Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    There is rumor on the Howard Forums that starting tomorrow, November 6, T-Mobile will offer free nights and weekends to any of the plans that now have unlimited weekends only. If you are paying extra for the unlimited nights you will need to call to change to get this for free.

There is also another rumor that T-Mobile will offer unlimited data for $10 per month by February 1.
    hmm, well i get 5000 anytime minutes now so i cant imagine needing more minutes of any kind, but unlimited gprs for $10? i'll be there so fast it'll make yer head spin! YEAH! I sorta doubt it (though it'd certainly be competitive with sprint) but I'm hoping!

TM
    Wow! That's great. Thanks for the info! I was about to hock my 180 for a 300, but if they offer unlimited data, I can hold out for the next model.
  4.    #4  
    I just did it. I called T-Mobile and got free unlimited nights on my Get More plan.
    I'm on the get more plan also. I just made the call and will be upgraded to the unlimited nights option on the next billing cycle (5 days away).

See: http://www.t-mobile.com/plans/national/

It looks like they raise the price to 40 cents a minute if you go over your minutes.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I called today, and now I'm thoroughly confused. I had the $29.99 Talk & Text plan with 200 anytime minutes. It has been my understanding that my data minutes and voice minutes are indistinguishable.

I saw on the T-mobile & Handspring websites that for the same price, they now offer 300 anytime minutes. I asked to be upgraded to that plan, but before I hung up I wanted to make sure that my voice & data were still indistinguishable. The operator said no, and that if I hadn't been charged for data that it was a mistake!

So I told him to cancel my request, and hopefully my bill will remain the same. What's going on here? Have I been mistaken about the billing, or is there a special plan for Treo's that he didn't know about?
    OK, here is the scoop...

I just got off the phone with T-mobile after a 30 min ordeal. Their computer system was running very slow. That wasn't the only thing running slow over at T-mobile, if you know what I mean

The rep had no clue about the unlimited nights so she put me on hold and found it. After many more on hold episodes, she confirmed it was only for the $39.99 plan and above. I have the 29.99 plan which is not eligible. To get unlimited nights for the $39.99 and above, you have to extend your contract for one year if you have been with them for more than 90 days. If you have been a customer less than 90 days, you don't.

I did get my anytime minutes upped from 200 to 300 for free. That was because T-mobile offers more minutes than VS did for the $29.99 plan. I didn't have to extend my contract for that. Everyone with me?

iamsoclever, did they let you get unlimited nights? That is an interesting point you make about data billing. My data has always been billed like voice, but I wonder if t-mobile now bills differently for their plans. You could get screwed if you extend your contract to get unlimited nights and then start getting billed separate for data. Thoughts or experiences?

Tom
    Yes, this is true! Free nights and weekends - just extend your contract. Now I don't have to pay the extra 7 bucks a month for night min!
    Unfortunately, it's not available for any of the talk and share plans, so I can't get free nights. Oh well.
    I wonder if they'll force the year contract if we push the issue?

I'm no longer committed to them - I've had TMobile service since November (when I got my original visorphone.)

I wonder if I can get away with the free nights without the extended contract if I threaten to cancel my account otherwise? After all, I can just get the Treo 300 from Amazon for $250. Free nights are standard with Sprint anyway, right?

Does anyone know if the Tmobile phone reps have the authority to grant the free nights to me without the contract extension?
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    Has anybody verified whether data calls are no longer free once you upgraded to free nights? I just extended my contract and added free nights, but saw this thread and now I'm worried I made a mistake.
    Originally posted by musicfanatic

iamsoclever, did they let you get unlimited nights? That is an interesting point you make about data billing. My data has always been billed like voice, but I wonder if t-mobile now bills differently for their plans. You could get screwed if you extend your contract to get unlimited nights and then start getting billed separate for data. Thoughts or experiences?

Tom
    When I changed my plan a while ago (when Get More went to 600 minutes) I confirmed that "nothing else about my plan is changing except for the minutes" and got the person's name. That way I could reference someone if they changed something else. Do that, and then raise a stink if they lie.
    I've decided not to switch to the 300 minutes, not because I'm worried about data minutes, but because I don't want to extend my contract.

Rumor says GPRS will be available in March. My contract expires in May. I'm going to want to switch to the carrier that provides the cheapest unlimited GPRS, even if it means selling my 180 and buying a 300.
  14. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Oops, duplicate...
    Last edited by Q; 11/12/2002 at 10:31 AM.
  15. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Originally posted by iamosclever
    I'm going to want to switch to the carrier that provides the cheapest unlimited GPRS, even if it means selling my 180 and buying a 300.
    The 300 doesn't use GPRS. Do you mean cheapest unlimited data use?
    I called T-Mobile inquiring about the unlimited evening minutes offer .. when I asked them what time do they consider "evening" they responded 9p.

So for those out there who assume that "evening" starts at 5p you may be wrong :-(
    Data min are still free if you use it during nights/weekends if you use CSD!! I upgraded and use night/weekend min all the time to WAP!
    Sorry, what is CSD?
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    CSD means using regular dial-up to an ISP for a data connection (as opposed to GPRS).
    So based on MitzEclipse's experience, upgrading the Get More plan to unlimited nights does not affect data minutes (dialing up to ISP) coming out of regular voice minutes. Can anyone else who has upgraded confirm this? I want to make sure that data usage does not get billed separatly after upgrading to unlimited nights.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast