Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Promoting in a viral and personal way is a good idea, however my personal experience is, that it is really hard to promote WebOS.
    I am talking a lot to my friends about the "right" phone. But the phenomenon I see with Iphone users is, that whatever problems they have, they would never admit, that there is something better out there.

Android users are a bit different, they look more on the facts and lots of them are really interested in WebOS, but fear the little amount of Apps.
    Which I have to agree on. It is the biggest argument against WebOS for Average Joe right now.

400K Apps might not be needed, and most people are not using more than 10, but the average user is not thinking this way. For him quantity means security on finding what he needs.

So as good as personal advertisement and recommendation of WebOS is, I think HP needs to get that out of the heads of the people. Either way copying all the market leading Apps or offer better incentives for developers to port their software.

Greetings
    Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by chris42 View Post
    400K Apps might not be needed, and most people are not using more than 10, but the average user is not thinking this way. For him quantity means security on finding what he needs.
    Well said, even though they might not use more than a handful of apps, there is probably an app of their local bank and radio station available for iOS (or And) that they'd like to use, when there are that many apps.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12