1.    #1  
    Hi all,

here is an interesting column discussing the pros and cons of licensing webOS out. Nice food for thought!

Take care,

Jay

Will other companies license HP's webOS? And will this strategy work?
    July 8, 2011 2:15pm ET | By Phil Goldstein

Will other companies license HP's webOS? And will this strategy work? - FierceWireless

Hewlett-Packard's confirmation last week that it is in talks with a number of companies to license webOS set off a flurry of speculation over the potential partners HP is negotiating with.
    I don't have any inside scoop on those companies, or where the negotiations stand, though HP CEO Leo Apotheker said there is "no time pressure" to complete a deal. However, from talking with a range of analysts, it seems there are two schools of thought: either HP is talking to a handset maker looking to hedge its bets on Google's (NASDAQ:GOOG) Android platform, or a nontraditional company such as Amazon.com.

Read more: Will other companies license HP's webOS? And will this strategy work? - FierceWireless Will other companies license HP's webOS? And will this strategy work? - FierceWireless
    Subscribe: Wireless News, Wireless Newsletter - FierceWireless
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    It makes sense with Motorola. There was a rumor they are upset with Androids fragmented status and if they didn't want to make their own os but rather work with HP it would be good . Hell what if Moto was in talks to buy palm and that's how this deal start ed
    I really don't believe Motorola or Samsung are in talks (if they are) with HP because Android fragmentation issue or any frustration related to Android itself. I think there is far more simple reason behind this talks - webOS has some features missing in Android or WP7, and this companies have resources to include webOS devices in their portfolio.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    i think #1 choice now are samsung and #2 is LG only because they have lines of tv's and mp3 players among other electronics. at least that what i guess based on what HP is saying about ecosystems
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
  5. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    just downloaded the CBS Sports app did you see who IN PART developed the app??? Is this indication if HTC getting into webOS?