Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 06/07/2011 at 04:52 PM. Reason: removed dead image links
    With BestBuy, and now Walmart actively clearing space and putting up displays... that means the launch is very very close. These companies don't waste floorspace with empty displays for long.... Looks like the countdown has begun.
    They have the same tag at the Wal-mart in Livingston, TX. Livingston is a small town witha population of around 5500 in the city and 46000 in the whole county. If they are even putting them in our little Wal-mart that must mean they are going with a full scale launch right off the bat. I can hardly wait.
    If they don't launch with the $499 16GB version, it will be a mistake.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    It comes with a free "Wi-"!
    Quote Originally Posted by MesBoogieBrown View Post
    I'm confused to why no one seems to offer this. You would think Wal-Mart of all places would want the least expensive one.
    HP seems to be targeting the 16GB for later release, for whatever reason. I was surprised too, but HP does their sales quite differently from other companies (as we've seen). Too soon to say whether it's to their advantage or not.

I'm more intrigued by the idea that the price tags and displays are getting put out already, whereas BBY training for webOS is rumored to be beginning at the end of the month.

Veer-like soft launch: I'm calling it now.
    I am pretty sure that the 599 variant is 32gb.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    yea i think soft launch too... untill they get the pre3 out and all the software is working as it should i dont think they will turn up the ad campaign
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Called my local Wally's (Springville, Utah) and they said 2 are on the way. Any chance we get an announcement at HP Discover towards the end of this week???
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    So at 2 per store, we could see almost 7000 Touchpads sold at launch. Watch out Apple!!

Anyone check with Sam's Club?
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    If they don't launch with the $499 16GB version, it will be a mistake.
    Who in their right mind thinks 16GB is enough for a touchpad(For all those that don't think 16gb is big enough for their phones)? This is perfectly smart marketing. You put out the most expensive 32gb version and all of the people who have waited so long for it will purchase it on the first day and will have to purchase the 32 gb version. AFter the hype customer hits then you offer the lower cost 16gb version so all of the normal ho hum consumer sees the lower cost version and purchases it.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    These companies don't waste floorspace with empty displays for long.... Looks like the countdown has begun.
    They obviously haven't seen how Palm tends to miss dates and build in a cushion to whatever they've been told!
    This site has the 32GB version listed along with the 16GB and a 32GB Demo version.

2974288 HP PAVILION 16GB WI-FI TOUCHPAD FB355UA#ABA Vendor Authorization
    2974289 HP PAVILION 32GB WI-FI TOUCHPAD FB359UA#ABA Vendor Authorization
    2974290 HP PAVILION 32GB WI-FI DEMO TOUCHPAD FB464UA#ABA Vendor Authorization
    http://www.synnex.com/vendors/HEWLET...D_COMPANY.html

-Skippy
    Like it or not, the $500 model is listed as Apple's best selling iPad. You want to get people to act on something other than Apple? Don't go over the price of the best selling model. The Xoom debacle should have made it clear that many people won't spend over a certain amount because like it or not, Apple set the pricing of tablets. Until that changes, I don't see people coming in droves to pay $600. They need to offer the 16GB option also.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Like it or not, the $500 model is listed as Apple's best selling iPad. You want to get people to act on something other than Apple? Don't go over the price of the best selling model. The Xoom debacle should have made it clear that many people won't spend over a certain amount because like it or not, Apple set the pricing of tablets. Until that changes, I don't see people coming in droves to pay $600. They need to offer the 16GB option also.
    They're shipping 2 to each Wal Mart. Obviously they're not going for volume here.

The Xoom launch was plagued with a lot of FUBAR. Price wasn't the only issue.
    Volume is what they need. That Samsung tablet is supposedly out now too.

And yes, even now I believe there's no 4G radio available for the Xoom. I'd feel like a huge sucker paying $600 on contract or $800 no contract.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    ^ Yeah, the XOOM launch reads like a users manual of how not to introduce a tablet. Atrocious.

Re: Volume. HP will build user volume slowly and methodically, not in an over-the-weekend blast on launch day. If we've learned anything from the launch of the Veer, it's that HP is very serious about the "marathon-not-a-sprint" mentality. They're going to seed a few thousand of these units across the country to early adopters via channels like Wal-Mart and BBY, carefully analyze the response and deal with bugs, and then ramp up on promotion and marketing and retail inventory.

And selling hundreds at a time to enterprise.

Call it dull and conservative, but I think it'll pay off for them.
    The new Galaxy Tab received a very good review on Engadget and is supposedly available for purchase now and I think the starting price is $500. If Samsung ends up smacking HP because they refused to offer the lower price tab sooner...

HP has to compete with not only Apple but these others. If everyone has $500 or under tabs, and HP has none, what do you think will happen? Unless the experience is so much better perhaps that people will dish out the extra $100.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post

HP has to compete with not only Apple but these others. If everyone has $500 or under tabs, and HP has none, what do you think will happen?
    I think they'll sell very few at first, until they offer the 16GB later when they start shipping in volume.

I don't understand why everyone has such problems understanding that you don't need to blow the doors off at a product's launch. A slow and steady ramp-up over time is less spectacular, but it's a perfectly valid way to build a customer base.

Hanging around here sometimes feels like being in a room full of Michael Bay fans, waiting for the next explosion.
    If the new Galaxy Tab really is out for sale, and offers the $500 version, I feel sorry for HP. It's also appears to be thinner, just like they claimed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast