Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree123Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by firebymike1111 View Post
    I pre-ordered and did the nice thing and got it on launch day. I was even really excited because you gave e a credit for being an early webos adopter with my phone but now you knock 100 off the phone anyway leaving me hanging with paid even more than the best deals now and I can't even return for a price adjust because I already sent in my rebate

I can never win...
    First of all, you realize that "jipt" (sic) is a prejudicial slur, right? The actual word is "gypped", and "gyp" meaning to swindle or cheat is a shortening of "gypsy".

That said, you got what you were promised. So now you feel cheated because someone else got what they were promised?

Finally, they didn't know $100 off the phone, they knocked it off the TouchPad.
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    This device is perfect for what i need it to do. WebOS rocks for me but to each their own. If you're not happy with it, find something that works for you. As far as it being abandoned, I don't see that at all. Just sayin.... :-)
    Bingo... I bought the TPad because I wanted a webOS tablet. Am I a bit disappointed I paid a tad more than I could have by waiting? Sure, but I knew that was a risk and I really didn't pay that much more because of the deal I got. I made a decision and I'm the only one to blame if I feel I paid too much. There were reviews and opinions posted around where people felt the pricing should have been less. I saw all that and I made an informed decision.

What we don't know is whether these recent price changes are temporary sales to get attention and get a sales bump, or if it is a long-term change. Too much has happened in the past couple days to really know for certain.

I'm not going to get too excited about it but will encourage friends interested in the TPad to think about it so they can take advantage of the sale price.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagz50 View Post
    Take it from someone who's worked in marketing for almost 20 years, if HP wants to compete with a complete eco-system, they need to understand the power of their user community. And this latest price drop, in concert with the botched 'making things right' rebate shows they just don't get it...
    Sorry man, I'll stack their 76 years in the business against your "almost 20", add in their $126 billion in revenue last year alone, and say that your assertion about "not getting it" is probably a bit off.

Just sayin'
    Quote Originally Posted by observator View Post
    I was slightly annoyed about it but after reading these comments I'm even more annoyed now. Then again, this type of crap happens on other forums as well. People ****ing thinkjust because it happens all the time that it's acceptable. It's NOT acceptable.

Paying what I did, I even feel a little burned about the purchase even though I was pleased with the price I paid.
    It is acceptable. You didn't get "jipt", you're upset because someone else got a better deal than you. Too bad.

Besides, they have not lowered the price. They offered a 3 day sale. The people that have to pay $100 more on the 4th day aren't begin cheated either.
    Right, the same sale that is on amazon, newegg, etc. As far as I'm concerned, the TP is not worth the MSRP and the current prices are as they "should" be. The device, for what it is, is now more competitive, at least in price if not in function, for the moment.
    And there's nothing wrong with you believeing it wasn't worth it.

Those that felt it was worth the $600 on opening day, got what they paid for.

Those that wanted it for less now can get what they want.

It's a wonderful world.
    I'm seldom an early adopter, for this exact reason. I was early adaptor for two devices in my life:
    - Palm Pre
    - AMD HD 5850
    I was especially lucky with the HD 5850 I actually preordered it and after I got it people noticed how good it was and the price skyrocketed
    Right, and I chose "don't pay it" and I'm still left feeling bit burned at the $440 I paid. Mainly because of hindsight; the device isn't worth more than current prices to me. As I said, chronology is important here; it's only 1 month after release.
    And why do you feel burned. My wife got one for free, that doesn't diminish mine at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by firebymike1111 View Post
    I pre-ordered and did the nice thing and got it on launch day. I was even really excited because you gave e a credit for being an early webos adopter with my phone but now you knock 100 off the phone anyway leaving me hanging with paid even more than the best deals now and I can't even return for a price adjust because I already sent in my rebate

I can never win...
    It's the way of the world. Companies don't care about current customers, only the customers they are trying to get. I've been trying to break myself off this die-hard loyalty to WebOS that I've built up for that very reason (and all brand loyalties for that matter). There is absolutely zero loyalty from the company to the customer, so there shouldn't be any from the customer to the company.
    I am typically not an early adopter, but I was this time. Guess what: I will never be an early adopter again. Hey early adopter, thanks for letting us burn you, just 30 days ago. Now, I have some beautiful beach front property in AZ I can sell you. - today only.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagz50 View Post
    Any of you on Google+?

Google is doing something brilliant there. They employ people as "Community Managers" same as Apple with their Worldwide User Group. It's necessary to have customer-facing folk who engage the fervently loyal, early adopter community.

What do we have from HP? We have some folks who talk to developers, and we get the occassional tweet from an HP Exec but how is HP actively engaging us to cultivate some good vibes with the group that Godin would call 'Sneezers' or Gladwell would call 'Mavens'?

*crickets chirping*
    Actually, I think you are incorrect. HP has engaged a firm, MarketSource, to do what it sounds like you're describing. MarketSource is hiring (and I happen to know they've already hired several).

Wanna get paid to tell the world how awesome webOS is? | News |webOSroundup

My understanding is these are 6 month renewable contracts.
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Sorry man, I'll stack their 76 years in the business against your "almost 20", add in their $126 billion in revenue last year alone, and say that your assertion about "not getting it" is probably a bit off.

Just sayin'
    Keep in mind that just because a company has been around for 76 years doesn't mean the people making these decisions are as experienced and knowledgeable as we think. So Wagz's 20 years is nothing to sneeze at. The corporate bureaucratic mentality at some large companies continues to amaze me at times. I could tell lots of stories. heh

I tend to agree they got something wrong with the initial pricing. It's going to be interesting to watch how things unfold the next couple weeks.
    I just don't understand anymore... No one forced any of us to be early adopters! If within 30 days you didn't feel like the device was worth what you paid, you should have taken it back. Period.
    Your analogy is ridiculous.
    no, it's right on the money (no pun intended).
    Whatever, I learned. I'm not gonna pay to be a beta tester any more.
    you weren't the beta tester this time
    Webos 3, for what I need, is not ready. If someone else shares my feeling and feels they paid too much, fine. If they can accept paying full MSRP for a product line that isn't quite ready to compete, fine. I don't like it, I'm gonna ditch my TP and really wait for it to be what it needs to be, for me (more productive, not an entertainment toy).
    Great plan!
    I'm done with this thread.
    and the icing on the cake!!
    rstark, kjb86 and Trekker like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbz View Post
    Keep in mind that just because a company has been around for 76 years doesn't mean the people making these decisions are as experienced and knowledgeable as we think. So Wagz's 20 years is nothing to sneeze at. The corporate bureaucratic mentality at some large companies continues to amaze me at times. I could tell lots of stories. heh

I tend to agree they got something wrong with the initial pricing. It's going to be interesting to watch how things unfold the next couple weeks.
    Well you can agree to be wrong if you want. But as has been said many times and especially when the prices were first announced, all the people here who are previous HP customers know how HP markets their products and how they rotate their sales and promos. Those of us that were patient simply waited for a little later so we could benefit from those promos, instead of running out on launch day or pre-ordering.
    Quote Originally Posted by khe05 View Post
    ...the price drop is there because they have pushed out a very poor beta version of the tablet and now donīt have any sales at all. actually i wouldnīt be wondering if in about a year from now the whole webos thng is dead...
    Can you give us a rough idea of their sales numbers, and your source (even if your source is just your own estimation)?

It would be nice to have some sort of reference for your claims, before we write it off as a combination of hot air and smoke
    Quote Originally Posted by khe05 View Post
    Anyway,

how comes that none of all of you guys here is having any problem with malfunctioning of the piece?
    I mean all of you paid the price of an ipad and none of you got something working even half as reliable.
    are all of you paid by hp?
    Not paid by HP, just have a basic understanding of how to use what we pay for.
    kjb86 likes this.
    I feel jipped because HP gave us the impression that they were "making it right" by offering $50 off for legacy phone users. But as soon as these loyal customers bought the touchpad they reduced the price to the point where it is even lower than it was when purchased with the rebate. Its understandable that prices go down, but not to this drastic degree, and not this quickly.
    firebymike1111 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    I'm a 7th day buyer but I knew how HP does their marketing and promos and watched closely. My total price paid outright for my 32GB model is $458 after receiving price match credits.
    Bought mine the first day, and paid $489 for it. These things are doable, but one has to actually put some effort into it. I suspect that if those whining the loudest put half as much effort into buying as they did complaining, they'd have less to complain about.
    I feel gypped because I paid $350 for a 17" Samsung flat panel in 2004. Now I can pick up a similar sized monitor for about $100.

Screw you Samsung!!!!!
    MobileBill23 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post
    I am typically not an early adopter, but I was this time. Guess what: I will never be an early adopter again. Hey early adopter, thanks for letting us burn you, just 30 days ago. Now, I have some beautiful beach front property in AZ I can sell you. - today only.
    Exactly how did they burn you? Did that grab the product back after you paid for it? Did they go back and charge you more than you agreed to pay? Did they make a promise that no one would ever get it cheaper?

Here's the real kicker for you, if they announced that the price was going up, would you be insisting that they take the extra money you didn't pay them?

Seriously, folks, get over it.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast