Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 48
Like Tree31Likes
  1. #21  
    Don't worry everyone. It's only taking so long because HP will only release the Pre 3 when it's perfect. Plus with all the new devices they have in the pipeline, we'll soon see a new webOS device released every other month. Shortly after webOS will sky rocket to #1+.
  2. #22  
    despite being a sprint pre- owner, I think i've been one of the more patient and understanding folk around here, but I dknt understand at all whats taking the pre3 so long.

    I didnt understand why the veer was ahead of the pre3 in development. I dont understand why it takes the largest tech company in the world 6 months after announcing a device to bring it to market. As a sprint user I probably wont be getting the pre3 initially. I'd have to consider changing carrier (for reasons other than just the phone). But now i'll probably pass on it all together. Surely, after all this time, they'll have something else in the pipeline.... Right?
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    Surely, after all this time, they'll have something else in the pipeline.... Right?
    yes...yes they do...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    gmlongo and SmartFah like this.
  4. AZ8
    AZ8 is offline
    AZ8's Avatar
    Posts
    90 Posts
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    The iPhone 5 coming to Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon, and of course AT&T on September 5th is significant. iOS 5 will get upgraded notifications, just type, voice actions, and card multitasking.

    The release of the Samsung Galaxy S II in the US around August 12th is also something to watch. So far there have been Five million Galaxy S II sold in 85 days, not even in the US yet
    Sprint: GS2 Samsung Within approved at the FCC rollout in 2 weeks?
    AT&T: AT&Ts Samsung Galaxy S II Attain revealed with a keyboard.
    Verizon: Verizon could be first carrier to get Samsung Galaxy S II.

    We are in the middle of a flood of new flagship phones:
    Mar: Verizon Thunderbolt LTE
    Apr: AT&T Atrix 4G, Verizon Droid Charge, Verizon Droid Incredible 2
    May Sprint Nexus S 4G, AT&T Infuse 4G, Verizon Droid X2
    June Sprint EVO 3D, AT&T Inspire 4G
    July Sprint Photon 4G, AT&T Nexus S
    Aug: Sprint Within, AT&T Attain, Verizon Function, AT&T LG Thrill 3D
    Sep: AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint iPhone 5
    - - - - Sprint Epic 2 4G, Sprint LG Slider, Verizon Bionic, T-Mobile Hercules

    HP does not want to delay past September because 50 new phones are expected to be announced in October for the holidays.

    Remember back when there were four new flagship phones a year: Palm, BlackBerry, Nokia, and Apple?
    Impressive list there. And don't forget...WP7 w/Mango is lurking nearby and appears to be a serious player. Mango looks impressive!!
  5. #25  
    Oh wow. Look at all the fantastic Droids that do what different from every other Droid? They're the same friggin' phones with new plastic shells, slightly faster CPU, blah blah blah. The whole reason Apple still has a following is because, ultimately, it's about the experience and not the specs. Why do I give 2 s**ts if some phone has a dual core 1.2GHz processor versus a 1.4GHz CPU, if they both get the job done and do so in a mostly smooth fashion? The average consumer doesn't really care all that much about specs either, just what someone tells them is important.

    If the Pre 3 comes out on your network of choice, and runs webOS 2.2 or 2.3 smooth as butter and brings the experience you really want with even more apps, do you really want to move on to Android? Why?

    Heck, I've just gotten a killer deal on a Pre 2 from Verizon for just $5 for upgrading. It will be here tomorrow. It will do me just fine as it does what I need. Maybe I may end up trading up to the Pre 3 later, but I have no desire for any of the Droids despite some fantastic offers that I could get one of them with. It's all about the experience for me. For others, who need the "cool" phone, I don't think anything but a slab phone will do, and I think we can all be assured that's coming sometime soon.
  6. eallan's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by falconrap View Post
    Oh wow. Look at all the fantastic Droids that do what different from every other Droid? They're the same friggin' phones with new plastic shells, slightly faster CPU, blah blah blah. The whole reason Apple still has a following is because, ultimately, it's about the experience and not the specs. Why do I give 2 s**ts if some phone has a dual core 1.2GHz processor versus a 1.4GHz CPU, if they both get the job done and do so in a mostly smooth fashion? The average consumer doesn't really care all that much about specs either, just what someone tells them is important.

    If the Pre 3 comes out on your network of choice, and runs webOS 2.2 or 2.3 smooth as butter and brings the experience you really want with even more apps, do you really want to move on to Android? Why?

    Heck, I've just gotten a killer deal on a Pre 2 from Verizon for just $5 for upgrading. It will be here tomorrow. It will do me just fine as it does what I need. Maybe I may end up trading up to the Pre 3 later, but I have no desire for any of the Droids despite some fantastic offers that I could get one of them with. It's all about the experience for me. For others, who need the "cool" phone, I don't think anything but a slab phone will do, and I think we can all be assured that's coming sometime soon.
    The galaxy S II Has already sold 6 million units without launching in america. I'm completely in love with mine.

    So I think specs matter. Well, scratch that, I know they do.


    The touchpad lags with a dual core 1.2 GHZ processor. Why the hell would you want less than that on a phone you'll have for 2 years.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by falconrap View Post
    Oh wow. Look at all the fantastic Droids that do what different from every other Droid? They're the same friggin' phones with new plastic shells, slightly faster CPU, blah blah blah. The whole reason Apple still has a following is because, ultimately, it's about the experience and not the specs. Why do I give 2 s**ts if some phone has a dual core 1.2GHz processor versus a 1.4GHz CPU, if they both get the job done and do so in a mostly smooth fashion? The average consumer doesn't really care all that much about specs either, just what someone tells them is important.

    If the Pre 3 comes out on your network of choice, and runs webOS 2.2 or 2.3 smooth as butter and brings the experience you really want with even more apps, do you really want to move on to Android? Why?

    Heck, I've just gotten a killer deal on a Pre 2 from Verizon for just $5 for upgrading. It will be here tomorrow. It will do me just fine as it does what I need. Maybe I may end up trading up to the Pre 3 later, but I have no desire for any of the Droids despite some fantastic offers that I could get one of them with. It's all about the experience for me. For others, who need the "cool" phone, I don't think anything but a slab phone will do, and I think we can all be assured that's coming sometime soon.

    HP has done NOTHING to assure their fanbase. How many phones have come out since the Pre 3 was announced?


    I have an android phone after having a pre for 2 years. I miss card view and true multitasking. But I sure as hell don't miss having literally an app for everything.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by mmihalek View Post
    I was a diehard webOS fan, and still love the OS. However, I bought my Sprint Pre- within the same week it launched, off-contract and I'm still using it because Sprint doesn't have any better options imo. Not a big fan of Android.

    A few months ago I broke down and bought an iPod and loved it. Last week I went out and compared the various tablets (including HP) and came home with an iPad2. Now if and when Sprint comes out with the iPhone, I'll be jumping ship.

    In a perfect world, we would have the webOS operating system with the Apple AppStore powered by the phone specs of an Android device. Is that too much to ask?
    Yup...I too chose the iPad2 as my tablet over everything else and couldn't be happier about the decision. Completely replaces a laptop for me. It has me sold on the iphone 5 too with all the improvements.

    In the end, people want a device that is supported. HP has done a terrible job....they say one thing and then do another. Nobody knows when to expect a device announced in Feb. I don't want to buy into a 2 yr contract with a device the probably won't be supported by HP or developers.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    mmihalek likes this.
  9. #29  
    Pre3 is inching towards DOA status...
    I mean come on! We're coming up on SIX MONTHS since its announcement and it's not released yet nor do we even have an announcement of a release date! Pathetic. I'm so tired from waiting that I've pretty much retired from the idea of ever owning one.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by falconrap View Post
    Oh wow. Look at all the fantastic Droids that do what different from every other Droid? They're the same friggin' phones with new plastic shells, slightly faster CPU, blah blah blah. The whole reason Apple still has a following is because, ultimately, it's about the experience and not the specs. Why do I give 2 s**ts if some phone has a dual core 1.2GHz processor versus a 1.4GHz CPU, if they both get the job done and do so in a mostly smooth fashion? The average consumer doesn't really care all that much about specs either, just what someone tells them is important.
    See, here's the problem. You have fantastic Android phones in a spec arms race for people who care about that. You have the iPhone giving the best experience to people who care about that.

    Then there's the Pre 3 which can't compete on specs and can't compete on experience. So other than the absolute webOS diehards, who does the Pre 3 appeal to?

    That's what people are complaining about.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    See, here's the problem. You have fantastic Android phones in a spec arms race for people who care about that. You have the iPhone giving the best experience to people who care about that.

    Then there's the Pre 3 which can't compete on specs and can't compete on experience. So other than the absolute webOS diehards, who does the Pre 3 appeal to?

    That's what people are complaining about.
    the pre3 competes on specs with everything out right now cept maybe one device lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    fxspec06 likes this.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    the pre3 competes on specs with everything out right now cept maybe one device lol
    It really doesn't. If you want pure bleeding edge specs, I can think of 4 or 5 phones -- all available today -- off the top of my head with better CPUs, better GPUs, and more RAM.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    No, I'm pretty sure it's just threads like this that are kiling the Pre3 hype.
    So a 6 month wait time, during which, super-high end phones are released, and new innovative OS being launched has nothing to do with it?

    Let's face it, in the grand scheme of things, an almost negligible amount of people will see these kind of threads. Those that will are on these forums, and are likely webOS fanatics.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    It really doesn't. If you want pure bleeding edge specs, I can think of 4 or 5 phones -- all available today -- off the top of my head with better CPUs, better GPUs, and more RAM.
    ........but it really does

    all I hear from my droid friend (who's not a techie geeko like me) is how his 1.2ghz processor is the fastest on the planet

    I tell him the pre 3 has a 1.4ghz and he's like 'wow'

    yeah, pre 3 has awesome specs.

    there's like 300,000 phones on the market that have slower single core processors. and 0 that have faster single core processor. and 0 that have faster dual core processor. so. no clue where u getting your facts from
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    ........but it really does

    all I hear from my droid friend (who's not a techie geeko like me) is how his 1.2ghz processor is the fastest on the planet

    I tell him the pre 3 has a 1.4ghz and he's like 'wow'

    yeah, pre 3 has awesome specs.

    there's like 300,000 phones on the market that have slower single core processors. and 0 that have faster single core processor. and 0 that have faster dual core processor. so. no clue where u getting your facts from
    That's just short-sighted though.

    Assuming you're on a 2 year contract (and that webOS runs an SMP kernel, which, from TouchPad benchmarks, seems questionable), would you rather have a 1.2GHz dual core MSM8260 with an Adreno 220 or a 1.4GHz single core MSM8x55 with an Adreno 205?

    Do you think 200MHz is more important than an extra 256MB of RAM?

    This is a lot like when people were railing on the Evo Shift for running at a lower clock speed and not understanding it was actually a more powerful SoC clock for clock.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    That's just short-sighted though.

    Assuming you're on a 2 year contract (and that webOS runs an SMP kernel, which, from TouchPad benchmarks, seems questionable), would you rather have a 1.2GHz dual core MSM8260 with an Adreno 220 or a 1.4GHz single core MSM8x55 with an Adreno 205?

    Do you think 200MHz is more important than an extra 256MB of RAM?
    for a phone? single core, dude. assuming i'm a peon who upgrades every two years, i'm getting the single core 1.4 that's TOTL and has the -OS- that I want that works PERFECTLY WELL

    dude, I have a pre2 and a pre+. I never fill up the ram. not even close. my pre2 is SUPER FAST, man, like crazy fast. I know what it's capable of. 400mhz goes a long way. so does 200mhz.

    and what the heck on earth would you need a dual core processor in a phone for? there's only one screen, and it's big enough for one app at a time. that's what kernels are for. you can't convince me that DC's are worth it right now, because they're not

    oh really, you got twitter on one core and aim on the other core? that's so awesome! oh but you can't view both at once? oh well that sucks. oh wow my pre 3 can render twitter faster than your dual core can! how about that! and from all that spare time it saved, it also finishes processing my aim messages faster than yours! race to finish FTW!
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Serious question: do you know what a kernel is? And do you know what threads are?
    a kernel is a piece of popcorn and threads is that stuff on clothing right?

    it's not life or death situation

    kernel manages cpu instructions and throttling and threads are the hallways the instructions go through

    the more hallways the more battery drain..
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

  18. #38  
    No, but understanding how operating system architecture works would help explain why the Pre 3 really isn't in the best specs race even if it's clocked 200MHz higher than, say, the Galaxy S II.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    No, but understanding how operating system architecture works would help explain why the Pre 3 really isn't in the best specs race even if it's clocked 200MHz higher than, say, the Galaxy S II.
    alright, points taken

    i'm glad your 16 core mac is faster than my core 2 extreme laptop bud

    but my laptop is just fine and still blazing fast >.>
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

  20. #40  
    Right, and if you're happy with your Pre 2, I suspect you will absolutely love the Pre 3.

    But back to the point, if the Pre 3 can't compete with the ridiculous hardware Android OEMs are churning out and it can't compete with the cohesive experience that the iPhone offers, who will really want it other than people that have already bought into the webOS thing?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions