Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    So, WSJ from yesterday metioned that HP is developing an e-reader for Borders....

" the new e-reader H-P has under development in Borders' stores, along with other products. Borders, in turn, could offer customers discounts for downloading books from HP's e-reader in stores, among other promotions. H-P declined to comment."

Would be nice to get a slimdown version of the Touchpad, a WEBOS version of NOOK with a browser and Synergy!!

Immigrant Moguls Vie to Write Future of Borders - WSJ.com
    An e-reader could very well be my first webOS purchase.
    Last edited by mafia; 06/25/2011 at 04:46 PM.
    /EU/GR/
    Not a bad idea, I've always seen an e-book as a necessary thing to expand market share and establish a presence.

But... probably the wrong partner. How much reach does Borders have these days?

C
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )
    Quote Originally Posted by crg28 View Post
    So, WSJ from yesterday metioned that HP is developing an e-reader for Borders....

" the new e-reader H-P has under development in Borders' stores, along with other products. Borders, in turn, could offer customers discounts for downloading books from HP's e-reader in stores, among other promotions. H-P declined to comment."

Would be nice to get a slimdown version of the Touchpad, a WEBOS version of NOOK with a browser and Synergy!!

Immigrant Moguls Vie to Write Future of Borders - WSJ.com
    Is this a joke? I thought Borders was going down the bankruptcy tubes.

Interesting partnering.

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisys Mom View Post
    Is this a joke? I thought Borders was going down the bankruptcy tubes.

Interesting partnering.
    That may be the motivation.. The Nook is really saving B&N's **** right now.
    Seems a bit odd. I thought Borders was already partnering with Kobo?
    Very interesting and yes I don't think Border and Barnes and Noble who make the Nook are the same group. Actually, to be specific Barnes and Noble and Books-A-Million are the same the same company or partners in relation to their online book sales and Nook optimization.

It would be cool if webOS supported both Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Books-A-Million, and Borders so that anyone's offering would be acceptable. My wife has a Nook Color and loves it now that it is rooted and allows direct access to Overdrive for Android. Would love to see some Overdrive for webOS, but I'm not holding my breath. Though, you never know! Sorli...