Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41
Like Tree14Likes
  1. #21  
    I think the OP must be confused. HP wants to get the bugs out and optimize ENYO before releasing the Pre 3. This would be consistent with what Jon said. From everything I've read/heard, webOS 3 doesn't support a dedicated gesture area, so it won't run on any, currently announced handset.
    You're wrong.

    Also, don't count as absolute truth what a executive says. They've ben told from someone who has been told about the topic, and in case they had all the info, they can't/should tell it.
    Newness Developments apps:

  2. #22  
    I would bet against the OP and try to get huge odds... Cuz he will be paying out soon, when the Pre3 arrives with 2.x



    he is confusion Enyo apps with webOS 3.x
    Matt McNulty told on twitter that Pre3 comes with (at least?) one Enyo app: Phone. Maybe they've decided to fo further with it, and that could explain pretty well a delay.

    (I'm not saying this is a fact or I have any info related to the topic, *just speculating)
    Newness Developments apps:

  3. ijip's Avatar
    Posts
    885 Posts
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    #23  
    I think its the enyo framework for pre not working yet. But it would be nice if tablets and phones would become parity.
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
  4. #24  
    This sounds plausible to me.

    1). TheAngelOfElysium recently found a smartphone virtual keyboard in the emulator.http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...ml#post3045828

    2). ENYO is just a javascript framework. It runs in browser on a PC, so i'd bet it's childs play to make it run on a Pre3. Kinda surprised it hasn't been done it yet.

    3). They've spent an age re-writing the built in apps to run on ENYO, it would make sense for them to make at least some of them so they scale to run on a phone. Matt McNulty's first demo was of the email app automatically scaling down to the phone screensize.

    Calling it webOS3.0 or 2.x is just semantics really. The important thing is developers being able to create apps using on framework for both phones and tablets. That's the thing i'm waiting for.
    nyquistjack likes this.
  5. #25  
    OP, sorry if I'm unbeliever, but I listen many "maybe", "I think", etc...

    Please, don't think bad about me. You are not the first without something concrete that came here.

    Now, only facts can buy me...


    Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  6.    #26  
    I will try to reach my relative for confirmation.

    I am afraid to do so though.
    fmarcanojr likes this.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by dgdonovan View Post
    From everything I've read/heard, webOS 3 doesn't support a dedicated gesture area, so it won't run on any, currently announced handset.
    https://developer.palm.com/content/a...on-events.html

    Note the sections that says:

    onBack Sent when user makes back gesture on device or hits ESC key on desktop
  8. #28  
    ssshhh...this conversation never took place.
  9. #29  
    Did he say if it was going to be on the 3 main carriers?
  10.    #30  
    This is killing me so I opened a communication channel.

    I said, "I am excited about the 3 and hope it gets released soon. So for sure they are going to have the pad and the Pre 3 on the same version of webOS ? Which is 3 right ? "

    Answer was "Yes".

    Wow so both will be on the same OS thats cool.

    Response was "Yes".

    I asked, "Are you very busy ?".

    Response was "No not yet just learning a lot right now".
  11. #31  
    As much as we would all love to get some data about upcoming stuff to sink our teeth into, don't risk the possibility of "Deep Throat" losing his gig because of leaking too much info. Outfits which are really paranoid about secrecy do things like planting altered information to pinpoint the source of a leak.

    C
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )
  12. ijip's Avatar
    Posts
    885 Posts
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    #32  
    that guy is 100% wrong. There is a review of a french pre3 webos version 2.2.... I just hope we can run enyo apps on it or it could be a major fail.
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
  13.    #33  
    That will not happen here.

    There were too many steps made to insure secrecy.

    The CIA would not find this one out.

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
    fmarcanojr likes this.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyb View Post
    The Pre 3 is not being released until WebOS 3 is running on it without bugs.

    HP has decided to make a big splash with the OS capabilities as opposed to releasing it now and being picked apart by reviewers pointing out that WebOS 2x is outdated.

    Thats it in a nutshell.

    I do not have a release date however before 7 weeks expires is safe.

    When I receive new info I will update this thread.
    From a recent interview they made it abundantly clear that Tablet OS and Phone OS would not converge for awhile
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  15. #35  
    This would be cool from a fragmentation standpoint, it's just too bad that they removed tons of 2.x and even 1.x features from 3.x though. I'd almost rather it launch with 2.2/2.3...
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    From a recent interview they made it abundantly clear that Tablet OS and Phone OS would not converge for awhile
    No! They MUST converge!

    (Dead Space joke)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by marclh1992; 07/29/2011 at 08:31 AM.
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
  17. #37  
    From twitter:-

    "@mattsmcnulty
    Matthew McNulty
    @ozetadev @webosinternals phone app on pre3 is enyo"

    Twitter
    fmarcanojr likes this.
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyb View Post
    The Pre 3 is not being released until WebOS 3 is running on it without bugs.

    HP has decided to make a big splash with the OS capabilities as opposed to releasing it now and being picked apart by reviewers pointing out that WebOS 2x is outdated.

    Thats it in a nutshell.

    I do not have a release date however before 7 weeks expires is safe.

    When I receive new info I will update this thread.
    Wait...the Pre 3 has been delayed? hrm...
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyb View Post
    however we could both have made mistakes due to alcohol.

    .

    This statement in and of itself increases the credibility of the OP 1000%...
  20. #40  
    In another thread it has been said the UK should get the Pre3 before Christmas. ??
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions