Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    New Video: Meet webOS


    Sherief Ibrahim, category leader for webOS at HP Canada, provides an introduction to HP's unique operating system -- webOS -- and demonstrates how businesses can leverage the power of webOS to stay connected, productive and secure.



    Video:
  2. #2  
    Thanks for sharing this one. What a snoozer of a video though.
    webOS user since 20090606.
  3. #3  
    There is something new though and major. At the 4:30 mark he says...

    "..., webOS comes with software that makes it easy for you to update and edit your documents on the go, whether they are Word, Excel or Powerpoint."
    Last edited by johncc; 06/14/2011 at 10:08 PM.
  4. #4  
    Sheesh that's long. But it pretty much covered it all.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Thanks for sharing this one. What a snoozer of a video though.
    Nah, I disagree - this is their pitch to Enterprises.

    There's a lot of fuss on these forums about whether HP can ever hope to compete with Apple. I think their target is RIM. And if they can follow through with the promises in vids like this, they've got a pretty compelling argument.
  6. #6  
    In a another thread someone was questioning whether one can edit powerpoint with the quick office app, right at the end of this video he states that powerpoint can be edited.
  7. ijip's Avatar
    Posts
    885 Posts
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    #7  
    docs to go/ or quick office i cant remember then name now.. but thats been said since the feb 9th event....
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by blinktreo View Post
    Nah, I disagree - this is their pitch to Enterprises.

    There's a lot of fuss on these forums about whether HP can ever hope to compete with Apple. I think their target is RIM. And if they can follow through with the promises in vids like this, they've got a pretty compelling argument.
    This must be a corporate/enterprise targeted video. The average consumer will look at this video & go, boorring. If I wasn't a webOS fan I would have stopped watching it after 30 secs, heck after about 3.5 mins I couldn't sit through it anymore.

    I pretty much liked all the recent youtube videos released so far, but this one gets a (from an avg consumer point of view).
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    There is something new though and major. At the 4:30 mark he says...

    "..., webOS comes with software that makes it easy for you to update and edit your documents on the go, whether they are Word, Excel or Powerpoint."
    Thanks and yes I also noticed that. He mentions it twice so I guess we can guarantee it will be included Quickoffice that is. Very Cool! Sorli...
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    docs to go/ or quick office i cant remember then name now.. but thats been said since the feb 9th event....
    It has been said that it was planned before, but not that it was there.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by blinktreo View Post
    Nah, I disagree - this is their pitch to Enterprises.

    There's a lot of fuss on these forums about whether HP can ever hope to compete with Apple. I think their target is RIM. And if they can follow through with the promises in vids like this, they've got a pretty compelling argument.
    I understand that and agree, but just because you're making a pitch to enterprise doesn't mean production quality needs to go out the window. A minute-long locked-down shot of a guy's face does not an exciting video make.
    webOS user since 20090606.
  12. #12  
    What was that at about 3:05??? Some sort of 3D CAD Viewer or just a video????
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    What was that at about 3:05??? Some sort of 3D CAD Viewer or just a video????
    That's the same Citrix Receiver app shown in almost every TP demo video since Feb 9th. You'd think they'd change up the object being designed every now and then - getting tired of seeing that personal propulsion unit, or whatever it is.
    webOS user since 20090606.
  14.    #14  
    quickoffice editable finally is confirmed on this video for the TouchPad

    Why quickoffice website stills for you to be notified when is editable available, maybe the wait is just for smartphones, .

Posting Permissions