1.    #1  
    I am about to be the owner of a Treo 270. I am very excited :-)

I would like to know how easy it will be to migrate my existing Palm IIIx databases and applications over to the Treo.

Specifically, if I just hotsync the Treo with my existing desktop, will that 'fool' it and install all my apps and data? Or am I asking for big trouble?

Is the 'phone' software installed in ROM or NVRAM (whatever) or can that be toasted by a user mistake?

I suppose the alternative is to install the new apps manually one at a time, but I would rather do it the easiest way possible.

Also, is it possible to use something like Flashpro to access flash memory in the Treo? That is, does it actually have any that we can access for a few extra Mb?

Thanks in advance. Look forward to one day being able to help others (if I don't blow it up first...
    Originally posted by lewko
    I am about to be the owner of a Treo 270. I am very excited :-)

I would like to know how easy it will be to migrate my existing Palm IIIx databases and applications over to the Treo.

Specifically, if I just hotsync the Treo with my existing desktop, will that 'fool' it and install all my apps and data? Or am I asking for big trouble?
    I share your joy and excitement and knows the suspense of the wait. Welcome to the Club!

I switched from Palm IIIxe to the Treo 180g and was able to "migrate" seamlessly without any loss of data. Just setup the Treo 270 with the same user name for your Palm IIIx.

Do not erase the Palm Desktop data under your Palm IIIx after doing a hotsync to backup. You're right! It kinda "fooled" the PalmOS into thinking that you're using the same device

Enjoy your Treo !
    <!-- sig -->
    <div>
    <font color="blue"><font size="1"><b>&quot;A Decade Ago, Simply Palm. Now, its a Palm for All.&quot;</b></font></font><br />
    <a href="http://www.phlog.net/user/thimbuktu" target="_blank"><b>Thimbuktu Phlog</a> </font></a>
    </div>
    <!-- / sig -->