Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Hi,

It apears that Treo doesn't recognize 4-digit caller-id. I tried to put it in quick dial and adress book but it doesn't work. It seems to bug in phone software. (the same bug existed in VisorPhone too.)

btw, I talked to friend who recently bought Treo switching from regular mobile phones. She expected to easily migrate all her numbers she had on SIM card. And she was very disapointed after she dicovered that there's no easy way to copy all SIM card entries to adress book. The only way is one- by-one through QuickDial. 150 numbers

Kreso
    What is 4-digit caller ID? Don't you have to have 7 digits to phone someone?

Also, you can copy all SIM numbers over. Launch the SIM Book application. Go to the menu and select "Copy all...".
    Regarding "Copy All" for the SIM book, It does not copy the SIM Book to the Address Book..... It will COPY ALL SIM contacts to the Speed Dial !!!!????
    Do not know what a stupid programmer would ever think to do it like that????
    Why not to address Book then we can assign it to Speed Dial by LOOK-UP option!!!!!!!!!!!
    Good point. I didn't pay close enough attention to that.
    I see you are in Zagreb. Sounds like your network operator is offering an unusual feature on their local network which is not common elsewhere. I am in the US and spend time in Eu also but have not come across this feature before.
    Our network operator has a nice feature. In our company, everybody has a 6-digit direct number for the landline phone, like xxxxx545. If I call that person from my mobile, I dial *545. To reach the same personís mobile, I dial *645. But the Treo does not recognize 3 digits. Not even the * (star). I use KeyContact to dial, and it works OK, But when I receive a call, the Treo do not identify the 3-digits.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Poryphyron
    I see you are in Zagreb. Sounds like your network operator is offering an unusual feature on their local network which is not common elsewhere. I am in the US and spend time in Eu also but have not come across this feature before.
    My operator (VIPnet) offers special service for companies so that you can talk for free for calls inside the company. Commercial name for this service is VPN.

So, when I receive a call from someone from my company it has only 4 digit. And I can call people with only 4 digits too.

I tried with number of "regular" GSM phones (Nokia, Siemens, Erricson) and they all recognize 4-digit caller-id ! So, I am pretty sure that this is not limitation of GSM arhitecture. It must be simple and stuppid bug in Treo software.

Kreso