Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By HelloNNNewman
  • 1 Post By sketch42
  • 1 Post By deCorvett
  1.    #1  
    See his blog jaaksi.blogspot.com. I was surprised to see he discusses extreme examples of people setting up bunches of accounts with thousands of entries at one time (Facebook, Skype etc). But you don't have to bring that extreme case to see the issues with the tablet.

    I am concerned that a guy with the title of head of webOS services is not acknowledging the basic issues in that blog post and working to fix them. The only thing he acknowledges is a few errors in the dictionary. Really?

    Does not look good for HP Palm.
  2. #2  
    Am I nuts or is syncing your Exchange account, connecting your Facebook and Skype accounts, and possibly a photo sharing account normal usage?

    Isn't that the point of Synergy?
  3. #3  
    Perhaps he's just excited about the possibilities of the platform. Palm has been active on this forum and their own collecting info from users. They announced an upcoming OTA update to address many issues... Why would he have to use his own personal blog to address stuff the company is addressing currently? (rhetorical question)
    carr76013 likes this.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Perhaps he's just excited about the possibilities of the platform. Palm has been active on this forum and their own collecting info from users. They announced an upcoming OTA update to address many issues... Why would he have to use his own personal blog to address stuff the company is addressing currently? (rhetorical question)
    He is addressing issues in the post. They are narrow ones like the dictionary omission. Very strange.
    Kerris seems more adroit.
  5.    #5  
    He's talking about the TouchPad, a major product launch from one week ago and he's the head of webOS apparently and his title is on the blog.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    See his blog jaaksi.blogspot.com. I was surprised to see he discusses extreme examples of people setting up bunches of accounts with thousands of entries at one time (Facebook, Skype etc). But you don't have to bring that extreme case to see the issues with the tablet.

    I am concerned that a guy with the title of head of webOS services is not acknowledging the basic issues in that blog post and working to fix them. The only thing he acknowledges is a few errors in the dictionary. Really?

    Does not look good for HP Palm.
    He's picking at the reviewers peeves.. And their judgement based on the fact that they (the reviewers) where syncing all their data plus downloading all their music.. And commenting on sluggishness after clearing the first use app.

    He acknowledges that the first use app even while doing all that shouldn't bog down the system, and are actively fixing that.

    Also the silly spelling that the reviewers harped on, is what he meant by that.

    Please realize he's answering the reviewers NOT consumers

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    He's picking at the reviewers peeves.. And their judgement based on the fact that they (the reviewers) where syncing all their data plus downloading all their music.. And commenting on sluggishness after clearing the first use app.

    He acknowledges that the first use app even while doing all that shouldn't bog down the system, and are actively fixing that.

    Also the silly spelling that the reviewers harped on, is what he meant by that.

    Please realize he's answering the reviewers NOT consumers

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    OK, I can see that. Its not readily apparent and I think he will be open to people reading it the way I did initially. If I were him, I would make it more clear so as to exclude any misunderstanding (or take it down).
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    OK, I can see that. Its not readily apparent and I think he will be open to people reading it the way I did initially. If I were him, I would make it more clear so as to exclude any misunderstanding (or take it down).
    .. I guess .. If its possible to be misunderstood thAn yea.. He should update it
  9. #9  
    he raises good points.

    It's doing a lot in those first few days. Imagine the impact on battery life too. The only technical solution I see is for more user feedback when all this syncing and indexing is going on. I'm thinking some form of 'high load' notification that links to a more detailed background service monitor.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    he raises good points.

    It's doing a lot in those first few days. Imagine the impact on battery life too. The only technical solution I see is for more user feedback when all this syncing and indexing is going on. I'm thinking some form of 'high load' notification that links to a more detailed background service monitor.
    than people would think they are getting Tmc errors or worse.. On STARTUP!!!
  11. #11  
    I think his comment is spot-on - and I think it is a marketing problem - the process of syncing even a few accounts slows webOS For the first few hours - but those hours are critical in user satisfaction.

    I think all it needs is to have an option - 'synchronising this account will take several hours and will slow your touchpad - do you want to do this now or layer?
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    than people would think they are getting Tmc errors or worse.. On STARTUP!!!
    I dont think it's the same thing. unlike TMC it doesn't stop you doing anything. it could have a fairly high threshold, such that one or two simulatious syncs wont trigger it. the notification would just be a link to the background service monitor. you could disable it, or raise the threshold.
  13. #13  
    I could care less about the touchpad and veer, except I hope they succeed.

    what bothers me more is no mention of the pre3. I want the pre3 like NOW, and no one from hp is talking about it anymore.
  14. lupos's Avatar
    Posts
    276 Posts
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    #14  
    Yea he is absolutely talking about the fact that people don't realize how much the OS is doign int he background for those first couple days while they also attempt to review the unit. Unless you are a working for a huge site that allows you a good week or more to review single item, or a webos specific site you will probably use the TP for all of two days at most before reviewing it. It will seem laggy and the battery life will be poor. To this day one of the things that seems to chew up the most battery for me is installing/uninstalling apps and syncing new accounts on my pre. All the user reviews on here seem to be VERY positive, especially the ones that have been using it for a few days before making judgments. We also are all used to the pain of first sync from having doctored a few times
  15. #15  
    I didn't have read his post, but just ask to most Touchpad owners what they think about the reviews...

    I'm still asking what they've smoke while writing that wonderful piece of...

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad
    Newness Developments apps:

    Theonlyix likes this.

Posting Permissions