Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes
    Keep in mind that the Pre3 forum is where new users will come to learn about the Pre3... In the coming months.

General venting usually goes in the general HP/Palm forum... So this might end up over there... In the coming months.
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    The Pre didn't fail. The Pre was the phone that started this all. If there was no Pre, none of us would even be talking about this. The Pre was a HUGE success. Not as huge as it could have been had Palm had a gazillion dollars (look at Apple and Google, they built their headquarters on melted $100 bills and concrete).
    Funny.... we still don't know the pre sale numbers even after two years...
    Here's a point not made....

Without Pre there is no need for PreCentral!

I thought the forums where here to talk about it!
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbgsu View Post
    Incidentally, just type would still work fine with a virtual keyboard, just make a long upswipe bring up the keyboard, not just the wave bar (nearly useless).
    right, you just swipe to the right to bring up spotlight search in iOS as well, or press a search button in android to search for everything.

The difference will be much smaller, lets just say that.

PS, I love blind typing, and there is no way it can be done on a slab....

they can make a slab phone, but if thats the only shape, I will regrettably not buy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe2gg View Post
    Funny.... we still don't know the pre sale numbers even after two years...
    It's not about sales numbers.

What is it with everyone and numbers. <<mod delete>>

Nothing in life is ever that cut and dry.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 07/24/2011 at 07:18 PM. Reason: crude
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Keep in mind that the Pre3 forum is where new users will come to learn about the Pre3... In the coming months.

General venting usually goes in the general HP/Palm forum... So this might end up over there... In the coming months.
    If we had any real news from HP about what was going on, most of us would be willing to sit back and wait without venting. The problem we have is the lack of information causing many of us to start getting angry at the lack of information.

If they were to tell us "We decided to ditch WebOS 2.x on the Pre 3 and go directly to WebOS 3 on the Pre 3", that would tell us why it is taking so long, and many would accept it without too many complaints. If there is a hardware upgrade, even without saying what it is, telling us that they decided to upgrade some components before launch would also explain the delay, and it would calm us down quite a bit. What we have is....nothing.

So, if the Pre 3 comes out, expect the wild speculation and most complaints to end...and even with some real news from HP, most of the venting would end, or at least be reduced to a minimum for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    It obviously didn't sell too well or Palm wouldn't have gone belly-up. Why wouldn't Palm care about sales numbers? Developers obvious do hence the reason Webos barely has any support. If Webos cannot gain some market share I don't know what HP will do. Continue developing a product that isn't turning a profit?
    Palm didn't go belly-up.

HP bought them.
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

The thing is DOA. If you're on Sprint just get an Evo 3d and get on with your life. Hopefully they license it out because I would love card based multitasking for Android.
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Palm didn't go belly-up.

HP bought them.
    They were bankrupt
    Quote Originally Posted by TLG James View Post
    They were bankrupt
    My mistake.

I see what you did there.
    Cantaffordit likes this.
    move it over to the general palm thread then...but keep it at a pre3 rant title.

if not interesting in ranting, don't open this thread.
    <moved>
    Quote Originally Posted by TLG James View Post
    They were bankrupt

they had just taken on another round of funding, so they weren't bankrupt. Probably wouldn't have survived without being acquired, but very much solvent when HP bought them.

Investor Elevation Partners backs Palm, despite woes | Reuters
    I'm not slider fan, and I didn't like original Pre design (I bought it because webOS and Palm brand) but Pre3 looks great having in mind it's slider, so some small thickness must exist. Specs are really ok, without gimmicks like 3d B.S. and similar ****. I know it's blasphemous, but Pre3's major problem is good old webOS, with same old limits and inconsistencies that people posting on this forums, from sections reserved for old devices to Veer section. WebOS faithful will say its a best OS on market, but truth is, its best OS only for them, really small number of consumers in a vast market beyond webOSes reach in its current state. Yeah, I know I bought Pre because of webOS, but time is moving fast, and overall better options came along, so I jumped from it like so many others. Thing is, webOS could become attractive OS if they improve it, modernize it and feature-ize it, and until webOS reach this phase, maybe is best not to release any new phone.
    What I also don't understand is this fixation with physical keyboard models only, coming first from Palm and now from HP, while market went to slabs? I understand that Palm saw some window of opportunity with hardware keyboard models in 2009 when Apple dominated market with iPhone, and others tried to follow same hardware footprint. But now, with so many other successful slabs beside iPhone as an example in which direction went today's taste of consumers, HP is still pushing slider only models?
    they had just taken on another round of funding, so they weren't bankrupt. Probably wouldn't have survived without being acquired, but very much solvent when HP bought them.

Investor Elevation Partners backs Palm, despite woes | Reuters
    Elevation played ugly game with Palm. They were simply invested in Palm's disintegration.
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    What I also don't understand is this fixation with physical keyboard models only, coming first from Palm and now from HP, while market went to slabs? I understand that Palm saw some window of opportunity with hardware keyboard models in 2009 when Apple dominated market with iPhone, and others tried to follow same hardware footprint. But now, with so many other successful slabs beside iPhone as an example in which direction went today's taste of consumers, HP is still pushing slider only models?
    Does the Pre 3 even have a virtual keyboard?
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    There is no virtual keyboard so when in landscape you need to change to portrait to type. I also don't understand HP logic. I remember Motorola and HTC were not doing too well but after changing their strategy they are now doing well. Palm on the other hand wanted to create trends with phones like the veer, pixi, pre, pre plus, pre 2 and now the pre 3 and not one of them were successful. I don't get their strategy.
    Me either... But I'll wait and see what happens.
    Tell you what I don't understand about the Pre3. All of it. Sucker doesn't exist. HP has removed all details from it's website save "it's awesome!"

So for all anyone knows, the Pre3 will be software running on an EVO or iPhone. Why not? Go take a look at the tech specs HP currently has out, there's nothing in them that makes that impossible because they don't exist.
    not a chance.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast