1.    #1  
    Ok, I am stumped. I am now getting a fatal alert every time I try to go to the top left applications drop down menu on my Treo 300 to either access "Info" or "Delete" or even "Category"...

I do not know how this happened.

In addition, something weird is going on. Now when I download any files that are .zip and I try to unzip them using the native Windows XP utility they do not unzip and when I try to install the new .prc files I get that little "Windows cannot recognize the file" error...

What is going on? Is this a Windows problem? Or is it something inside my Treo? I am baffled...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Try reseting your Treo. If this doesn't work, download a program called Filez from Palmgear. Then delete the Saved Prefences file and Unsaved prefences file. You'll have to set-up and re-register all your apps, but this might work. This worked for me when anything screwy like that happened for me.
    I had this error. It is a corrupted call log. I fixed it by deleting the call log. Hard Reset your 'treo', delete the PhoneCallDB file in the backup directory, and hotsync. This fixed the problem for me.

Let me know how it works for you...