Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kkhanmd
  1.    #1  
    So Stephen DeWitt talks a lot when answering a question. It is way better than what Ruby does. (No comments, in coming months etc), and sometimes he give specific dates like Jobs which is way better than Ruby. However when he answers a question, he talks so much and thrown in technical abbreviations and terms that by middle of his answer I am not even sure what was the questions and what exactly he means.

Ruby was such a sour puss, you could see it in his responses:
    Ari will be working for StephenÖ and Iím going to kibbitz. Alright?
    Because we can.
    Címon Josh, recognize first of all that itís not available 14 days later.
    Itís the same CPU. You know this stuffÖ
    No, I havenít even said itís going to happen. I chose my words very carefully. Sometime in the future we will re-converge these, but right now thatís not the plan.
    I said I wasnít going to comment.
    I think Ruby is going to retire or move somewhere else.

Anyway in the whole thisismynext interview Stephan had 90 % words while Jon had less than 10. Yet nothing in my mind sticks about what Stephen Said after reading the interview a couple of times.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Right, DeWitt comes off like a total carny. He dazzles you with words then you're left wondering why you just bought a bottle of snake oil.
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    I'm thinking Jon comes off poorly in text, if you put those words and picture him actually speaking you can picture him saying those things light heartedly (see engadget shows featuring Ruby)
    DeWitt comes across to me as very well informed and intelligent, you do not build a company and sell it for 2 billion dollars with communication skills of a carny.
    I get that we tend to like people who say nice things about webOS (see: Rahul Sood) but do you think he actually said anything of substance?

As a companion piece to the interview, you should probably listen to yesterday's Thisismynext podcast. Josh has some pretty interesting takes on what was said (and more notably, the things that weren't said).
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Sorry but its funny to read some of the comments bashing Jon yet...

HP CEO: "WebOS devices weeks within announcements"

HP’s European head Eric Cador: " Number 1+"

Mr Kerris: "thousands of apps at launch; essential apps at launch!"

Come on guys, you dont see a pattern here? Lets see this new guy actually deliver before we start praising him.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    I get that we tend to like people who say nice things about webOS (see: Rahul Sood) but do you think he actually said anything of substance?

As a companion piece to the interview, you should probably listen to yesterday's Thisismynext podcast. Josh has some pretty interesting takes on what was said (and more notably, the things that weren't said).
    what did they say in the podcast?
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post

Listened to the 7/15 podcast. It provides so much more insight than just simply reading the interview. Thanks for the rec. I think everyone should listen to it.
  9.    #9  
    Stephen Dewitt says so much, but no meaning to it. He should be a politician or president.
    rickwestland likes this.