1.    #1  
    Should HP buy Quickoffice ?

Quickoffice and DataViz Docs to Go are the most reliable mobile office software out in the market.

Palm usually launched DataViz Docs to Go editable versions with the before world famous PDAs and Treos and in the Pre and Pixi smartphones as a viewer.

It did not come editable for webOS devices anytime and RIM is the owner of DataViz Docs to Go since last year.

QuickOffice was the second option the Palm OS devices user had. Now with HP webOS it is available just as a viewer.

However, Quickoffice at this time is a powerful mobile office software for Appe iOS (QuickOffice Pro for iphone and QuickOffice HD for iPad) , Android (QuickOffice Pro and Quickoffice HD), Nokia Symbian (QuickOffice Premier 6) and HP webOS (QuickOffice Connect Mobile Suit viewer)

Does QuickOffice looks juicy for mobile at this time ?

HP this is a healthy investment you might look at. Are Google, Nokia, Samsung or HTC having an eye on it?

You better hurry.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    Should HP buy Quickoffice ?

Quickoffice and DataViz Docs to Go are the most reliable mobile office software out in the market.

Palm usually launched DataViz Docs to Go editable versions with the before world famous PDAs and Treos and in the Pre and Pixi smartphones as a viewer.

It did not come editable for webOS devices anytime and RIM is the owner of DataViz Docs to Go since last year.

QuickOffice was the second option the Palm OS devices user had. Now with HP webOS it is available just as a viewer.

However, Quickoffice at this time is a powerful mobile office software for Appe iOS (QuickOffice Pro for iphone and QuickOffice HD for iPad) , Android (QuickOffice Pro and Quickoffice HD), Nokia Symbian (QuickOffice Premier 6) and HP webOS (QuickOffice Connect Mobile Suit viewer)

Does QuickOffice looks juicy for mobile at this time ?

HP this is a healthy investment you might look at. Are Google, Nokia, Samsung or HTC having an eye on it?

You better hurry.
    Google already has a competitive product they just need to make available for offline use in Google Docs. Microsoft has Office live, Apple has iWork, RIM has Dataviz, Nokia will be using Microsoft, HTC and Samsung will split between MS and Google most likely.

I would say that it would be in HP's best interest to purchase the company and have more control over getting their product releases prioritized for webOS first. It falls into the same strategy they had for purchasing Palm and webOS.

That being said, it would be nice if companies didn't have to build freaking everything under the sun themselves. It seems awfully anti-competitive.
    I'm 50/50
    it would be nice but as Nhavar said there are other options. I would probably just buy it IF I could stop MS from developing any versions or progs of their own.
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    I say buy it
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Maybe we'll get lucky, and RIM will sell off DataViz/Docs to Go ;-) They still support non-RIM platforms (even PalmOS!!!).

And please, Google Docs isn't really a solution in the enterprise. No fortune 500 company will let their users put their docs into google (or the cloud). And not being able to edit (or even read!) docs on airplanes and subways and trains?

I think the Times or the Wall Street Journal reviewed a chrome laptop last week, and their conclusion was that the cloud just wasn't ready.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Also, did Palm PAY Dataviz? I think they licensed the suite from them, even the editable version for some Treo's, I think.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    I can't imagine the reason that doc editing isn't available on the webos platform has much to do with obtaining the software. It has to do something with the limitations of webos' internal working, such as file system and storage.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    how would it create value to hp though ?
    i think what they are doing now is probably better for both companies, as hp doesnt need to spend the money buying a company and quickoffice gets to sell to as many platforms as it wants
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Would be great...but then what does QuickOffice have to offer for the money needed to make the purchase??? I've only heard of QuickOffice's document editor capability and I am unfamiliar with with anything else they do. Sorli...
    Quote Originally Posted by nhavar View Post
    Google already has a competitive product they just need to make available for offline use in Google Docs. Microsoft has Office live, Apple has iWork, RIM has Dataviz, Nokia will be using Microsoft, HTC and Samsung will split between MS and Google most likely.

I would say that it would be in HP's best interest to purchase the company and have more control over getting their product releases prioritized for webOS first. It falls into the same strategy they had for purchasing Palm and webOS.

That being said, it would be nice if companies didn't have to build freaking everything under the sun themselves. It seems awfully anti-competitive.
    come to think of it, H/P doesnt need to buy quickoffice, the only OS left is webOS, all others have their own solution. So in order to stay in game quickoffice has to develop for webOS
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quickoffice is hoping HP will buy them, they want a crazy price , HP said NO, so Qucikoffice is dragging their feet for the touchpad, in an attempt to force HP to buy them.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    Quickoffice is hoping HP will buy them, they want a crazy price , HP said NO, so Qucikoffice is dragging their feet for the touchpad, in an attempt to force HP to buy them.
    Good point