Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    Hi All,

    I would like to erase all entries within my calendar, addresses, todo, and memo, however, i do not want to erase my programs or other settings.

    Is there a way to do this? Your fast reply is appreciated!

    Thanks
  2. #2  
    Here's an idea:

    Create a new profile in Palm Desktop. Then go into the backup folder and install onto your *old* profile (the one on your Treo) the appropriate files, which now contain nothing.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the reply Kurt, however, i don't have my backup module with me (which is why i got into this mess in the first place) and I don't want to deal with creating/deleting new profiles.

    Ther'es gotta be a database or file that I can delete with FILEZ on my visor to just blank out the calendar and contacts!
  4. #4  
    Originally posted by MitzEclipse
    Thanks for the reply Kurt, however, i don't have my backup module with me (which is why i got into this mess in the first place) and I don't want to deal with creating/deleting new profiles.

    Ther'es gotta be a database or file that I can delete with FILEZ on my visor to just blank out the calendar and contacts!
    The databases you want to remove are:

    1) AddressCitiesDB
    2) AddressCompaniesDB
    3) AddressCountriesDB
    4) AddressDB
    5) AddressStatesDB
    6) AddressTitlesDB
    7) MemoDB
    8) ToDoDB
    9) DatebookDB

    Filez should be able to handle it for you.

    (Even though this is a Treo group, this will work on a Visor.)
  5. #5  
    I was cautious of this approach because I don't know what will happen when the app goes looking for the data and it isn't there!
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the replies!

    sgruby, luckily I have filez installed... deleting those DBs worked great!

    I hope I'm able to load my calendar , addresses, memos, and to dos correctly! *crossing fingers, hotsyncing as I type*

    Last time i'm going to forget my backup module while i'm traveling!
  7. #7  
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    I was cautious of this approach because I don't know what will happen when the app goes looking for the data and it isn't there!
    The databases are recreated when the apps start if it doesn't exist. However, if you use a replacement datebook or similar program, you'll have to run the built in app first in order to create the base database.
  8.    #8  
    Yay! my visor is back to normal - it works. Thanks everyone!
  9. #9  
    Originally posted by sgruby


    The databases are recreated when the apps start if it doesn't exist. However, if you use a replacement datebook or similar program, you'll have to run the built in app first in order to create the base database.
    That's why you're the developer and I'm not. Thanks for the info!
  10. #10  
    I know that I am later but I will post this for Future reference. A freebie program called Scribble-Out will erase all the data in the built in applications -- Mail, To Do etc. You can find it here Here
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?

Posting Permissions