1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Please use the link to read the rest of this article...

take care,

Jay

Top Executive at H.P. Steps Down
    By VERNE G. KOPYTOFF, June 13, 2011, 7:12 pm

Top Executive at H.P. Steps Down - NYTimes.com

Ann Livermore, a fixture at Hewlett-Packard for nearly three decades, will step down from leading the company’s enterprise business as part of a broader management overhaul.

The shake-up, announced on Monday, comes as Leo Apotheker, H.P.’s chief executive, tries to reinvigorate the company after a series of disappointing financial forecasts.

Ms. Livermore, who joined H.P. out of graduate school and is one of the most prominent women executives in the technology industry, will become a board member, H.P. said. She will continue to serve in her current management role until a replacement is found.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    heard they fired her
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    No, they asked her to step down, along with a few others - she is key enough that they asked her to be on the Board of Directors, which is probably a smart move.

She took over HP as interim CEO after Hurd was let go. She stated, clearly, that she didn't want the job, permanently, back then.

I believe Apotheker is trying to reduce the bureacracy by getting rid of some of the very old guard - they are likely resistant to the streamlining and changes he wants to institute.

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

4.    #4  
    Hi all,

I agree with you 100%. Leo is doing what many new CEO's to existing companies, pruning out dead wood, (so to speak) & as the expression goes "a new broom......"

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group