1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I never gave it any thought until just now...since I have a Centro, (which I will be giving up as soon as the Pre3 is released) and a stand alone Garmin GPS.

1. How does the GPS on the Pre line work...by that I mean does it eat into you data plan?

2. Or does the GPS work independent of your data plan?

3. Does one need to take GPS from the Cell Providers or does stand alone software work?

I do remember reading that some of the Cell Providers and at least one version of webOS has problems with the GPS.

(I think V has disabled the GPS either due to their system or their insistence that you have to take GPS service from them. I also think I read that webOS 1.xx had problems with Google maping...is it an issue with other mapping such as the mapping that most GPS units use)?

As you can tell from my line of questions this is something that I know NOTHING about...

Thanks as always,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    the gps in my pre2 is excellent, but I will always prefer mh garmin for navigation in the car.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    the gps in my pre2 is excellent, but I will always prefer mh garmin for navigation in the car.

Hi,

I'm using a Centro so I don't have GPS in the phone.. I have a 5 1/2 year old Garmin which I think should be surgically implanted in my brain, LOL.

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    I presume you want Satnav. GPS barely uses any data.

I think verizon had some issues with the Pre Plus for AGPS assistance. As far as I know the Pre2 is immune.

Google maps is nearly useless as a satnav, but works ok while static with a really good data connection.

I much prefer a seperate satnav.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    I presume you want Satnav. GPS barely uses any data.

I think verizon had some issues with the Pre Plus for AGPS assistance. As far as I know the Pre2 is immune.

Google maps is nearly useless as a satnav, but works ok while static with a really good data connection.

I much prefer a seperate satnav.
    Hi,

Is there a difference between Satnav and GPS??? I always thought they are one and the same....

I have Garmin Nuvi 250 for a long time....however there are times I don't want to shcleep both... thanks as always, Jay