Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree22Likes
  1. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    Fixed in iOS5 which will ship in a couple of months.
    Oh well, we have a disagreement here. I thought this should have been part of the iPhone during 2009 time. That makes it two years for Apple to catch up with just notifications.

In addition, they took a good year or so for the universal search. Which is even more refined in Touchpad. You can add searches for many websites.

Again, as an operating system webOS is a good two years ahead.

Lets agree to disagree. Lets talk something about what actually Peter Rojas said.
    Confusing gbp. Based on the current WebOS and IOS functionality, what exactly is WebOS two years ahead on? What happened (or did not) in 2009/2010 is not the question that ADGrant asked.

Conversely, are there features/capabilities that you would agree IOS has a 1-2 year advantage over WebOS?
  3. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Really mobile View Post
    Confusing gbp. Based on the current WebOS and IOS functionality, what exactly is WebOS two years ahead on? What happened (or did not) in 2009/2010 is not the question that ADGrant asked.

Conversely, are there features/capabilities that you would agree IOS has a 1-2 year advantage over WebOS?
    Yes I agree,

Can you add wikipedia, cnn, worldpress to the search feature of the iOS ?
    Can you give a five row keyboard to the users ?
    Can you do a touch to share functionality ?

These are some of the features that webOS currently has. Based on the past experience with iOS and how long it took for Apple to catch up on things I said it is a good two years ahead. Features like unobtrusivene notifications , cut & paste, multi tasking and universal search took time for Apple.

Sure I agree that iOS has some features better than any OS. The best that comes to my mind is the touch experience. You touch it, the app opens. There is no lag. There is no touching second time. The moment you touch the OS registers it. This iOS touch feature is probably a good X years ahead of Android/webOs/Playbook......
  4. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    I would add the sensors just work on iOS. Period.

The proximity sensor is excellent, you close the iPad cover it blanks out, open it a little the screen is back.

When you turn the device from landscape to portrait mode it just does it as you expect. No more shaking or tilting.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    I would add the sensors just work on iOS. Period.

The proximity sensor is excellent, you close the iPad cover it blanks out, open it a little the screen is back.

When you turn the device from landscape to portrait mode it just does it as you expect. No more shaking or tilting.
    While shaking is sometimes needed on WebOS, the iPad is too sensitive. It turns when you don't want it to. And my iPad does stay on when I close the case [original from apple.] and doesn't always wake up until I hit the button. I don't have an iPad2 so I can't address that, and my TP hasn't shipped yet, so I am only going on hearsay, so I won't address whether it's good or not. But I have been using WebOS for over a year now and I love some of the features that are not available on any other OS AFIAK!
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    This would be about brand recognition. HP is slow to react. They practically watched apple and google innovate and flood the market. webos is an excellent platform but they have to restrategize.
    After one month on the market, the TouchPad is #2 on Amazon, has more reviews per month than both iPad 1 and iPad 2 (actually around as many reviews per month as iPad 1 and iPad 2 combined) AND a higher star rating - which, due to the higher number of reviews per month, is less likely to be influenced by outliers.

I'm not sure that HP should turn it around.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123