1.    #1  
    For those in NYC or plan to be in NYC on June 21st, the gdgt blog is doing a meetup. Looks like a lot of tech companies will be there showing products, doing demos, giveaways, etc. It''s a free event, you just have to sign up through Eventbrite. Here's the link with all the info:

gdgt live returns to New York on June 21st! gdgt blog

HP is listed as a Platinum Sponsor, and this is what HP will be doing at the event:

HP will be showing some of its most recent desktops and notebooks, including the TouchSmart 610, the Pavilion dm1z, the Pavilion dv7, and the EliteBook 8460p. We will also be showing off some of the latest HP Palm products.
    So it looks like they will probably be showing off the Veer, TouchPad & maybe the Pre3 as well. Who knows, they may also have some Veers & TouchPad's to raffle off in giveaways (assuming the TouchPad is launched by then). I'm in NYC & planned on going even before I found out that HP was going to be there, but now that I know they'll be there showing off some webOS, I definitely plan going.

For those who plan on going, get your tix at the link above.
  2.    #2  
    Bump.

Figured I'd bump it for those that didn't see this thread last week & would like to go.
    Tix are still available & it's free.
  3.    #3  
    Bump

One more day before the event.
    Tix are still available.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    wonder if u get a free touchpad. but seems at least a free veer is in the bag =)
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
  5.    #5  
    A free TouchPad would be a dream come true, but I'll be happy just to demo & play around with it. I also want to see the Pre 3 in person & play around with it; and if they happen to give out or raffle away some Veer's, that would be awesome.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    report back with ne pre3 info! im debating jumping ship to att
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    report back with ne pre3 info! im debating jumping ship to att

Will do
    No webOS products were on display sadly ...
  9.    #9  
    Yeah, I was there. The event was pretty cool overall, but sadly the HP booth was drowning in Weak Sauce. No webOS whatsoever, they had their new business laptops, the Envy 14, and the new Touch Smart, and some netbooks. I was very disappointed, the main reason I went was try out the Pre 3, & TouchPad, the event description said they would have new HP Palm products to show.

I'm not sure how many people attended, but they said about 2,000 people registered for the event. That was a missed opportunity to show off webOS and create some interest, Oh well, I did get a voucher for a free On Live game system & gdgt T-shirt, so I can't complain.