Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
Like Tree123Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Didn't read the whole thread so don't know if it's been mentioned yet...

But the word is "gypped" not "jipt" and refers to being conned or ripped off by a gypsy, and is therefore derogatory of gypsies.

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    funny. Read post 120
    Or even #81.
    Syndil likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    guessing you mean free from dad when he's done? =D

BTW anyone complaining about the ability of webOS to copy/paste/etc I chopped that quote down using select all and the sliders. No physical KB. Sorry to go OT but I have seen some complaints about these abilities and I am now certain it is user error. Those comfortable with webOS and normal doc editing shouldn't be having a problem with the selection of text on the TP.
    You must have kids
    I won a TouchPad at the webOS Meetup in Dallas, and it now belongs to my wife (of course, you knew that, didn't you ). She's waiting for a good MS Office compatible document editor, and then retiring her laptop. Our youngest visits a couple times a week asking about it (OK, she talks to us as well). Being fair to her, she's gone back to college to get a degree and needs one for school (she's 25 with two kids), so I don't mind passing it on to her.
    Quote Originally Posted by starwarsyoda View Post
    As i'm sure all people here probably know, we all got burned by HP/Palm on multiple occasions. Whether it was Flash or webos2.0 we bit the bullet several times. A lot of people left the community of February 9th. They wont ever come back. I personally stayed and many did as well. Then When the Touchpad was going to be released HP announced its grand thank you to its loyal fan base would be a $50 mail in rebate. Not really spectacular... and I think that was an insulting gesture to many. That that was all we were worth to them. But water under the bridge.

And now it is August and the touchpad is marked down everywhere $100. Double what we as loyal fans were given.. and hell you can walk into a staples and get the same model for $200 off!!!! That should have been our make it right. 33% off. Now its just going to everyone BUT the people who trust and love the platform. I am just feeling, <<mod deleted>> and in the worst way. Is anyone else feeling like HP took advantage of us and got our "fan boy tax" and now are rubbing it in our face?

I talked with HP last nite and they said that they are planning on giving us 50$ of app store credit to compensate. Well that does make it even with the price drop but now it is no difference to the regular price. We didnt get a sacrifice from HP or thanking us or anything. This is what we get for having our products broken and years behind, some would say foolishly sticking to a failing platform, and then basically told that we arent worth anything to them. I cant think of any way HP could <<mod delete>> our community more.. we fight for them and they make us look worse then those iSheep...

Thats my rant and i want to hear the rest of the community's opinion. Thanks.
    They gave you $50 originally (and no, it was not a "make it right" offer, and was never presented by HP as such), and now they're giving you another $50, and you're complaining that current buyers are getting $100? Really?

Personally, I'm thrilled.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    You must have kids
    I won a TouchPad at the webOS Meetup in Dallas, and it now belongs to my wife (of course, you knew that, didn't you ). She's waiting for a good MS Office compatible document editor, and then retiring her laptop. Our youngest visits a couple times a week asking about it (OK, she talks to us as well). Being fair to her, she's gone back to college to get a degree and needs one for school (she's 25 with two kids), so I don't mind passing it on to her.
    No kids for us (other than the 4 legged variety).... I do have a younger sibling by 8 years and my wife has 5 younger siblings of various ages.

Funny thing is, being the tech person in the family, I get computers when my mom/dad/younger brother "break" them. Or they want to upgrade, that's how I got a couple year old netbook and my wife got the original Nook. I also got an iPod shuffle from my mother-in-law when my wife's younger sister got an iPhone and her mom got the iPod touch.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    They gave you $50 originally (and no, it was not a "make it right" offer, and was never presented by HP as such), and now they're giving you another $50, and you're complaining that current buyers are getting $100? Really?

Personally, I'm thrilled.
    x2, 3 weeks of ownership and I keep getting free stuff, count me in.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678