1.    #1  
    If everything now is cloud oriented (or will be pretty soon), doesn't this mean our bills would get bigger exponentially? If I got it right, US carriers increased data usage costs just in the beginning of cloud era? In my country, data usage is too expensive for plain email syncing not to mention any form of multimedia streaming, cloud based storage etc.
    So, what are you expecting, how will cloud affect your wallets
    What country are you in? Canada perhaps? Most places except North America and I think Australia, have better data options.

And yes, US carriers are cutting unlimited to tiered, right when they start releasing phones that use more data. Back when they forced unlimited on people who didn't need it, the phones weren't capable of what they are now. Now we need unlimited but now must pay through the nose for overages if we get stuck on a tiered plan. Very backwards and only benefits the carriers. They managed to gouge people on unlimited who did not use unlimited, and now are gouging us again when we actually do need unlimited.

Cloud functions are nearly useless on tiered plans unless you micromanage your data usage.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    +1 totally agree with the Phone Diva (it happens ) LOL

It really sux that all the mobile services are aiming at putting most everything into the cloud while carriers adjust billing to take advantage of this trend by holding users hostage to higher rates to be able to use these services.
    Here; in Brazil, the carriers has "solved" this problem using a diferent way: unlimited data for lowest cost in pre paid plans:

=> Tim Brasil - You can use unlimited data until 300 Kbps for R$ 0,50 for day (something as $ .30) but only the first 10 MB. Afterward, your data falls to 50Kbps and if do you don't use, don't pay.

=> Claro - You can use unlimited until 150MB for 15 days (R$ 6,90 - $ 4.00) or 300MB for 30 days (R$ 11,90 - $ 7.00) - After this, your data falls to 32Kbps. After buyed, the package continues until finish your days, using or not.

=> Vivo - You can use unlimited until 300MB for 30 days (R$ 9,90 - $ 6.00) - After this, your data falls to 32Kbps. After buyed, the package continues until finish your days, using or not.

The all other plans is not so diferent, just give more data before fall (01GB; 02GB, etc...)

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    My strong hope is that HP will negotiate with carriers to detect/exempt from data charges any synchronization between phone and tablet. {Jonathan}
    1.) data costs in the USA, home of corporate greed, are skyrocketing and will be further because the local consumers seem to have forgotten that their side of the market -demand- is also part of the cost equation. Meanwhile, data is costing less and less anywhere else because customers simply aren't standing for overpriced products.

2.) I have WiFi at my home and at every friend's place that I visit. I don't pay a cent for data (and, by proxy, cloud access) when at home or visiting. The only place I pay for cellular data is on the street and at work. I don't stream much video and music from the cloud at work. I work there.

3.) I was under the impression that data synchronization between phone and tablet was done via bluetooth. The carrier can't bill you for that (and if they can, your fault for signing that contract). If it's done via cellular data, the carrier has every moral right to charge for it / debit it against your data plan.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    yeah but in the US with more broadband streaming we are also using less cable, as u can witwess from decline in cable subscriptions. We are paying more on one end, but getting a better more diverse service and at the same time getting rid of an old bill ( cable). now with MS about to announce IPTV on monday things are about to change very dramatically!!
    oh and syncing between webos devices can be done through wifi so if should not affect your cellular bill.
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    What is this about IPTV?
    Looking for guidance on developing email me for some good sources of info please, thanks!
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    we will find out monday for sure! but basically is TV through internet
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
  10.    #10  
    What? No ip tv in US? Telecom introduced iptv in Serbia few years ago. It's nothing special, just plain tv over adsl modem connection. We dont have hdtv over ip.