Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    To go offtopic again...

Stanley cup = yawn
    NBA finals = win

GO HEAT!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I don't want to live in a world where Lebron has a ring.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    I don't want to live in a world where Lebron has a ring.
    Oh Lord... I feel sorry for you because it's happening.
    Oh Mr. Sanchez,

The NHL playoffs are always more excting. You really find it fun watching teams go through the motions for 3 quarters? At least in the NHL, it's full throttle from the moment the puck is dropped.
    Last edited by Superjudge; 06/07/2011 at 06:32 AM.
  5.    #125  
    HP CEO Leo Apotheker: Hp to launch public cloud – ‘very soon’

"Very soon " are common words on these days. But a public cloud service, I wonder how it will work ?

Full Article:

HP Discover, Las Vegas, HP CEO Leo Apotheker said the company will launch a public cloud ‘very soon.’

It will be a ‘public cloud service, very soon. It will be infrastructure as a service, platform services, and an open cloud market. In the hybrid world, we will supplement private clouds.’

Speaking in the keynote address to the company’s annual convention in Las Vegas, Apotheker, who became hp CEO in November 2010 then introduced Verizon and hailed the telecoms firm as a key partner by citing Verizon’s acquisition of Terremark and its cloud platform delivered through its data centers.

Apotheker said: ‘An optimum part of leveraging the cloud is deep partnerships with for example Verizon.’

President of Terremark, Kerry Bailey said Verizon’s view of the cloud was that it was transformational for business and that it was betting big on the cloud.

Joining Apotheker on the stage, he said: We looked at enterprises buying IT differently and new IT delivery models. We deployed all hp equipment (in its data centers including those in Asia and Latin America) then took in the hp orchestration layer and linked that around Verizon’s MPLS backbone.

Terremark’s service through its data centers is called ‘Everything as a service’ said Bailey which meant that as a long time service provider it saw a trend to enterprises buying their IT as a service from ‘the network layer to the application.’

Apotheker then announced that hp was making $2bn available through HP finance to develop cloud applications for enterprise. ‘Take the money,’ Apotheker said.

Earlier in the day hp unveiled its ecoPOD, a container based air cooled modular data center which it said would deliver a 'near perfect' PUE of 1.05.

Source: DatacenterDynamics | HP CEO Leo Apotheker: Hp to launch public cloud – ‘very soon’
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Why can't HP give a concrete release date? I understand somewhat on the phones because of carriers, but the wifi touchpad, why not just say when it will be in stores already?
    Quote Originally Posted by lancepr View Post
    Why can't HP give a concrete release date? I understand somewhat on the phones because of carriers, but the wifi touchpad, why not just say when it will be in stores already?
    The culture is instant availability so HP wants to feed into the zeitgeist
    by offering availability immediately after announcing ship date. Ironically, it leads to a lot of delayed gratification for us webOS fans but we are a minority, the rest of the world will see announcement and then nearly immediate ship.

Here's another question. WebOS fans after waiting in the desert for 1 1/2 years are about to experience a new phase with webOS TouchPad sitting in all the local retailers in about a month and major enterprise players such as SAP touting the device and webOS. Although a nice change, it will be a bit of a difference, perhaps even shock, from what we have been accustomed to experiencing.

How will you manage the transition?
    I'll just buy a Touchpad, that's how I'll manage.

looks to be good news for everyone

HP TouchPad Takes Calls and Texts from Veer? … Pre 2? … ANY Phone? [UPDATE] | webOSroundup

I wonder if the Pre 2 will be allowed touch-to-share... .
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    I'll just buy a Touchpad, that's how I'll manage.

You got it tough, dude. I don't know how you do it. #hardknocks
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    I wonder if the Pre 2 will be allowed touch-to-share... .
    I had a strong feeling that the Pre 2 would be getting TTS. I would actually be shocked if it didn't. I didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to have to argue my points .. but yeah. I'd be very surprised if it didn't get some sort of TTS.. it will definitely have all the features (i.e. call sharing, text sharing etc). *raises flame shield*
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    I had a strong feeling that the Pre 2 would be getting TTS. I would actually be shocked if it didn't. I didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to have to argue my points .. but yeah. I'd be very surprised if it didn't get some sort of TTS.. it will definitely have all the features (i.e. call sharing, text sharing etc). *raises flame shield*
    hmm i agree. I think the problem is that we don't really have an understanding of exactly how TTS works. Some say the Veer/Pre 3 come with a coil? Obviously the pre 2 doesn't.

Just like I'm quite curious to see how the touchstone awareness stuff works. Interesting nonetheless.
    Hmm, according to their update #2, sounds like Pre2 will require a software update and then be able to send SMS only to Touchpad. Better than nothing I guess, but was hoping for calls as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    To go offtopic again...

Stanley cup = yawn
    NBA finals = win

GO HEAT!

I live in TX, so you'd think I'd be for Dallas, but their owner is such an I can't bring myself to want them to win. On the other hand, I know and care nothing for the Heat, so I'm torn on which team I'd prefer to lose the finals.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    I live in TX, so you'd think I'd be for Dallas, but their owner is such an I can't bring myself to want them to win. On the other hand, I know and care nothing for the Heat, so I'm torn on which team I'd prefer to lose the finals.
    Then root for Dallas if for no other reason than they swept the Lakers out of the Playoffs and a 3Peat! :P
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    It's an easy choice for me, since Miami is my hometown. I would say, don't think about it to hard and just prefer that Dallas loses.
    so is today's event going to be streamed in the same place / same time ?
    nothing???
    agreed.. Nothing at all??
    I guess not..!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast