Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree20Likes
    ...and now I see the thread tagged as [rumor] which isn't even accurate, IMO. The HP emplyee didn't start the rumor, the OP did...

The only relevant quote from the OP, is

He said that "even he" didn't know when the Pre 3 would be released and that HP employees have been told it is still "TBA".
    Can't the topic simply be changed to "Random HP employee says Pre 3 release TBA".
    IGNTNUNLMTD likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtfolden View Post
    *The outraged masses light their torches and storm Palm/HP...
    wow... Next time I watch Young Frankenstein I'll have to look for some of our members in the mob scene!
    not even an actual hp employee. These random 'rumor' threads are just amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by jtfolden View Post
    ...and now I see the thread tagged as [rumor] which isn't even accurate, IMO. The HP emplyee didn't start the rumor, the OP did...

The only relevant quote from the OP, is

Can't the topic simply be changed to "Random HP employee says Pre 3 release TBA".
    Global Posts
    480 Global Posts
    I'm willing to wait until May 2nd, but the day after, I'm on to something else !
  5.    #25  
    I have to say I feel a bit miffed that this thread has now been "buried" by the mods in the obscure "HP and Palm general discussion" category specifically because it seems they perceive a statement by an HP employee about the Pre 3 "not being ready for release yet" as too negative for the main Pre 3 postings.
    Several posters have claimed this is simply a "random rumour" but if in fact the only things allowed to be posted in this forum were free of any rumour, then this forum would solely consist of HP's official press releases!
    I suspect this forum would then rapidly lose it's members and no-one would bother to read it.
    Let me say on record I was simply in good faith trying to accurately pass on information I was given first hand by an HP employee whom far from seeming to "know Jack", seemed to know quite a lot about the progress of both the TouchPad and the Pre 3 through the various stages of development to final release.
    Could it be that the mods of pre|central.net have failed to embrace the spirit of the First Amendment of the US constitution?
    Last edited by PreGP; 08/01/2011 at 10:16 AM.
    Andyf likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGP View Post
    I have to say I feel a bit miffed that this thread has now been "buried" by the mods in the obscure "HP and Palm general discussion" category specifically because it seems they perceive a statement by an HP employee about the Pre 3 "not being ready for release yet" as too negative for the main Pre 3 postings.
    It's not negative, it's just EMPTY. It reported absolutely nothing new, the employee didn't know anything and said so... It doesn't carry any greater weight than all the postings of people talking to Sprint tech support about updates "coming soon now"...

Several posters have claimed this is simply a "random rumour" but if in fact
    It's not even on the level of a rumor, honestly. People who know nothing and then go on to make general guesses really don't fall under the category of rumor...

Could it be that the mods of pre|central.net have failed to embrace the spirit of the First Amendment of the US constitution?
    ...that doesn't apply to privately owned message boards.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12