1.    #1  
    In this article the writer makes some real good points and also points out that most complaints have been about hardward design(not specs) and the lack of apps.I can add that it migt have some bugs but it's software and there will be updates for those bugs.But if those are the only problems then I'am very optimistic about WebOS and the TouchPad's future.

heres snippet from the article.

"Reviews of the TouchPad--including from PCWorld's Melissa Perenson--so far haven't been entirely favorable, it's true. What I think is exciting, though, is that most criticisms of the device focus on its hardware and relative paucity of apps. WebOS itself, by contrast, is garnering considerable praise, suggesting that WebOS--and Linux--have an exciting future on a raft of new devices, even beyond what Android has already achieved."

Full article

The HP TouchPad's Best Feature Is Linux | PCWorld Business Center
    I don't know exactly what the point with Linux is in this article, besides Symbian and Windows Phone all the other more or less successful mobile plattforms are based on Linux:
    -Android
    -Meego
    -Maemo
    -iOS (ok it's a Unix-Derivate)

The only thing webOS differentiates from the others in terms of linux is the openess to patching without breaking rules of the developer. This is great, but has only something to do with the developer HP/Palm and not linux.

So a positive article about webOS is good, but i don't get the point why the best feature of the TouchPad is Linux.
    no, what he says is: he's excited because reviews were down on the hardware but always praised webOS, which he thinks is going to have a great future - to which he adds a comment that that means linux is going to have a great future.

he's not saying that linux is what's great about webOS; he's saying that the success of webOS is going to be great for linux.