1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Buried in an article about Nokia, I came across he fact that Ruby will be speaking at the Qallcomm Conference. Please use the link for the rest of the article.

I then looked up the Qallcomm Conference & I found the site for the Upling 2011 conference. I have posted that as well along with it's link.

Lastly I have included the schedule info for the Upling Conference & Jon's Bio info from the conference webite, to bad it's in San Diego and not here in Central Florida.

Take care,

Jay

Nokia's Elop to speak at Qualcomm conference
    Head of HP's mobile unit and
    HTC chief also will appear

By Mike Freeman
    Originally published 11:49 a.m., May 26, 2011, updated 11:52 a.m., May 26, 2011

Nokia's Elop to speak at Qualcomm conference - SignOnSanDiego.com

Last year, perhaps the biggest buzz at Qualcomm’s Uplinq conference was the rock group Train, which performed a private concert for 2,000 or so attendees.

This year, the talk is less about rock ‘n roll — Qualcomm is keeping its concert plans a secret — and more about heavyweight speakers who are coming to the gathering for mobile apps developers.

Nokia Chief Executive Stephen Elop leads a list that includes HTC Chief Executive Peter Chou and Jon Rubinstein, former Palm chief who now runs the mobile business for Hewlett-Packard. HP acquired Palm last year.

Item two:

I found this on the main page for the 2011 Upling Conference:

Uplinq 2011 |

Great sessions. Great keynotes. Great time to register!Join the leaders in mobile apps and data services at the Uplinq® 2011 Conference in sunny San Diego June 1 & 2. Hosted by Qualcomm, Uplinq is the only wireless ecosystem conference that brings together developers and publishers, device makers, OS and technology providers, and network operators to build business around high-quality, compelling mobile apps and data services.

Uplinq boasts an extraordinary lineup of heavy hitters. Qualcomm Chairman and CEO Dr. Paul Jacobs opens the conference on Wednesday June 1 with his address on "Mobile Computing – The Next Great Frontier." Executives from Creative Artists Agency, Dreamworks, Namco and Sony Ericsson will join him on stage during this opening keynote speech. Immediately following, you will have the opportunity to sit in on a fireside chat with Jon Rubinstein, who heads up HP's Palm Global Business Unit. The Thursday June 2 general session opens with a keynote address by Peter Chou, CEO of HTC, followed immediately by the closing general session keynote address from Nokia CEO Stephen Elop. Make sure to get your seat early so you don't miss a minute of this stellar lineup.

Item three from the schedule section of the Upling 2011 confeence site:

Schedule | Uplinq 2011

11:00 AM - 12:00 PM Fireside Chat: Conversation with HP's Jon Rubinstein .
    General Session
    Leaders from the wireless ecosystem appraise the state of the mobile industry in a plenary session that explores the latest business trends and advances in technology. close
    Come hear HP's Jon Rubinstein discuss the company's mobility strategy, its new lineup of webOS-based smartphones and its TouchPad tablet.

Speaker:
    Jon Rubinstein , HP

Item number four:

http://www.uplinq.com/speaker/jon-rubinstein

Jon Rubinstein
    Senior Vice President and General Manager, Palm Global Business Unit
    HP
    Jon Rubinstein is senior vice president and general manager of HP’s Palm Global Business Unit, where he is leading HP’s efforts in the mobility space, and is responsible for webOS software development and webOS-based hardware products. Rubinstein has played a pivotal role in the development of some of the most influential computing products of our time. He served as the chairman and chief executive officer of Palm Inc. prior to its acquisition by HP and was the driving force behind the company’s return to innovation with its award-winning webOS software and innovative mobile devices. Rubinstein’s professional background includes almost a decade at Apple. As a member of Apple’s senior executive staff, he was instrumental in conceiving the iPod. As head of hardware engineering, Rubinstein led the rapid rollout of the iMac, a product that revitalized Apple and revolutionized personal computer design. Before joining Apple, Rubinstein built his career at computer companies including HP and NeXT. Rubinstein also founded his own company, Firepower Systems Inc. Rubinstein is a member of the National Academy of Engineering and a senior member of the IEEE. He holds bachelor’s and master’s degrees in electrical engineering from Cornell University and a master’s degree in computer science from Colorado State University. Rubinstein also is a member of the Board of Directors of Amazon.com.
    This speaker is presenting at the following session(s):
    Wednesday, June 1
    11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
    Fireside Chat: Conversation with HP's Jon Rubinstein
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  2. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    ok . . . what are you proposing? You think he's gonna release something on those dates?
    Quote Originally Posted by dec View Post
    ok . . . what are you proposing? You think he's gonna release something on those dates?
    i dont think he's proposing anything, just that ruby's gonna be speaking...
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by dec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    i dont think he's proposing anything, just that ruby's gonna be speaking...
    Hi all,

I'm not proposing anything but an announcement from Ruby would be nice...(besides I used up my "proposing quote" a few weeks ago, when I proposed marriage to Amy).

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    ruby will say "stay tuned", "company abcde" and "coming soon"

remember when the first "back to the future" movie ended, and there was a "to be continued" at the end...but there was 5 or 6 yr gap before the 2nd movie was released. That's how long it feels sometimes for palm to release new devices...
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    ruby will say "stay tuned", "company abcde" and "coming soon"

remember when the first "back to the future" movie ended, and there was a "to be continued" at the end...but there was 5 or 6 yr gap before the 2nd movie was released. That's how long it feels sometimes for palm to release new devices...
    It should be like "Pirates of the Caribbean". You start asking; 'another one already?'
    Ruby is notoriously tight lipped when it comes to reveling anything, it's downright boring to listen to him unless you know he's going to announce something.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Ruby is notoriously tight lipped when it comes to reveling anything, it's downright boring to listen to him unless you know he's going to announce something.
    Hi all,

It's just a few days from now, (a week from yesterday), we'll know soon enough.

take care,

jay