1.    #1  
    Just saw this bulletin on Handspring's site:

http://www.visor.com/company/PR_Deta...cho_110502.xml

Anyone use this app? Interesting that Handspring feels the need to bundle it--assume that it is the final nail in any Graffitti Treo.
    I bought it a while back. Very good, but it's either on or off, which means that when it's on, every program UI can be written on with Graffiti. And there are optional modes of entering text: "Show Ink" that lets you see what you're writing and "No Ink." Very nice to see your Graffiti strokes as you write.

Text selection is altered when enabled:

Selecting text

With RecoEcho Plus enabled,

A single tap on the screen places the cursor at the location of the tap.
    A stroke begins writing of a character.
    A tap and hold selects an item.
    A tap, hold and drag selects text.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the info--too bad you can't pick the apps where it is active. Also too bad that it changes the usual actions of taps. I guess I'll give it a try (for free) but I have made the switch from graffitti to the Treo and am fine with the keypad.
    Originally posted by jposin
    Thanks for the info--too bad you can't pick the apps where it is active. Also too bad that it changes the usual actions of taps. I guess I'll give it a try (for free) but I have made the switch from graffitti to the Treo and am fine with the keypad.
    Hmm... I've tried Jot, RecoEcho (a limited version os Jot) and NewPen (a freeware app), and found NP to be the simpler to use.
    You can:
    - enable/disable it at any time by pressing the Option button 3 times.
    - Left screen size for letters, right size for digits, like regular graffiti
    - dot-characters are also the same (.O for "@", etc)
    - The only difference is that you must tap and hold for 2 seconds (time is configurable) to move the cursor, or "tap, hold for 2 secs, and drag" to select text.

It takes a couple of days to get used to the "hold" thing, but it ends up working very nicely.
    Originally posted by jposin
    ... I guess I'll give it a try (for free) ...
    If you ever decide to delete RecoEcho from your Treo, be sure to disable (i.e. uncheck the box for "enable RecoEcho" in RecoEcho) before you delete the application itself.

Otherwise you get an error and you have to reset.

I learned this the hard way.
    I found RechoEcho+ to be the best Graffitti solution for the Treo. NewPen wasn't very stable for me and crashed in some applications.

RechoEcho+ worked consistently. The only thing you need to get used to is to start any dragging action that is not meant to be a graffitti strock with a small delay after you tap the screen. A small price in my book for having graffitti at your finger tips when you need it.

I am very used to the keyboard and love it, but graffitti is sometimes just the right thing to use. It's great to have both options available all the time!