Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree31Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Right, and if you're happy with your Pre 2, I suspect you will absolutely love the Pre 3.

But back to the point, if the Pre 3 can't compete with the ridiculous hardware Android OEMs are churning out and it can't compete with the cohesive experience that the iPhone offers, who will really want it other than people that have already bought into the webOS thing?
    We will see, won't we? You say 'cohesive experience', I say 'restricted experience'.

I owned iPods for years... but my opinion is only one.

Apple's users are the hardest to convert, Pre 3 will get some of them. Pre 4 will get more. XXXX phone will get more. It's not going to be just the Pre 3 that gets webOS marketshare, it's going to be all the webOS phones that get it. HP wants webOS in people's hands. Pre 3 will surely sell many new smartphone users, get some angry Apple users, and some angry Android users, as well as die-hard webOS fans alike. Mark my words.

all very well-deserving
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

2. AZ8
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    the pre3 competes on specs with everything out right now cept maybe one device lol
    How can a phone compete when it doesn't even exsist?
    Useraid likes this.
    this thread has become a great place to slam HP and talk up whatever other product folks happen to carry. So it's not really about the Pre3 other than hating on it.
    fxspec06 and HelloNNNewman like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ8 View Post
    How can a phone compete when it doesn't even exsist?
    it exists! if it doesn't then Derek has lied to us all!
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    this thread has become a great place to slam HP and talk up whatever other product folks happen to carry. So it's not really about the Pre3 other than hating on it.
    They all end up like this. Just get the damn thing out already, and end this ******************* !!

that's a really long set of asterisks

6. AZ8
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    it exists! if it doesn't then Derek has lied to us all!
    Im jus messing with semantics. No hard feelings.
    fxspec06 likes this.
    the pre3 exists, too many of us have held it in our hands, my guess is that it is having trouble getting through carrier testing, just a guess tho.
    i think discussions about cpu speeds and how much ram really only appeal to a limited amount of customers and techies interested in the latest and greatest. I had no clue what the pre cpu speed was or how much ram it had when i bought it. Never thought to even ask. I never thought about the cpu until there was a podcast that mentioned a forum post about overclocking. I didn't know more ram made much difference until the pre plus was launched and on the podcast they started talking about how it may minimize too many cards errors. Like when i was in the sprint store it wouldn't have even occurred to me to think, "Oh that's not enough ram to be able to run those cards well, therefore i'll buy Phone xyz instead." I just couldn't have known that at launch. So i'd guess that except for a very few people cpu speeds and the amount of ram are irrelevant to buying a phone and thus not the most important thing.

I think the guy that brought up the experience you get when you use the phone is closer to what really matters. But what qualifies as a good experience is gonna be different from customer to customer and may easily relate to hardware in a way that's much more apparent to the average consumer then ram or cpu speeds or cores. Like if you take a lot of pictures the hardware of the camera may be a big contributing factor to your experience if sucks. If you don't well the camera may not matter. If you're big on music maybe having music apps makes your experience. If you aren't it's not a big deal. And it applies to lots of other hardware and software aspects of the phone. I just think cpus and ram specs are some of the least important things when it comes to making most people buy. Not talking about techies and early adopters but like some guys mom or little sister when they walk into a store. Now whether webos satisfies a given persons experience wants is up to that person. For some it will and for some it won't. Guess it's up to HP to find a way to satisfy the experience needs of the biggest amount of people they can.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123