Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree34Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe2gg View Post
    That's a pretty ignorant thing to say considering the circumstances. Name me a windows laptop before the macbook that had good performance/thin design/good battery life. Where do you think some of the ideas from the Envy Line came from? Yes a Macbook may be heavily overpriced but nethertheless they are still very high quality products.
    The same could be said about your comment. The US market is not the only market. Several devices fit your description of the macbook but were never sold in the US. I know because I bought them. As it stands, my current laptop is lighter and more powerful than a macbook, and has a 1080p screen and plays Blu-rays. Name me a macbook that can do that. Btw, not available in the US. Contrary to your implication, innovation is not driven by Apple.

In any case, the statement about the Apple hype machine is accurate. NPR announced a study that found that Apple gets more positive press than all other tech companies combined. The iPhone 5 could be made of human feces and Apple would still get good press. That is objectively true and you cannot argue with that. You can't buy that kind of publicity. Of course, this has nothing to do with whether Apple products are quality products. It only refers to the publicity -- which is why your criticism misses the mark.
    Apple indeed painted fantastic public image as symbol of good taste. If you criticize Apple, that is sign of bad taste, or at least lack of good taste. Its even going further by complete disconnection from reality in which at least iPhone is carried by broadest demographic from real drug dealing scum to CEOs- Apple managed to keep prestigious and elite image.
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    Did you expect a 2nd launch? There is no "hard" launch when there is a "soft" launch. The device gets out, some folks buy it, some don't. Word of mouth spreads from users experiences. Then the advertisements kick in to gear. And what sales numbers are you going by? I would love to see them.
    Im sorry, but with all the new commercials, and late night talk show placement. Was i right? or was i right...
    I was right that 'in about 10 days' is not the same as 'in 10 days'
    same as coming in weeks is not the same as .....

oh well but who cares any more
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Funnier part is all the overstated negativity is coming from those "waiting for an OTA" that don't have a device to wait for. Seams like those holding devices are rather happy with them.

Whenever the OTA comes, those folks will move on to something else, maybe we will go back to the where is Sprint Pre3....
    as a long standing webOS lover, and current pre sprint, pixi plus vzw, pre2 pay as you go world phone tri user, I wasn't happy and I returned it.

lots of great things about it, but for me it was lacking the apps I need for work especially citrix with proper security support. Plus it did crash more often than my phones do or have ever done.

I traded it in for a killer deal on a asus transformer and keyboard, and still have 50 bucks more in my pocket.

I love me my webOS and signed up on vzw pre data caps using a pixi as the place holder, with the intent of buying a pre3 when it hits big red.

but for now I needed a netbook or tablet and the touchpad as much as it hurts me to say it, wasn't there yet.

they need
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Funnier part is all the overstated negativity is coming from those "waiting for an OTA" that don't have a device to wait for. Seams like those holding devices are rather happy with them.

Whenever the OTA comes, those folks will move on to something else, maybe we will go back to the where is Sprint Pre3....
    I am pretty much in agreement, in my case, I did not purchase my TouchPad to replace my laptop but more for casual use for around my home and when I travel. I knew that it would fit my needs from reading all the press write ups but was really pleasantly surprised of how much of convenience this device is in my everyday life. webOS just came to life on the big screen and is really starting to live up to its true potential. Is it perfect, no, but the bugs are minor compared to its pluses and just like many of the actual TouchPad users in here, whenever the OTA comes is fine with me.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234