Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 29 of 29
  1. #21  
    I was just thinking: "You know what this world needs? Another Android device."

    Thank goodness.
  2. #22  
    And you think people will jump to pay $100 more for a device with a less than popular app development?

    Well maybe if the reviews are good and there's more exposure.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  3. #23  
    I think I've already talked as much as I want to about soft-launches and why they're not inferior. You seem to want to keep coming back to this Samsung tablet for some reason.
  4. ahitz's Avatar
    Posts
    412 Posts
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    And you think people will jump to pay $100 more for a device with a less than popular app development?

    Well maybe if the reviews are good and there's more exposure.
    No, they'll pick the tablet they want, and pay more for more storage if they want it. Anyone looking at getting a tablet of any kind will look at iPads. Anyone looking at iPads will quickly be educated on the $499/$599/$699 pricing based on storage, which has become standard for all flagship-model iOS, Android, BB/QNX, and webOS devices.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    If the new Galaxy Tab really is out for sale, and offers the $500 version, I feel sorry for HP. It's also appears to be thinner, just like they claimed.
    No need to feel sorry....lol, there will be MANY including myself getting one. This is like saying, b/c company A sells car x cheaper and comes out 1st, then company B should just give up and go away. HP has already stated, they are in a marathon and will sell an ecosystem with what I believe is the best OS today.

    HP will focus on what they gotta do, things will be just fine. It will be all about marketing and leveraging.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    I think I've already talked as much as I want to about soft-launches and why they're not inferior. You seem to want to keep coming back to this Samsung tablet for some reason.
    Because that particular tablet is already out and getting good reviews, which makes me take notice. Other tablets get reviews talking about shortcomings.

    Maybe it won't be for sale at Walmart though. If Walmart sells only the iPad and TouchPad(not sure of that though), the the TouchPad certainly has a chance for anyone who doesn't want Apple. But all these other tablets thrown in and HP has a bigger fight, including price.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by ahitz View Post
    No, they'll pick the tablet they want, and pay more for more storage if they want it. Anyone looking at getting a tablet of any kind will look at iPads. Anyone looking at iPads will quickly be educated on the $499/$599/$699 pricing based on storage, which has become standard for all flagship-model iOS, Android, BB/QNX, and webOS devices.
    But the average consumer now wants apps along with storage. Pay $600 when there's no $500 model available(except maybe online it seems) but also get less apps. Or just pay for the $500 iPad, less storage but many more apps. If you need storage over apps, maybe you will choose the TouchPad.

    But there's also a $600 iPad model that covers storage and there's a bad possibility that if someone wants 32GB they'll just go with Apple for the same price, just due to the apps. Or the wifi version of some Android tab for the same reason. The $500 TouchPad version could give them reason to pause though, due to another alternative. No $500 model at all in brick and mortar stores, and I'm not sure how many people walking in for a tablet are going to consider TouchPad.

    However there's still hope that there will be some effective advertising for the TouchPad to get people to spend the extra $100. Because all that's hot now is iOS or Android. They have to get noticed.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    No need to feel sorry....lol, there will be MANY including myself getting one. This is like saying, b/c company A sells car x cheaper and comes out 1st, then company B should just give up and go away. HP has already stated, they are in a marathon and will sell an ecosystem with what I believe is the best OS today.

    HP will focus on what they gotta do, things will be just fine. It will be all about marketing and leveraging.
    What I'm saying is the $500 needs to be made available, since others have theirs out for purchase in brick and mortar stores. Remember the Xoom tried the 32GB only route and it went bad.

    Yes I know Moto screwed up all over, just saw an article that said Motorola mailed out false hope emails that 4G is finally ready, but it's not, still. They are pitiful in that respect.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  9. ahitz's Avatar
    Posts
    412 Posts
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    But the average consumer now wants apps along with storage. Pay $600 when there's no $500 model available(except maybe online it seems) but also get less apps. Or just pay for the $500 iPad, less storage but many more apps. If you need storage over apps, maybe you will choose the TouchPad.

    But there's also a $600 iPad model that covers storage and there's a bad possibility that if someone wants 32GB they'll just go with Apple for the same price, just due to the apps. Or the wifi version of some Android tab for the same reason. The $500 TouchPad version could give them reason to pause though, due to another alternative. No $500 model at all in brick and mortar stores, and I'm not sure how many people walking in for a tablet are going to consider TouchPad.

    However there's still hope that there will be some effective advertising for the TouchPad to get people to spend the extra $100. Because all that's hot now is iOS or Android. They have to get noticed.
    Well we don't know that they wont have the 16GB by July 1, the 32 may just be for the June 19 displays for pre-orders. Also, I've been to many stores looking for a 16 iPad 2 for my father-in-law for Father's and all any of them had were 3g verizon versions, 32 or 64. So the 32 only in store makes some sense, especially if they think they will sell out the original batch they can get into stores by july: have one model people can get in-store consistently, let them order a 16 if they want it. The Xoom is in store at same size, not sure about Playbook or how the Galaxy Tabs availabilty in store is.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions