1.    #1  
    I have been using Eudora Mail for some time and really like the program. (I'm interested in SnapperMail but will wait till they have a mail conduit and be compatible with reading Documents to Go attachments.)

My problem with Eudora as been with the mail conduit. It works initially, once or twice and then no longer syncs up with Outlook 2000. When I've had to do a hard reset and re-install Eudora, it will sync fine and then quit again. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is there a problem in my settings or what?

I have Outlook 2000 with all the latest service packs, and security patches. My settings in Eudora are to sync with Outlook.

Thanks
    Up the Creek.... Try the River!
    www.riverontheweb.com

Moblog: bluefrog.textamerica.com
    bruce,

are you in a habbit of deleting email from outlook between syncing your device?

are you getting an error message on syncing that it can't find an email?

try renaming the two dat file in your eduora mail folder (under your palm folder) before re-installing the suite.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by Felipe
    bruce,

are you in a habbit of deleting email from outlook between syncing your device?

(Bruce) Yes I am. Does this create a problem

are you getting an error message on syncing that it can't find an email?

(Bruce) In my log I read under Eudora: "Could not delete the following message from the Desktop Mail System". Then it name the mail.

try renaming the two dat file in your eduora mail folder (under your palm folder) before re-installing the suite.
    (Bruce) So you're saying I should rename these two files and then delete and reinstall Eudora? What is causing my problem so that I can keep it from happening again?

Thanks for your help.
    www.riverontheweb.com

sorry, you should rename the files first and see if it fixes your problem. when if it happens again. You shouldn't have to re-install.

Eudora, keeps a list of emails that it transfers over to the palm. When it doesn't find the email in outlook, it freaks out and stops syncing.

I ran into the problem of eudora not syncing and did the same thing you did (re-install), but after the third time I went and did a dejanews search and found the answer.
    Felipe
  5.    #5  
    Thanks Felipe... that fixed it. I really appreciate it. So...do you just not delete mail from Outlook between syncs or is there another workaround for this problem? Should I do all my deleting from within Eudora mail or what?
    www.riverontheweb.com

i only delete from eudora.

glad I could help.
    Felipe