1.    #1  
    Hi all,

FYI. See link.

Take care,
    Jay

WebOS Chief DeWitt Says HP Can Impact 'Universe Of Devices'
    By Kevin McLaughlin, CRN, July 26, 2011 2:42 PM ET

http://www.crn.com/news/client-devic...BnA**.ecappj01

Stephen DeWitt, the recently appointed head of HPs' new WebOS business unit, has heard all about how Apple (NSDQ:AAPL) has an insurmountable lead in the tablet space, and how HP (NYSE:HPQ) will never be able to attract widespread interest from mobile application developers. And in some cases, DeWitt understands why critics would reach such conclusions.

"I know it's trendy for people to say WebOS doesn't have all the apps. We don't have an umpteen-year history of courting the developer community -- we just donít," DeWitt told CRN in a recent interview.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Rnp likes this.
    Good article, thanks, was posted here yesterday (I'm hoping mods will change thread title to 7/26 rather than 6/26).
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...rn-6-26-a.html
    Umpteen year? Android had one more year. Apple had two more years. What are these "umpteen" years he's talking about?

He should stop making excuses and talk more about how he will attract developers.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    jtfolden likes this.
    I'd settle for him explaining why HP has two disparate application frameworks for tablets and phones...
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    I'd settle for him explaining why HP has two disparate application frameworks for tablets and phones...
    Or why the delay in putting enyo on phones...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    just because 3.0 is not on phones does not mean enyo is not supported....
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    There is far more evidence that Enyo ISN'T supported on phones, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    There's no point though until they support enyo on phones. It's the same with the hybrid apps situation. Hybrid apps work fine on 1.4.5, but since they won't support it there's no point in trying to target that platform. Since they won't support Enyo on phones, there's no point in trying to target phones with Enyo.