Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

webOS on Touch pad is a real blow to MS! Please us the link for the balance of the article.

Take care,

Jay

HPís webOS: The stakes just got higher for Windows tablets

HP’s webOS: The stakes just got higher for Windows tablets | The Microsoft Blog - seattlepi.com

In a tablet PC market dominated by the Apple iPad, the race on for a No. 2. Tablets running Microsoftís Windows operating system havenít gone anywhere. Neither have those running Google Android. But the companies arenít giving up.

And now thereís a fourth competitor: Hewlett-Packard.

HP CEO Lťo Apotheker today said its cloud-based operating system, webOS (which HP got in last yearís Palm acquisition), will ship on every HP computer. And his company is considering the idea of licensing webOS to other companies, just as Microsoft does with Windows.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Dont worry Jay, with windows 8 coming to tablets, I think webOS on PC may die a premature death.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Dont worry Jay, with windows 8 coming to tablets, I think webOS on PC may die a premature death.
    Yeah, check out my post in the general WebOS forum. I'm afraid Microsoft may have everyone beat on that....
    1 ghz Sprint Pre-
  4.    #4  
    Hi trust me, I 'm not worried! Take care, Jay
    PS Jay hawk isn't me! I only post under ilovedessert!
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    yeah, windows 8 on tablet looked very impressive. wow, if they can pull it off...

Guess you guys did not catch the line "webOS will be shipping on every HP computer", the largest retailer of computers in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Guess you guys did not catch the line "webOS will be shipping on every HP computer", the largest retailer of computers in the world.
    Unfortunately you missed the part about Microsoft integrating WP OS with Windows 8 on every Windows PC. And on their tablets. Thats essentially EVERY PC in the world.
    1 ghz Sprint Pre-
    Global Posts
    812 Global Posts
    MS have a long, long long history of promising the world and delivering a crock. Until Windows 8 is out, on PCs and working as they said it would, I'll take everything with a pinch of salt.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pronk View Post
    MS have a long, long long history of promising the world and delivering a crock. Until Windows 8 is out, on PCs and working as they said it would, I'll take everything with a pinch of salt.
    Hi,

I have to agree with you...in addition, windows is a power hog as well as a resources hog on a PC and laptops.....we saw from from HP prototype of windows pad..it was slow, balky and ate power rapidly.

MS will have to do an overhaul like they've never done before to pull this off.

take care,

Jay
    Quote Originally Posted by Pronk View Post
    LOL, still waiting to see WP7 live up to all it's hype.

Ohh and for the majority of users, they upgrade their windows OS when they buy a new computer. I haven't paid for a retail version of windows since I built my own PC (back when that was a lot cheaper than buying one built).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Pre is released... IPHONE KILLER!
    Xoom is released... IPAD KILLER!
    Windows 8 is released... EVERYTHING KILLER!

Quick, everybody jump ship now! (if it is even jumping ship!) Forget everything you ever wanted, WINDOWS 8 IS THE ANSWER!!!!
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post

Quick, everybody jump ship now! (if it is even jumping ship!) Forget everything you ever wanted, WINDOWS 8 IS THE ANSWER!!!!
    Hi,

LOL.

Take care,

Jay
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi,

I have to agree with you...in addition, windows is a power hog as well as a resources hog on a PC and laptops.....we saw from from HP prototype of windows pad..it was slow, balky and ate power rapidly.

MS will have to do an overhaul like they've never done before to pull this off.

take care,

Jay
    Yeah but they just showed it off on a 1.8ghz dual core snapdragon tablet. And it didn't lag.....

People I think this needs to be taken seriously. Microsoft did great with the Windows 7 release and apparently windows 8 is designed to use even less resources.
    1 ghz Sprint Pre-
    I'll stick with my core 2 extreme overclocked @ 3.325ghz, undervolted on power save mode, TYVM

Lag is subjective.. what may not lag to you would probably annoy the everloving bejezus out of me
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post

This man knows what's up.
    I really wanna see if the W8 can run old x86 softwares in ARM CPU.

Because if they kill the backward, gonna be only other SO in market...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by JayhawkOne View Post
    Yeah but they just showed it off on a 1.8ghz dual core snapdragon tablet. And it didn't lag.....

People I think this needs to be taken seriously. Microsoft did great with the Windows 7 release and apparently windows 8 is designed to use even less resources.
    Hi,

Do you mean windows 7 for smartphones or windows 7 for PC's? B/c I'm using win 7 on my desktop, while it's better than windows vista, i would give it a 21 gun salute!

Take care,

Jay
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    I really wanna see if the W8 can run old x86 softwares in ARM CPU.
    It can't.
    Refreshing to see someone saying that webOS will be a threat to anyone, much less M$.

And really, you guys thing M$ can take the tablet space? They're bringing a tired PC approach to mobile. HP's mobile to PC approach has a better chance of succeeding IMO. You can already see mobile to "PC" playing out in Macs. They're becoming more and more like iPads. Macs even have an app store now. I'm really interested to see how much further this trend continues when they unveil iOS 5 and Lion next week.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out in terms of HP's relationship with M$. So M$ wants to ship this on every PC in the world? They'll need HP to do that. But then, HP has already said they definitely will ship webOS on every PC they will make. Like I said, it will be very interesting to see how this plays out. Maybe in the end, the success of either webOS or Windows 8 will end up helping both companies come out on top. Maybe, HP will decide to eventually transition to webOS only.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Refreshing to see someone saying that webOS will be a threat to anyone, much less M$.

And really, you guys thing M$ can take the tablet space? They're bringing a tired PC approach to mobile. HP's mobile to PC approach has a better chance of succeeding IMO. You can already see mobile to "PC" playing out in Macs. They're becoming more and more like iPads. Macs even have an app store now. I'm really interested to see how much further this trend continues when they unveil iOS 5 and Lion next week.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out in terms of HP's relationship with M$. So M$ wants to ship this on every PC in the world? They'll need HP to do that. But then, HP has already said they definitely will ship webOS on every PC they will make. Like I said, it will be very interesting to see how this plays out. Maybe in the end, the success of either webOS or Windows 8 will end up helping both companies come out on top. Maybe, HP will decide to eventually transition to webOS only.
    Hi,

I agree with you. In addition Leo did say something that was quite interesting. They are thinking of releasing a webOS computer....HP pays MS a fortune in fees every year...I think the minimum that Leo wants to do is to beat back some of the fees that HP pays to MS.

Right now a webOS computer would be very popular...but if we can get a lot of webOS apps written perhaps it will take off.

Take care,

Jay
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast