1.    #1  
    So I popped into BB to check out the HP counter. Its def up front right next to the Apple iPad display. The only thing on there so far is a non functional Veer. Pretty lame. People were right though, youve got to see that thing in person to believe how small it is! I picked it up and the alarm went off. Apparently its faulty. No one approached me or talked about it either. I must have stood there looking at it for a good 5 minutes.
    Those Best Buy alarms are so annoying! They go off even when you just touch the device. Best Buy better change the sensitivity of them before they scare anymore customers from returning to their store.
    i wonder whether its a good thing being placed right next to the iPad. i mean, it doesn't take much to persuade me toward the Touchpad but will not the average tablet shopper just gravitate toward the Ipad since its pretty much a household name?
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I stopped at a BB store in St. Louis. They had the Veer up front with the other cell phones. They were really dirty and one was just a non functional display model. I went back to the tablets and asked two reps if they had the Touchpad display out yet. They hadn't the slightest idea what a touchpad was and didn't care to discuss it with me. Tried to push me to other tablets in the store. Hope training is coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsetter883 View Post
    i wonder whether its a good thing being placed right next to the iPad. i mean, it doesn't take much to persuade me toward the Touchpad but will not the average tablet shopper just gravitate toward the Ipad since its pretty much a household name?
    It could work the opposite way as well. Since most people don't know what a Touchpad is, they may go in looking for the iPad and then see the Touchpad and give it a go as well.
    Follow Imperial Penguin on Twitter @imppeng
    Like Imperial Penguin on Facebook
    we have functional veers at my bb

naturallly I loaded it up w some of my free apps
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    naturallly I loaded it up w some of my free apps
    Did you notice an increase in downloads after doing that? ;-)
    Follow Imperial Penguin on Twitter @imppeng
    Like Imperial Penguin on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by remmy View Post
    So I popped into BB to check out the HP counter. Its def up front right next to the Apple iPad display. The only thing on there so far is a non functional Veer. Pretty lame. People were right though, youve got to see that thing in person to believe how small it is! I picked it up and the alarm went off. Apparently its faulty. No one approached me or talked about it either. I must have stood there looking at it for a good 5 minutes.
    Yes in my BB that alarm cable was stuck in the upper left of the touchscreen display and the Veer is smaller then usual, which means the demo units have less display to show off.

I'm not for certain, but I suspect BB did this Alarm Key placement purposely to cover some of the screen. I'll have to look at the Android devices and see where they place the alarm key.

I can guarantee that Apple iPad and iPhone displays don't have a lock cable stuck to the front of its display. HP needs to have this fixed in my BB and across the country if they are doing the same.

BB idiots...heck the guy who sets up the displays probably loves Android and does everything he can to make everything else look worse! Time to do some checking in my local BB and looking forward to what others here also have scene. Sorli...
    I went to the local BB here in Paramus. No big display up. Considering how the place is set up The Apple stand is on another floor. Had a Veer running in the phone area. I think that it's BB Corp that is telling them where to place the alarms. As was mentioned before they have a lousy placement when it comes to securing these devices. (HP better get all up in them). Otherwise there will be no way they can demo TTS to the Touch Pad. Now that I've seen the Veer it is def that small and then some. Will say would love to have that and a Pre3. This way I could pull the gsm chip out of one and place in the other. Depending on what I was doing that day.