1.    #1  
    Ok, am I the only person encountering these new age pop up ads that dont have an option to close them out, or in the case here on Precentral, if it gives you the option to close, a portion of the add still remains and I have to refresh page or totally leave page then return.

I just decided to visit At&t site, again got the dropdown pop up add with NO way to close it out. I know I am not even close to being tech savey, so am I missing something on being able to close out of these MOST annoying ads, or block them.

Sorry mods if already addressed, nothing showed up for me in search addressing this, so feel free to merge if needed.
    Use Opera. Right click on the ad, click "Block content," click on the ad. Done.

I don't normally recommend blocking ads since that's how the Internet stays free (you like FREE don't you?), but if they are especially annoying, I will block them. Should motivate websites to not use annoying ads.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    I use adBlocker on Firefox. No ads, no hassles. Just Google it and you'll find Firefox, Chrome, Safari, IE plug-ins.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Built-in to Opera--no plugin required.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Guess that works too. Should I try it, worth it? Give me some key points to check it out, and I will.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I'll just say that, if you try it long enough to familiarize yourself with it, (and, more importantly, long enough to get past any leanings you have towards another browser), I am confident you will be convinced.

Mouse gestures, tab recycling, speed dial, wand... all built in features you should check out. As a WebOS user, you will probably really appreciate the built-in mouse gestures. I certainly do. It is the one feature I miss the most when I am forced to use another browser.

And it's faster than a potato.

Touchscreens are a fad.
    ok I'm sold. I don't mind trying out new things. I'll let you know what I think in a few days
  8.    #8  
    thanks guys, i'll try those browsers