Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes
  1.    #1  
    From this Boston article: HP realigns PC unit with eye toward WebOS sales - The Boston Globe

To quote:

Bradley said in an interview that July 1 was a “soft launch’’ for the TouchPad and that more advertising will start on July 17. The company also plans to issue a software update for the tablet in about 10 days, he said.
    let the counting begin! i have BIG hopes for this update...
    Sounds good! Hope it all pans out. I love getting updates cant wait. Hope we get the kindle app and the HP movie store too!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bullonparade85 View Post
    Hope we get the kindle app and the HP movie store too!!
    Kindle Definitely. Movie store not as much because of Hulu, Crackle, and Amazon. Not as big a miss as initially thought. Been enjoying many movies on my TPad.

As for the other updates. All my Apps Open in 2 "pulses" (i.e. seconds) and it's all been smooth as silk. iPad2 users have been impressed and keep asking to "check out the TouchPad for a minute".
    iowahawk19 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Kindle Definitely. Movie store not as much because of Hulu, Crackle, and Amazon. Not as big a miss as initially thought. Been enjoying many movies on my TPad.

As for the other updates. All my Apps Open in 2 "pulses" (i.e. seconds) and it's all been smooth as silk. iPad2 users have been impressed and keep asking to "check out the TouchPad for a minute".
    have you got the update already then???

If you can't say then just smile.
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    NDA NDA NDA!

Good news coming soon though!

And yes, I am enjoying the heck out of my TouchPad, while timidly waiting for the OTA update on it like most other folks.
    etx likes this.
    what about the update for editing with quick office?
    Hahha more soft launches???? this is really stupid....

thats the same bs they pulled with the veer launch.. it was a soft launch
    10 days would make it Thurs July 21st, 4 days after the big advertising begins. I wonder if reviewers will get a few days earlier so they can publish updated opinions before the weekend of the 22nd or whether everyone gets it the same time and HP is hoping for updated reviews before August.

ps original story is on Bloomberg
    'about 10 days' is NOT the same as 'in 10 days.' Just saying...
    kjb86 likes this.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Indeed, this is just an alternative version of in the coming weeks...
    65fastback likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    Indeed, this is just an alternative version of in the coming weeks...
    They have the retail channel depending on them not to mention other channel partners and the UK launch. They have advertising dollars beginning to be spent. 10 days sounds like either everyone gets it by that weekend or some start getting it a few days before and that is why the vague phrasing.

I have little doubt it will be here by that time, the real question is what is included in the update as the previous posters asked.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Bummer. Was hoping for an OTA update before I leave for Asia in four days
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post

Yep. In other words: Not selling well = "soft launch"

God, these guys & their corporate BS talk. They must think we're all stupid.
    and since when did this Todd bradley guy get instant credibility. He does work for HP after all. I will believe it when I see it
    No, soft launch means little or no advertising. There had already been leaks that the major advertising push was to begin mid-July.

Still, not having the software ready mostly probably depressed sales expectations for even a soft launch, lets help the OTA will alter the landscape.
    iowahawk19 likes this.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bullonparade85 View Post
    Sounds good! Hope it all pans out. I love getting updates cant wait. Hope we get the kindle app and the HP movie store too!!
    As much as I want my Kindle collection on my TouchPad, I think the ability to negotiate http proxies and edit Office documents are higher on my list. I'll carry my Kindle separately for six+ months, but my TouchPad is going back at the end of the month if it's still a paperweight at the office.
    All I can say is "NDA." But the "NDA" for the "NDA" is really "NDA."
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Bummer. Was hoping for an OTA update before I leave for Asia in four days
    You'll have wifi access in Asia. You'll be OK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post

Soft launch as in the device launches, but advertising doesn't ramp up until a few weeks after launch. Look at all of the adverts that the Veer has now...
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    No, soft launch means little or no advertising. There had already been leaks that the major advertising push was to begin mid-July.

Still, not having the software ready mostly probably depressed sales expectations for even a soft launch, lets help the OTA will alter the landscape.
    By that logic the ipad2 was a soft launch.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast