    - Jeff
    Sure! That's all I listen to...or listen to a stream of it through TuneIn.
    Rob if you enjoy it, don't ever try Sirius/XM, it is really hard to go back!
    - Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by Meltedwire View Post
    Rob if you enjoy it, don't ever try Sirius/XM, it is really hard to go back!
    Heh, why do you think I have *never* tried satellite radio? I know I'll be hooked! Then I'll have to pay another monthly fee for something...whew.
    MeltedwireAC likes this.
    Guys...please stay on topic Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Guys...please stay on topic Thanks
    AWWWWW
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    What is important at this point for HP, IMHO, is to get webOS in the hands of as many people as possible. We know/are pretty sure they are getting ready for a 7" tablet release, a "4G" tablet release, at least 1 phone release.

The more people that know webOS (let's face it the base is/was small), that want webOS, that like HP, the better for HP, webOS & the devices long term. AND that, IMO, is what is important.
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Whole House Sonos System.. thank you

I think its interesting to note that Leo is more of an Android fan than iOS, but he will give the iPad plenty of props.

I need to find the episode, but he discussed the TP in one of his TwIT broadcasts.
    Leo's just a big apple fan boy
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast