Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    You're funny!!!

My EVO started out with Eclair, got updated to Froyo, and now is enjoying Gingerbread. My battery life is way better than it ever was with my Pre-.

Perhaps you read this thread title and decided to change it to "If you can't beat them, drag out old arguments that never held water in the first place to try to put them down".
    I'm glad your Evo is working great for you. I'm sure plenty of Samsung made android phones wouldn't be as pleased about how their updates have been coming along. And I'm sure LG Revolution (as just one example) owners wouldn't agree about better battery life. There are dozens and dozens of android models out there now. Some are great, some are not so great. You can't mock my argument because your particular device is one of the good ones. Besides, I've heard plenty of examples from people who returned Evo's because their battery drained so fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thead View Post
    I'm glad your Evo is working great for you. I'm sure plenty of Samsung made android phones wouldn't be as pleased about how their updates have been coming along. And I'm sure LG Revolution (as just one example) owners wouldn't agree about better battery life. There are dozens and dozens of android models out there now. Some are great, some are not so great. You can't mock my argument because your particular device is one of the good ones. Besides, I've heard plenty of examples from people who returned Evo's because their battery drained so fast.
    You're right, first of all I apologize for mocking -- its just that there is so much misinformation out there. Second, you're right about Samsung -- my daughter has an Epic and Samsung is TERRIBLY slow with updates (and that concerns me greatly to hear that HP is in talks with them to license webOS to them).

But, you made the blanket statement concerning all Android phones and that simply is not the case. Are there bad models and manufacturers? Sure, but that is one of the nice things about Android, despite all the talk of "fragmentation", at least it gives consumers a choice. Instead of relying solely on one vendor for hardware and OS, you have the ability to make your own decision on which phone is the right one for you.
    What I don't get is the constant complaining here by people who claim to have moved on.

Why are you still here?

It can't be for the nice atmosphere - because you do your part in poisoning it all the time.

That webos phones had hardware issues and it took too long for many to come out with better hardware is not news anymore.

For those of us who still prefer our webos phones over what the competition has to offer - how is that a problem that needs constant bashing by people who claim to be objective and accuse everybody who disagrees with sticking their heads in sand?

You were unhappy with your webos smartphone and switched to something else? Good for you. You should get what you like the most. That's fine.

But why brag about your Evo (or whatever Android superphone of the week) or Iphone and complain about PreX or Veer all the time? What's the point?
    You were disappointed - you moved on - please stay moved on. There is no value in having the zillionth "I moved on because ..." , "I hate to say it, but ...", etc thread. Just add a me-too to one of the many existing threads if you feel you must make your voice heard.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    You're right, first of all I apologize for mocking -- its just that there is so much misinformation out there. Second, you're right about Samsung -- my daughter has an Epic and Samsung is TERRIBLY slow with updates (and that concerns me greatly to hear that HP is in talks with them to license webOS to them).

But, you made the blanket statement concerning all Android phones and that simply is not the case. Are there bad models and manufacturers? Sure, but that is one of the nice things about Android, despite all the talk of "fragmentation", at least it gives consumers a choice. Instead of relying solely on one vendor for hardware and OS, you have the ability to make your own decision on which phone is the right one for you.
    Thanks for the apology . And you're right, I did make blanket negative statements about android. But I did it intentionally in the context of the topic. This op wasn't asking to discuss the strengths and weaknesses of android vs webos. He was describing how his friends were ridiculing him about everything related to webos. I was trying to give equally exaggerated negatives about android for him to point out to his friends that android isn't without its flaws as well. And in some cases android has the same flaws that webos does. I know my comments were unfair to android as a whole, but the op's friends were being unfair to webos first. I just decided to stoop to their level
    i already moved on and have about 4 months under my belt. at the rate HP is going i will be at about 8 months into my contract. by then a new HP phone will be out or the update for my WS 7 will be out. i am very excited in both the WS 7.5, mango and the Pre3.

i think within the the delay the specs will get some kind of a bump. HP is smart enough to know that what they announced in Feb is now out dated

the thing i am shocked at is how HP is letting the WebOS community slip away. my bro and 2 friends that i got to change over to the Pre 2 have all moved on because of the lack of communication and the secret game HP is playing.

if there is anything good about this for HP all of us have said they would like to come back to WebOS depending on new specs on new hardware
  6.    #26  
    Is your bro and 2 friends looking to sell their Pre 2s? I'm so sick of being far behind on a pre minus running 1.4.5, I want to build a sprint pre 2 as posted on webos internals. I looked on Ebay but they are ridiculously overpriced. I can't justify paying more than $150 for a used pre2 when it still has the small 3.1" screen and no auto focus on the camera.
    Everyone I know around me uses iPhones. The sad thing is, none of them know how to use them other than download app, launch app. Half of them didnt even know how to use the multitasking when it came to the iPhone and had a bunch of apps running at the same time wondering why their phone was running slow. I had to show them. lol. So anyone like that cant really laugh at webOS.

Me personally, its not about the specs (camera, screen size, blah blah blah). Its about the user experience and to me, webOS is a WAY better user experience than iPhone or Android. You just have to know how to show them what makes it better.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12