View Poll Results: If Ruby leaves H/P, will it make the webOS better or worse?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes will help webOS

20 29.85%
  • No, WebOS will suffer if Ruby leaves H/P

14 20.90%
  • Too early to tell

24 35.82%
  • WebOS it too late to be saved.

9 13.43%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree8Likes
    I like his vision but was confused when josh at engadget at the time interviewed him and didnt know Pre stats, and asked josh what chips it had. He seems cool, but programmers behind th scene probably have more vision creations. Bosses have good ideas usually but lack of skills a lot in the field. I hope he stays though. Wanna see him rise to see webOS do good.
    Ruby's demotion equals "addition by subtraction" for HP, TouchPad and Pre.

WebOS devices have been too "incomplete", badly delivered.

Something has been holding them back, dragging them down.

To me, Ruby has always seemed to be a Steve Jobs wanna be.

Jobs has a track record of delivering the goods, scoring big.

Ruby has a track record of delivering goods with "potential" which has never been fulfilled... over and over.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    If anything, I think I'd give more credit to Matias Duarte (along with the other designers that left Palm) for the creation of webOS.
    That would be a little too much credit.

Duarte was responsible for the GUI, nothing more. It's arguably the best GUI out there, and it's the first thing that people will notice with webOS, but the GUI is only a portion of the entire operating system.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
  4.    #64  
    we need better coders and people with experience, like a a calendar guru or email senior manager. and HP need to hire more senior managers for TP.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Jon is probably moved because he couldn't keep up with strict schedule, or provide one when asked. This probably doesn't have direct relations with TP reviews or sales numbers. He made HP CEO looks like imbecile few times.
    Will webOS suffer or progress, it's really too early to tell, but I can bet, Leo's future webOS announcements will be taken more seriously by his staff.
    i think Ruby should stay and be more of engineer than manager
    Quote Originally Posted by frogpre View Post
    i think Ruby should stay and be more of engineer than manager
    Because he engineered Pixi and Pre so nicely? Underclocked CPUs, WiFi-less Pixi, TMC Pixi, Oreo Pre? No man, let him go.
    dj ozone likes this.
  8.    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    Because he engineered Pixi and Pre so nicely? Underclocked CPUs, WiFi-less Pixi, TMC Pixi, Oreo Pre? No man, let him go.
    I think, now that he longer is making big decisions, he can stay and help develop webOS even further.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234